Tue, Oct 22, 5:21 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: Photographer Choice November Official Thread

bclaytonphoto ( ) posted Wed, 01 November 2006 at 8:15 PM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 5:21 PM

Our theme for this month is LOW LIGHT

There are many different ways to look this subject.. I'm sure we can come up with some interesting ideas..

So, post your images in this thread.. You can submit images right until the end of the month.  Feel free to submit as many as you want.. I don't see the need to have a limit for an informal challenge like this..

So there ya go...I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone comes up with..

Have FUN !!

www.bclaytonphoto.com

bclaytonphoto on Facebook

TomDart ( ) posted Thu, 02 November 2006 at 9:56 PM · edited Thu, 02 November 2006 at 10:10 PM

file_358347.jpg

John Dillinger was a gangster in the USA in the 1930's.   Agents were tipped off by a "lady in red" at the theatre and that night Dillinger was shot dead.  This link tells the story:

http://chicago.about.com/cs/history/a/john_dillinger.htm

We accidentally found this low light scene, the main road blocked by a film crew from the History Channel.  They are doing a documentary on gangsters of that era.   So, we went and got a camera and here is a shot.   I have one with the lighting for the film crew showing but it is too busy to be very interesting. 

The  theatre is local, chosen for the old look.  When the documentary airs, this theatre will be "near Chicago".  The marquise on the right side reads: Manhattan Melodrama w/ Clark Gable. That is the camera side in the filming.

TomDArt.             ISO200, f/5. 1/8sec, 48mm.

LouLouBell ( ) posted Fri, 03 November 2006 at 2:38 AM

file_358380.jpg

Thats a cool one.  Low light hey!1 Well ehere goes for a couple of low light ones i took in the city a few weeks back.  The first one was resting on some steps along the yarra River in Melbourne.  I deliberately took a long exposure to catch the light but also to blur the walkers. Enjoy

Lou

LouLouBell ( ) posted Fri, 03 November 2006 at 2:44 AM

file_358381.jpg

Hi my second one is a game of night chess.  These dudes playing (hawian shirt vs army pants dude) would stand there for minutes and minutes before making a move.  They would stand so tstill it was amazing. This was a long exposure and i liked the blurring of the passers by.  The guy in the army pants won (only just).  It was a hot night and theres a cafe to the left of this scene where people would sit and drink coffee and watch these guys for hours!! Cheers from Louise.  

Nameless_Wildness ( ) posted Fri, 03 November 2006 at 1:02 PM · edited Fri, 03 November 2006 at 1:15 PM

file_358433.jpg

Green Day

part off "Boulevard Of Broken Dreams"

I walk this empty street
On the boulevard of broken dreams
Where the city sleeps
and I'm the only one and I walk alone

TomDart ( ) posted Fri, 03 November 2006 at 7:26 PM · edited Fri, 03 November 2006 at 7:27 PM

file_358454.jpg

This is a second shot of the filming location from my first post explanation.  This is the side where the "action" will take place.  The extras and actors are inside the old theatre, warming up. The temp was about 32f, 0 c that night.

Sigma Prime 50mm, f/2.8, 1/30 sec, ISO 400.    I went with a higher ISO to try and keep moving people from being too fuzzy.              TomDart.

mermaid ( ) posted Sat, 04 November 2006 at 1:46 PM

file_358524.jpg

Beautiful ones... and so colorful although low light....

here is my first try... The loo on our local Railwaystation...grin

mermaid ( ) posted Sat, 04 November 2006 at 1:51 PM

file_358526.jpg

and the second one... taken from the balcony at my parents place... its early full moon tonight so you can see the Säntis (mountain)

mermaid ( ) posted Sat, 04 November 2006 at 4:14 PM

file_358550.jpg

and a third one... a restaurant  in the middle of our village tonight...

bclaytonphoto ( ) posted Sun, 05 November 2006 at 6:32 PM

file_358698.jpg

Since I can't work from home for a few days still..

Here's one I took at work tonight

www.bclaytonphoto.com

bclaytonphoto on Facebook

Biffowitz ( ) posted Mon, 06 November 2006 at 9:01 AM · edited Mon, 06 November 2006 at 9:06 AM

file_358742.jpg

Hey, thought I'd give this a try, as I've not spent much time in the forums. One of my summer night shots, on the city block where I live.

If life was fair, Elvis would be alive and all the impersonators would be dead.

