Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Looking for freebie AK-47 or similar

lemur01 opened this issue on Aug 28, 2006 · 8 posts

lemur01 posted Mon, 28 August 2006 at 4:27 AM

Doing some scenes featuring tooled up boy scouts (i know, i know, blame PoserWorld lol) so i need firearms a plenty. Any help appreciated.

Jack

estherau posted Mon, 28 August 2006 at 5:45 AM Online Now!

Panko here at the MP has very reasonably priced ones that are very very detailed and accurate, and he has a pose set too I think. But you were after free stuff. Well do a search of the freebies here and at other places like 3dcommune.com - I'm sure you'll find your AK. Love esther

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

AntoniaTiger posted Mon, 28 August 2006 at 1:21 PM

M16 family are commonplace. There's other freebies, of variable quality, all over the place, some good, some rather blatantly out of scale, some a heap of rubbish. You're not limited to Poser. There are 3DS and Lightwave freebies out there, though they need a bit of work, sometimes. As for an actual Kalashnikov, there's a good model here as a freebie: search for "gun" and it's on the second page. I recall it being suggested that it's the Girl Scouts who are entrusted with controlling nuclear weapons release. See Simon Barber's Road Runner for an explanation, downloadable here. Yes, I do have a warped mind.

pakled posted Mon, 28 August 2006 at 8:25 PM

there was a free AK in Freebies years ago (about '01, when I first joined). Can't remember who..but you could look in there..

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

ellocolobo posted Mon, 28 August 2006 at 11:51 PM

Did you find your gun yet?

deljs posted Mon, 28 August 2006 at 11:55 PM

Attached Link: Turbosquid AK47 search

some really nice free ones at Turbosquid

lemur01 posted Tue, 29 August 2006 at 2:47 AM

Thanks every1, found a good variety so i guess it's time to start work. Thanks again

Jack

Acadia posted Tue, 29 August 2006 at 2:56 AM

Attached Link: http://perso.orange.fr/vincent.moyet-amalthea3d/html/3dmodels.html

I did a search at [Mystic Nights](http://mystic-nights.com/directory/index.php) for "AK" and there is supposed to be one at the above link.

Andi3D also has one.

Blender also has one.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi