Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: secondlife

rockets opened this issue on Oct 23, 2006 · 4 posts

rockets posted Mon, 23 October 2006 at 3:15 PM

Attached Link: http://secondlife.com/

Somebody sent me this link and I just wondered if anyone has heard of it.  I found this under avatars:

** Second Life Mannequin**

Includes custom Poser characters of the Second Life avatar (basic male and female), as well as OBJ and BVH files to aid in the creation of similar models in other 3D applications. 

These models can be used to generate more accurate character animations for upload into Second Life.  Additionally, they can be used as mannequins to test clothing and other avatar related textures without requiring logging in to Second Life.

I haven't downloaded these so I don't know if they are actual Poser characters or not.  Hmmm, interesting.

My idea of rebooting is kicking somebody in the butt twice!

wheatpenny posted Mon, 23 October 2006 at 3:21 PM Site Admin

My daughter plays that, and has jsut gotten into using Paint Shop pro to make custom textures for it
it's a lot like Sims Online.
Those mannequins are actual Poser characters that can be loaded in Poser.

Jeff

Renderosity Senior Moderator

Hablo español

Ich spreche Deutsch

Je parle français

Mi parolas Esperanton. Ĉu vi?

giorgio_2004 posted Tue, 24 October 2006 at 6:03 AM

There was another thread about Second Life just some days ago. Have a look at it with the search function, it was interesting.

Giorgio

giorgio_2004 here, ksabers on XBox Live, PSN  and everywhere else.

rowan_crisp posted Tue, 24 October 2006 at 1:08 PM

If you're thinking of using the SL mannequins for actual figures, I, ah.

Wouldn't recommend it.

Content creators for SL LOATHE the mesh. It's buggy, it stretches in the oddest places, and it just sucks.

It's released to provide a resource to test textures and to create importable animations.