Forum: Community Center

Subject: Free stuff search routine broken?

spedler opened this issue on Sep 13, 2006 ยท 7 posts

spedler posted Wed, 13 September 2006 at 2:36 PM

I wanted a posable tail for Poser, so I searched in free stuff. I entered 'tail' as the search term, selected the Poser category, left sorted by relevance on, which it is by default, and clicked the search button.

The results displayed 6 items, but the page text said 'results 1 through 18 of 18 sorted by' (relevance). If I then used the jump menu to change relevance to post date, all 18 were displayed. And if I used the jump menu a second time to select relevance again, all 18 were displayed rather than 6. There's clearly something amiss here.

I've another gripe with the free stuff downloads. Clicking 'details' for any item brings up a non-resizable window (which also, for some annoying reason flies to the right hand side of the screen - this is totally unnecessary BTW). But in some of these windows, the free stuff providers give links to forum threads, which are then essentially unreadable because they are shown in this tiny window. Be nice to be able to resize that.

Anyway, could someone have a look at the free stuff search please? The example above is consistent and reproducible if you want to check it out.

Steve