Biffowitz ( ) posted Mon, 06 November 2006 at 10:58 AM

file_358750.jpg

Second shot is a laneway, there is something intriguing about low lit alleys, well for me anyway ROFL.

Biffowitz ( ) posted Mon, 06 November 2006 at 11:08 AM

file_358751.jpg

For a third upload I'm once again in the neighbourhood where I live, after a rainstorm.

TomDart ( ) posted Mon, 06 November 2006 at 6:05 PM

These are nice shots..low light is problamatic to start with and you have some neat shots here!

TomDart.

babuci ( ) posted Mon, 06 November 2006 at 8:24 PM

file_358794.jpg

Oh how much I like this challenge...so many night shoot with That special mood what we can only experience at low light. This is just a candy shop for my eyes...I love sparkling lights and long shadows. Here is my low light shot of  Kookabura bird sitting on a windmill tower frame. This place is his territory for hunting, I see him every night catching bugs attracted by a light what makes a windmill constraction lighten up.

seeyus all Tunde

marybelgium ( ) posted Tue, 07 November 2006 at 12:40 PM

Biffowitz ( ) posted Tue, 07 November 2006 at 1:12 PM

Quote - These are nice shots..low light is problamatic to start with and you have some neat shots here!

TomDart.

Thanks Tom, I think low light shots come natural to me, it's everything else I have problems with LOL.

Cheers ..... Newb.

francinechristophe ( ) posted Tue, 07 November 2006 at 1:31 PM

I bet I must an idiot !

I wrote a text (not difficult) and as to the pic..... well it seems I have done something wrong. It doesn't appear, same thing for my text.

Oooooooooooh ! I am unhappy ! 

francinechristophe ( ) posted Tue, 07 November 2006 at 1:52 PM · edited Tue, 07 November 2006 at 1:52 PM

In a medieval village in the south-west of France.

I like wandering in the narrow streets, some with cobblestones. I am very naughty. I dare to look over high walls towards secluded houses dating from the time of Richard the Lion.

Yes! He lived in this village and maybe also his wife Aliénor of Aquitaine. She was... well it is said that she liked... to go from one boy to another. But he, Richard, well he was often away, battling here and there... so people say.

marybelgium ( ) posted Tue, 07 November 2006 at 3:03 PM

file_358878.JPG

end of the day ... Sicily

Fred255 ( ) posted Wed, 08 November 2006 at 11:07 AM

file_358938.jpg

This is a shot looking straight into an old tunnel and Fountains Abbey

ecurb - The Devil

francinechristophe ( ) posted Wed, 08 November 2006 at 2:38 PM

file_358963.jpg

Thank you Newbee Render for your help !! Isn't RR a wonderful community.

Text for my pic can be found higher up, dated from yesterday or  the day before.

DeadElvisROK ( ) posted Fri, 10 November 2006 at 9:58 PM

file_359155.jpg

Great shots so far. I hope this qualifies.

Shucoda ( ) posted Sat, 11 November 2006 at 5:22 AM

file_359180.jpg

Ok, here is a shot I took tonight, its the first time I've ever taken night shots with my camera. I like how the cars headlights seem to just disappear in no where :) Any comments or advice would be appreciated.  :)

babuci ( ) posted Sat, 11 November 2006 at 3:58 PM

file_359239.jpg

Here is my second entry shot of the low light ( night life shot ). I am still learning this kind of shots, I make many mistake but sometimes I am lucky. 

To Shane " this shot was made on : Shutter speed: 1 sec, ( shutter prior ), Apeture: F/4.5, ISO: 100, Focal lght: 31 mm

Hope this data helps a bit, but myself still in a learning stage with this. Try to go closer to the subject ( moving cars). Try freeway overpass,looking down on passing cars and tracks, intersections ( never mind if drivers looking at you what you doing )

seeya  Tunde

Shucoda ( ) posted Sat, 11 November 2006 at 4:17 PM

Thanx babuci for your info :) You gave me some good ideas & I'll take them into account next time. I think that I'll get great enjoyment out of learning photography though I feel we could all learn something new in this feel, amateur or professional, I think thats great :)
Thanx again Tunde :)
Shane

TomDart ( ) posted Sat, 11 November 2006 at 4:26 PM

Shane, you shot from the balcony works for me!  Tunde, stay out of the lane...we don;t  want you to be one of the smears of light!  Neat shot.         Tom

hageota ( ) posted Sat, 11 November 2006 at 7:00 PM

Here's a couple from a concert where they allowed cameras but no flash. Took a while to get the camera set correctly to get enough exposure without a lot of blurring. First up, Simone Simon from Epica.

