Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poses canceling out Morphs??

Callisto_Bane opened this issue on Aug 18, 2006 · 7 posts

Callisto_Bane posted Fri, 18 August 2006 at 3:06 PM

I am currently working on a project and I have noticed that when I use some poses that I purchased here and there (RDNA & Daz & Renderosity) that after they take affect I lose all of the custom morph work I did on my characters face. It's only with SOME poses... Not with all of them. Any idea why this would be happening, and any way it could be fixed or avoided? Well aside from ditching those poses all together.. Most of them are really helpful.

MatrixWorkz posted Fri, 18 August 2006 at 3:12 PM

Those poses were saved with Morph information in them. The best way to get around it is to load the pose first, resave just the pose without morph information this time and then load the newly created pose to your morphed figure.

Every time you save a pose you're asked if you'd like to save things like morphs and joint information. Unfortunately the pose creators for the poses that are breaking your morphs chose to include their morph information and it's over-riding your own morphs.

My Freebies

Miss Nancy posted Fri, 18 August 2006 at 3:12 PM

you dialed up a set of morphs, then the new pose reset all those dials to zero? or you added new morphs (new dials) and now the dials are gone?

Callisto_Bane posted Fri, 18 August 2006 at 5:53 PM

I created a character, added the morphs (Dialed the info) I wanted to her and then went to put her into a pose and when I put her into the pose all the dials reset to zero.

dasquid posted Sat, 19 August 2006 at 5:11 AM

When you save a pose there is 2 options you can use one of them saves just the pose. But the other one saves the pose AND the morphs on the figure. Some pose creators are a bit careless or just dont know better and save  poses WITH morphs when they should just save the poses.

As mentioned above you can fix the poses yourself (though they should NEVER have been allowed into a store with morphs saved) by loading the pose and clicking the + on the bottom of your library and saving the pose again and when the option comes up to save with or without morphs save the poses WITHOUT.
Then your poses will work as they should have from the beginning.

Callisto_Bane posted Mon, 21 August 2006 at 7:01 PM

Thanks very much for the replies, problem now fixed :)

Ghostofmacbeth posted Mon, 21 August 2006 at 7:37 PM

One quick way I get round this is I spawn a morph target from my combined morphing and then if it goofs with the pose (which I hate and isn't suppossed to happen) then I just dial the combo head morph to 1.