Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: The Tailor 1.6....

Callisto_Bane opened this issue on Aug 28, 2006 · 5 posts

Callisto_Bane posted Mon, 28 August 2006 at 10:46 PM

This could be said for other versions of the program as well, or perhaps not.. I don't know. However, when I import V3 as the base figure and tick off the morphs I want to take from her and put into whatever clothing item I bring in... Is it normal for the program to put the morphs from the abdomen, hip, buttocks, and other parts into one group of the dress? For instance I imported a skirt into The Tailor after checking off a couple morphs from the hip, abdomen, and thigh area of V3.. All parts I figured would be needing tweaking after putting it on the character. I set the process up (had morphs selected as one body morph unselected) and waited for it to finish. After it had finished I saved the item and took the skirt into poser. I loaded up my V3 character and then the skirt conformed it and went into the dials to set up the morphs to correctly fit my character. When I went to view the morphs for the skirt they were in a jumble. I had morphs such as this all mixed together:

ThighWide_lButtock

ThighFull_IButtock

HipNarrow_IButtock

HipSmall_IButtock

Voluptuous_IButtock

Faerie_IButtock

Muscular_IButtock

And then after it would do all the morphs like that for the IButtock it would redo them again for the rButtock, Hip, abdomen and so forth. Am I doing something wrong in the set up of the process for The Tailor to get these results? Or is this how the program works? In addition here is a screen shot to further explain what I am talking about...

jefsview posted Mon, 28 August 2006 at 11:47 PM

Yes, that's correct :) Any morphs you want that affect the same area will be included (if you chose to add them). FBM's like Tone, etc will affect the hip, so it includes that in the hip. While hip only area morphs are also included, like the buttock.

Not all will of the added morphs will do much if the parent morph didn't affect it to a great degree, but it does allow you more control at shaping/morphing the part needed.

Be grateful that 1.6 works. I had bought Tailor 1.5 a long time ago, but it never worked in Poser 6 SR2, so it just sat collecting dust in my folders. And it didn't seem possible to contact the creator, until Tailor 1.6 mysteriously appeared.

The Tailor 1.6 works wonders, and I use it more than Wardrobe Wizard (which, incidently, is still the greatest drawback to The tailor, since it can't do converted clothing). Not all clothes are created equally, so most clothing doesn't fit morphed characters very realistically. And since I never use the plain base figures, it is a godsend :)

But, yep, it's working okay. Remember to save as a new file, since there's no way to remove newly added morphs 9without another programs, perhaps).

-- Jeff

Callisto_Bane posted Tue, 29 August 2006 at 12:38 AM

Actually I already had the problems with The Tailor lol, and I have WW as well and it works great on somethings. Thank you for your reply, I hope I can at least clean it up a bit because all of those different but the same dials are driving me up the wall.

jefsview posted Tue, 29 August 2006 at 1:03 AM

Try asking someone in the Blacksmith forum, since that's a morph creation tool, so they know morphs and perhaps can help you permanently delete the ones you don't want.

-- Jeff

Callisto_Bane posted Tue, 29 August 2006 at 8:37 PM

Actually I got it now... After all the morphs are put in you can go into each individual group such as Hip, Abdomen, Chest and so forth and so on and delete the morphs that do not go with that group. It then leaves only the morphs that will affect that particular area. It works great and isn't jumbled now! :) :) Lol thanks for the help though, and I hope this thread helps someone else who might be having this problem.