Forum: Photoshop

Subject: Making full body 3d women.

Alextron115 opened this issue on Nov 12, 2006 ยท 5 posts

Alextron115 posted Sun, 12 November 2006 at 6:04 PM

I am interested on finding out how to draw or make 3d women in photoshop, i need a detailed guide. i also need a good guide on hair, i looked in the tutorial section and cant find anything i understand, any help will be greatly appreciated.

thundering1 posted Sun, 12 November 2006 at 8:29 PM

Do you mean using 3D programs and doing postwork, or drawing from scratch in PS?

If it's from scratch, life-study and drawing courses would be your best start. Doesn't matter if it's on paper or pixels - knowing how to draw is your best base of understanding how to achieve what you want in your artwork.

Experiment with drawing from pictures of women - just draw what you see to figure out proportions and texture and lighting - there is no right or wrong, just your version of a finished image.
Does that make sense? I hope that helps-
-Lew ;-)

Alextron115 posted Sun, 12 November 2006 at 8:46 PM

it does help, i am very good at figure drawing

comcast posted Tue, 14 November 2006 at 8:32 PM

first you drawing by hand ,after put in photoshop for make color
or first use 3D,after put in photoshop

if you like~

More New PhotoSoftware in My blog:
http://photo-software.llzhe.com

pauljs75 posted Thu, 16 November 2006 at 12:51 AM

If you plan on making actual original 3D models (completely different apps than photoshop), it'd still be worth it to learn from drawing studies. That way you'll have a basis of proportion and use of volume to go from. (The concepts still apply regardless of method.)

Since you claim to be good at figure drawing, then using a tablet might help if you don't have one already. Wacom appears to be the best in the market. (They pretty much own it really.) Then you just draw as usual, using color and lightness/darkness to produce a 3D appearance as you would with traditional media. (There is no one right way, as it's a matter of practice, understanding of lighting, and stylistic approach that can achieve the 3D look via drawing/painting.)

Now if you want to make an actual virtual 3D object, that's a different issue. In this regard Photoshop is only good for texturing, making reference teplates (plan drawings), or postwork (touching up/editing a render) as it's a 2D raster program and not an actual 3D modeler/renderer. For better info and guidance in this area, you should ask at the 3D modeling forum. You'll find plenty of help there if that's what you're looking for. From there you'll get direction on starting out and what apps to get in regards to a workflow and budget that suits you. (Personally, I'd suggest Wings3D to a complete 3D modeling newb. It's free, has what's probably the easiest interface/workflow, and keeps you focused on the basics of subdiv-style modeling which are applicable to many far costlier applications.)

Barbequed Pixels?

Your friendly neighborhood Wings3D nut.
Also feel free to browse my freebies at ShareCG.
There might be something worth downloading.