Forum: Community Center

Subject: The poor mans take... (What happened to the OT forum?)

MatCreator opened this issue on Oct 24, 2006 ยท 22 posts

MatCreator posted Tue, 24 October 2006 at 5:16 AM

Attached Link: http://www.geocities.com/matcreator/

OK people, Ill admit... I dont make "billions" off sales from my products like some of you guys may think :)

Mind you, not that I need to explain or justify myself, my methods or practices, my reasons or my actions and/or my beliefs, Ill do so so that we have a better understanding of how I operate...

I use a Yahoo/Geocities account for pretty much everything I do with regards to "MatCreator"... My email account, my website, yahoo groups, all that "neat and keen "stuff"... I dont or never have had a "problem" with Yahoo, as I have heard so many people claim. Its free, and as far as I am concerned and for my own personal needs, simply put "it gets the job done", and I am and have been OK with it.

As Ive said before on many occassions, I truly enjoy making "stuff" for all you guys. I remember when I began this "journey" I was truly dependant on the help, advice and knowledge of other members of the graphics community, and of course, the presets they shared. The information and files they freely passed were of great help, and in that, I pleased to be able to give back to the community...

In that, I dont feel its right for people to expect or obligate others to incur expen$e$ in order to share files or information...

"Never look a gifthorse in the mouth"

Even better...

"Take what you can and RUN... RUN REAL FAST!!!" :P

C'mon folks... Youd think some people have never seen a someone with a geocities website before... Yea, its hard getting stuff on the 1st few days, DUH :P Maybe I should make crappy stuff so that no one wanted it and you could access my site easier. Maybe I should mass mail everyone in the graphics community with the files. Maybe I should shove these files right up some of ye.............. Maybe I should get off my duff, put in a few extra hours at work and pay for hosting right?!?

Hey, Im a sick man. I have this Italian disease you see. "Myfundsarelow". Do a Google search...

(((Its real funny when you say it fast :P)))

Heck, they "make money" at these sites, and they cant host the free stuff we have (just ask ClintH the multi-billionaire)... Remember, Im just one of the little guys. A pee-on. A nobody... Look at my gallery... No ones there :P Add a free item at Geocities and I become Public Enemy Number One... Thats not nice!

Dont get me wrong, I do appreciate the handful of fans that will take time from their daily activities in order to write me an email telling me how I suck, how I should pay for hosting, can you send me the files (which, I DO DO at times mind you!!! Out of "kindness") and my all time favorite was when someone took their time from their busy schedule to write me about how they "didnt" want my stuff... Exqueeze me?!? Yea folks, its getting pretty bad... Im getting more emails about my site/freebies than comments in my gallery :P

Be kind, Rewind! John 3:16!! Carpe Diem! Dont tip my cow!!!

A little patience, goes a long way folks... The files are there, and will be there (well, unless something "uncool" happens :P). You can always come back to access the files at another time... I dont think that thats asking too much. For "FREE" stuff...

Besides, Im saving all my earnings to generate an evil army of sheep clones w/ lazer beam eyes to take over the world... Im not about to go squandering my earnings on hosting when I have that In the works :P

Hey, thats my bit for today... Peace and cheese grease folks :)

There are 3 kinds of people in the world. Those that can count, and those that can't..