Forum: Bryce

Subject: The Flying Scotsman Project

TheBryster opened this issue on Sep 02, 2006 · 719 posts

TheBryster posted Sat, 02 September 2006 at 6:25 PM Forum Moderator

(Request sticky)

Those of you with still intact memories will remember the famous Crystal Palace Challenge between myself and the equaly famous Draculaz some time ago.

Well once again the gauntlet has been tossed into the arena, this time by Danamo!

Why? Well it seems that Danamo thinks I've been insufferable and need bringing down a peg or two (in a friendly sort of way) so next month will see Wd3 and Bryce 5.5c at loggerheads in the hands of two kinda knowledgable(cough-cough) Brycers.

Here's the deal. The challenge starts on the 1st of October and lasts until the 30th October at noon GMT.

We will create a scene that will include the Steam Locomotive commanly known as the 'Flying Scotsman', Tender and Track. Landscape/scenery and such buildings or not as each sees fit. The loco will be fired up or not as each sees fit. Characters or not - our  choice. Carriages or not.

Danamo will create his loco & tender from scratch in W3D but will import to & render it in Bryce Version-whatever.

I will create my scene/loco etc using only Bryce - no imports from other apps - but allowing enhanced primitives that are available on Rendo freestuff. (See Spacebones - my new best friend)

The membership of the Bryce Forum will be formally invited to vote on the final renders for nolonger than 3 days after which Agent Smith will be respectfully invited to declare a winner.

WIPs will be posted as each sees fit, but each agrees to post at least 3 wips to keep the viewing membership on the edge of their seats. Each also agrees to post a wireframe.

Other Brycers may enter the challenge on the understanding that their work WILL NOT be judged as this challenge is between Danamo and The Bryster.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader

All the Woes of a World by Jonathan Icknield aka The Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...