Valerie-Ducom ( ) posted Mon, 13 November 2006 at 3:56 AM

file_359393.jpg

Valerie-Ducom ( ) posted Mon, 13 November 2006 at 3:57 AM

file_359394.jpg

Valerie-Ducom ( ) posted Mon, 13 November 2006 at 3:57 AM

file_359395.jpg

Valerie-Ducom ( ) posted Mon, 13 November 2006 at 3:58 AM

file_359396.jpg

Valerie-Ducom ( ) posted Mon, 13 November 2006 at 3:59 AM

file_359397.jpg

Valerie-Ducom ( ) posted Mon, 13 November 2006 at 3:59 AM

file_359398.jpg

Valerie-Ducom ( ) posted Mon, 13 November 2006 at 4:00 AM

file_359399.jpg

Valerie-Ducom ( ) posted Mon, 13 November 2006 at 4:01 AM

file_359400.jpg

Valerie-Ducom ( ) posted Mon, 13 November 2006 at 4:02 AM

file_359401.jpg

Shucoda ( ) posted Mon, 13 November 2006 at 6:18 AM

VALOCHUFY: Beautiful photos & a wonderful saying aswell, you are an inspiration with your photos  ;)

Valerie-Ducom ( ) posted Mon, 13 November 2006 at 6:28 AM

thanks

nikolais ( ) posted Mon, 13 November 2006 at 7:35 AM

file_359406.JPG

Again not sure if I am uploading correctly, since there have been a few mishaps. Sorry in advance.

Hope this one will match the subject of low light perfectly. Again, taken by my daughter, Lena.

TwoPynts ( ) posted Wed, 15 November 2006 at 9:25 AM

file_359579.jpg

Valou, unless I missed an update somewhere, we are still limited to 2 entries per person. Wonderful photos though, yours and everyone who has entered!

Kort Kramer - Kramer Kreations

Valerie-Ducom ( ) posted Wed, 15 November 2006 at 9:54 AM

kort,

Bruce say in the first : So, post your images in this thread.. You can submit images right until the end of the month.  Feel free to submit as many as you want.. I don't see the need to have a limit for an informal challenge like this..

and now, it's only 2?

TwoPynts ( ) posted Wed, 15 November 2006 at 10:02 AM

Okay, no then...I missed or forgot that. Usually the challenges have been limited to two. Disregard my statement, sorry.

Firesnuffer ( ) posted Wed, 15 November 2006 at 10:49 AM

file_359586.jpg

These are all such fabulous images! I've debated with myself whether to even post one but what the heck, LOL, you all know I'm 'photographically challenged' anyway. :blink:

Manning

TwoPynts ( ) posted Wed, 15 November 2006 at 11:35 AM

file_359591.jpg

Well done Manning! I think this is a wonderful night shot. The warm golden light is very inviting and you did well exposing both the fore and backgrounds. For some reason I want to see it in blue tones, heheh. Here is another one from me, one of my old radio photos.

mark.spooner ( ) posted Wed, 15 November 2006 at 12:58 PM

file_359598.JPG

Hello,

This is my first submission and I hope it goes down well.

rainbows ( ) posted Wed, 15 November 2006 at 6:28 PM

Hi everyone. I have no idea how to do this. I say sorry if I fail.. I want very much to try to include my image for this challenge. I will do my best. Any help would be appreciated from RR members.. if I do it wrong. Hugs. Diane. I will go for it ;-) ----------------- Horses lend us the wings we lack. Pam Brown.

babuci ( ) posted Wed, 15 November 2006 at 6:30 PM

file_359629.jpg

Ok so if allow to share more than 2 then here is an other one from me! This is a dash of my Ford Explorer about 11 at night.

Valou! I love the bridge should be in a gallery. just look so cool!

Kort! Those duckies in a pink lake...wow!  At first look of a radio dial I thought is an elevator level indicator LOL.

seeyus Tunde

rainbows ( ) posted Wed, 15 November 2006 at 6:31 PM

Can anyone tell me what size file has to be to upload here, please. My file was too big. Thank you Diane. When I know I will try again. Na night.

babuci ( ) posted Wed, 15 November 2006 at 6:32 PM

file_359630.jpg

oooh an otherone......citronella burner on a table.

seeyus Tunde

babuci ( ) posted Wed, 15 November 2006 at 6:33 PM

Diane! Far as I know under 200kb ok!...hope this help abit!

seeya Tunde

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.