Forum: Vue

Subject: how to get back metal collection

nick1 opened this issue on Aug 15, 2006 · 6 posts

nick1 posted Tue, 15 August 2006 at 8:43 PM

Hi all-this might have been brought up before. So I do apologize for asking it again. As i was assigning materials to my model, I accidentally deleted the metal collection of the preocedural textures. Now when the dialog box comes up, there is no "Metal" catagory. So how do I get the metal catagory back into the collections? I am using Vue5i.

Thanks in advance,

Nick

Shari123 posted Tue, 15 August 2006 at 9:31 PM

In the bottom left corner of the window is a small icon for adding a new collection. You select that and then navigate to where your textures are stored and select the folder (in most cases inside Vue under Materials, but they can be stored elsewhere). It will then ask you what to call the collection and when approved by you the collection will be added.

nick1 posted Tue, 15 August 2006 at 10:25 PM

That little icon says "new collection". When I clicked that it brought up a dialog box that asked for the desired folder. I thought the "Metal" folder would be under Material folder. I can only highlight the "material" folder and then it wants to give it a name, but I don't see any "Metal" catagory.

I will try it again tomorrow

Thanks so much Shari,

nick1 posted Tue, 15 August 2006 at 10:38 PM

agiel posted Tue, 15 August 2006 at 10:40 PM

You have to go to the program files/e-on software... folder to reopen the metal collection. By default, the new collection dialog brings you to your personal folder.

nick1 posted Sat, 19 August 2006 at 10:40 PM

Thanks Agiel. I had to reinstall the whole thing. But for next time I'll keep that in mind.