Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: My first clothing conversion using wardrobe wizard

Darboshanski opened this issue on Sep 23, 2006 · 10 posts

Darboshanski posted Sat, 23 September 2006 at 9:22 PM

I converted the V3 everyday set from daz to fit Aiko 3. Wardrobe wizard is cool!

My Facebook Page

SoCalRoberta posted Sat, 23 September 2006 at 9:46 PM

Great results. Congratulations :)

BastBlack posted Sun, 24 September 2006 at 12:41 AM

Yes. Very Cool. ^^ bB

RodB posted Sun, 24 September 2006 at 2:45 AM

How do you go with WW when the orignal clothes dont fit the model very good ,, I have some BVH items for V3 I want to convert to a morphed V3 that no matter what dont fit clean all over  , to fit the breasts , the belly will poke,  fit the hips the breast will poke , conform too dont fit it ,,, what do you do with clothes like this , is there a way to make the fit all over ?

Rod

bnetta posted Sun, 24 September 2006 at 3:00 AM

yes ww will fix this problem rodb.

the easiest convertions is from the same figure to a morphed version as the joints don't have to be changed. there is no poke through, as the ww has utilities to deal with this, like inflate,deflate,smooth ect.... it works very well.

netta

www.oodlesdoodles.com

Acadia posted Sun, 24 September 2006 at 3:36 AM

Quote -
How do you go with WW when the orignal clothes dont fit the model very good ,, I have some BVH items for V3 I want to convert to a morphed V3 that no matter what dont fit clean all over  , to fit the breasts , the belly will poke,  fit the hips the breast will poke , conform too dont fit it ,,, what do you do with clothes like this , is there a way to make the fit all over ?

Rod

I have most if not all of BVH's clothing packages.  I've analyzed most of the items (still have some to do).  Now all I have to do is put the clothing on the morphed V3 or SP3 or Aiko, or any other WW supported figure and click one button (convert to), and the clothing is adjusted to fit that figure's body. I do a couple of "smooth" or an "inflate" on the outfit's body part and I'm done. Takes literally less than a minute.

Another nice thing about WW is that you don't even need to have the original figure in your library to use the clothing, so long as you have the clothing and the WW .dat analysis file.  For example I don't have MayaDoll but there was a free dress that I liked.  Someone was kind enough to analyze the dress for me and give me the WW .dat file for that clothing's analysis (not the clothing file, just the data WW stored),  and now I can use that dress on any of my WW supported figures without having MayaDoll in my library.  The only time you need to have the original figure in your library is if you want to do the analysis yourself.

PhilC has a forum where people can share their .dat files with other WW users, and a forum where you can put in a request for a .dat file for a specific outfit.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

RodB posted Sun, 24 September 2006 at 4:51 AM

Thanks for the info Ive been playing with inflate deflate buttons and yes they seem to fit out the base figure nicely , Ive only just got WW and starting to get the handgof it ,,, one thing though it seems to tear the mesh and or the texture on some items even if it dont have to alter the original very much at all , what is the reason for that , the item is BVH Pleasures Of Grey corset !

Thanks Rod

nickedshield posted Sun, 24 September 2006 at 9:49 AM

About the ripping: Sometimes that occurs when you use the smooth all on the body. Try smoothing each body part individually. Same applies for inflating/deflating. For more precision you can create a Lock group and use the inflate/deflate by group. This is extremely useful for adjusting the front of the breast so it doesn't affect the back of the outfit..

I must remember to remember what it was I had to remember.

Darboshanski posted Sun, 24 September 2006 at 9:53 AM

Some really cool tips here and very helpful for me seeing I've only had the program a day. Thanks!!!

Micheál

My Facebook Page

BastBlack posted Sun, 24 September 2006 at 11:31 AM

You can also use smoothing on just a material, this works great for smoothing some things but leaving other things alone. bB