Forum: Community Center

Subject: Battle Mode

doneydonydone opened this issue on Sep 27, 2006 ยท 6 posts

doneydonydone posted Wed, 27 September 2006 at 3:57 PM

good evening/afternoon or good morning to every one at Rendo!!

i have just come across a website that had an excellent feature to it

It was a battle area where i was allowed to vote between 2 pictures which was the best

i did about 10 or so and never really bothered checking who was battle champ or anything but i think i get the way it works...

2 images flash on the screen - on impulse you say which one is best

if 100's 1000's of people do the same process each week/month we could have a crowned battle champ

i like the idea cos it sort of blows the whole top20 issue open again

as long as images have no name a lot of the votes would be based on what they look like instead of who they are by!!!

does anyone else think this is a relatively good idea

is it possible to implement it here at Rendo??

people could opt in to the Battle mode when they upload their image

i am posting this here in the community area but also in the Terragen area - where i know there have been issues with top20's etc etc

good or bad idea

Ddd

cliff-dweller posted Wed, 27 September 2006 at 4:27 PM

DAZ's ArtZone has this set-up...think they call it "Face-Off" or something like that...

...my opinion is that the Rosity galleries would be better off with LESS emphasis on competition, not more.

Getting rid of the Hot 20 only to replace it with the Art Charts was a mistake...they had the first step right, but simply reincarnated it in the second step.

Check out my full gallery at Cliff-Dweller Artworks

Miss Nancy posted Wed, 27 September 2006 at 5:03 PM

it sounds like an interesting idea, but if all the images have signatures in 'em, it would degenerate into the hot 20 again IMVHO.

thefixer posted Thu, 28 September 2006 at 2:41 AM

I agree with the other 2, art shouldn't be about competition!!

Injustice will be avenged.
Cofiwch Dryweryn.

Star4mation posted Thu, 28 September 2006 at 2:35 PM

Does anyone actualy bother to look at the art charts? Think Ive looked twice and thought You got no chance Star4mation. These guys are in everybody's fav list, they will always be at the top!

Unless there's a prize at the end of it I see no reason to compete with other artists just to be top of a list.

If it ain't free, I can't afford it.

Miss Nancy posted Thu, 28 September 2006 at 2:38 PM

I haven't looked at the charts, I admit (excepting on the first day).