Forum: Fractals

Subject: A glitch report and a teeny weeny wish

tutri opened this issue on Aug 09, 2006 · 6 posts

tutri posted Wed, 09 August 2006 at 2:28 AM

I changed my avatar a minute ago and noticed a minor but slightly confusing glitch. When I deleted my old avatar and uploaded a new one, the profile page would still show the older image. At first I thought something went wrong with the uploading, but the new avatar shows correctly on other pages. In other words, the replacing went OK except the image on the profile page didn't get updated. I'm using the latest version of Firefox.

[edit] Oops! Now that I sent this message, the old "Moomin" avatar stands proud on its side. Strange indeed.

On another note, the 'new order' here seems finally to be working as it should, and I like it a lot. Thanks for your efforts! Everything gets done faster than before, and now that I'm used to the new look, I must say it's pretty darn nice. There's one tiny feature I still miss from the olden days, though, and that is the "Next/Previous" button in the gallery image viewing window. I admit this is just a personal preference thing, not something that would really need implementing, but I would like to be able to move from one image to another inside a gallery without having to close one window and open another to do that.

Anyway, things seem to be looking good for our community as the technical issues are behind and the gallery is filled to the brim almost each day with new images. Good going!

tutri posted Wed, 09 August 2006 at 8:32 AM

Uh oh, now the new avatar is gone altogether, all I see is the old one no matter which page I look at. Argh.

[edit] Hahaha! The browser is going nuts! Just as I sent this, the new avatar showed itself...go figure. I guess the problem is solved? We'll see.

Kid_Fisto posted Wed, 09 August 2006 at 10:26 AM

your avatar looks fine to me...what browser?

tutri posted Wed, 09 August 2006 at 9:16 PM

I'm using Firefox. Funny thing, now that I rebooted everything seems just fine. I guess I'm still a bit noob at these things despite years of Windowz usage... :D

Kid_Fisto posted Thu, 10 August 2006 at 6:53 AM

Well, with firefox what could've been happening is that it was downloading the most recent version of Firefox, which was put out yesterday. if you notice things running abnormally slow, that's usually what's happening. and yes, rebooting would help. If it happens again, make sure "Load images for the originating site only" isn't checked under firefox prefs, under the content tab. that setting prevents third-party ads from loading but also screws up avatars and thumbs on myspace, snapfish,  gamespy, etc.

tutri posted Thu, 10 August 2006 at 2:59 PM

Hmm. A nasty coincidence then, probably. Thanks a lot for the advice Kid Fisto!!