Forum: Community Center

Subject: Free stuff search routine broken?

spedler opened this issue on Sep 13, 2006 · 7 posts

spedler posted Wed, 13 September 2006 at 2:36 PM

I wanted a posable tail for Poser, so I searched in free stuff. I entered 'tail' as the search term, selected the Poser category, left sorted by relevance on, which it is by default, and clicked the search button.

The results displayed 6 items, but the page text said 'results 1 through 18 of 18 sorted by' (relevance). If I then used the jump menu to change relevance to post date, all 18 were displayed. And if I used the jump menu a second time to select relevance again, all 18 were displayed rather than 6. There's clearly something amiss here.

I've another gripe with the free stuff downloads. Clicking 'details' for any item brings up a non-resizable window (which also, for some annoying reason flies to the right hand side of the screen - this is totally unnecessary BTW). But in some of these windows, the free stuff providers give links to forum threads, which are then essentially unreadable because they are shown in this tiny window. Be nice to be able to resize that.

Anyway, could someone have a look at the free stuff search please? The example above is consistent and reproducible if you want to check it out.

Steve

StaceyG posted Wed, 13 September 2006 at 2:58 PM

I'll take a look

IO4 posted Fri, 15 September 2006 at 2:28 PM

I've had problems recently just being able to stay in the freebie section. I manage to browse maybe two or three items and then I get thrown off-line - it only evers happens in this section, nowhwere else on this site or any other site. There is an error message that I get - would it be of any help to a copy of this to the admins if it happens again? 

Beginners tutorials for Bryce

Bryce Arena

StaceyG posted Fri, 15 September 2006 at 2:31 PM

Yes please

Acadia posted Fri, 15 September 2006 at 5:23 PM

I  just went there and searched the word:  tail

I left it at relevance,  uploaded in the past 5000 days, and didn't specify a catagory.

I got 15 items pulled up.  The bottom of the page says  "results 1 through 21 of 21 sorted by relevance"

The same results when I search by post date.

I notice that there is now a nudity filter in free stuff, so if that's on, then the results will not be as vast as they could be.  I don't have the nudity filter on, but my results are 6 items short of the 21 results that are being indicated as having been found.

If you enter in  the word   tail and use the * as a wild card like:   tail*

You get 5 results but it indicates at the bottom:  "results 1 through 31 of 31 sorted by relevance"

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

StaceyG posted Fri, 15 September 2006 at 8:11 PM

I have turned this over to the programmers and will let you know as soon as I hear what is the deal here:)

Thanks for reporting

hewee posted Sat, 16 September 2006 at 1:02 AM

I know with the gallery there are only 706 pages of thumbnails for the new images going back to Wed, August 2, 2006 12:50 am

Then for the forums it goes back to to the same date.or the same date in this forum.

The freestuff it goes back to Friday, March 5, 1999 6:43 pm.

This is all done by clicking on the double arrow >> or page number to get to the end.

On the Market Place there are no dates.