Forum: Photoshop

Subject: How do you change the size of something but morphing the connecting area?

inshaala opened this issue on Nov 12, 2006 · 9 posts

inshaala posted Sun, 12 November 2006 at 6:16 PM

Ok, so i am exploring the whole "airbrushing" thing and saw a technique on the Dove campaign for beauty ad that most people have probably seen by now where the eyes were enlarged using what looked like a simple procedure - selecting a circle round the eyes and then transforming them so they got larger, the only thing is that when that happens the cut out interferes with the rest of the image - ie you get a very distinct line marking your selection, expecially if you arent enlarging but shirinking - because then you just get white space or the layer below

Is there any way to shrink (or enlarge) any part of an image and "pulling" the adjacent pixels around as if they were stuck to the selected part of the image in a sort of morph?  Or will i have to paint/heal in the difference?

I have tried to find a tutorial on this but dont know what it is i am looking for exactly (terminology-wise).  I hope you understand what it is i am asking 😄

"In every colour, there's the light.
In every stone sleeps a crystal.
Remember the Shaman, when he used to say:
Man is the dream of the Dolphin"

Rich Meadows Photography