Forum: Vue

Subject: How long for Vue 6 payment validation?

servo opened this issue on Nov 18, 2006 · 12 posts

servo posted Sat, 18 November 2006 at 8:17 AM

I ordered my upgrade to Vue 6 about 24hrs ago and my order status is still listed as "validating payment" --- and therefore the software is not yet available for download.  I know the problem isn't with my card at my end.

So... How long has this process been taking other people lately? 
I knew the crowd was big at first, but i had waited a bit in hopes the rush would have quieted down a bit by now.

Can some people tell me their average recent wait times?

Thanks.

nruddock posted Sat, 18 November 2006 at 8:24 AM

Quote -
I ordered my upgrade to Vue 6 about 24hrs ago and my order status is still listed as "validating payment" --- and therefore the software is not yet available for download.  I know the problem isn't with my card at my end.

So... How long has this process been taking other people lately? 
I knew the crowd was big at first, but i had waited a bit in hopes the rush would have quieted down a bit by now.

Can some people tell me their average recent wait times?

Thanks.

Based on my own experience (and the replies to a similar question), they don't work weekends, but you should be sorted out sometime on Monday.
I suspect they process the orders in the order they've come in, so when will depend on where your's is in the queue of pending ones.

iloco posted Sat, 18 November 2006 at 8:41 AM

Mine took 5 hours but it was in the middle of a work week. :)

ïÏøçö

sittingblue posted Sat, 18 November 2006 at 3:50 PM

My order validated in minutes or seconds really. Go figure.

Charles

LMcLean posted Sat, 18 November 2006 at 10:47 PM

servo, My Vue 6 validation took 48 hours, but I ordered it on the weekend. Be patient it will happen.

servo posted Sun, 19 November 2006 at 4:47 AM

Thanks everyone, for the info.

Guess I'll just have to wait it out... grumble.

Word of advice to anyone hoping to get Vue quickly and play with it on a weekend... Don't bother ordering it on a Friday.  sigh

Dale B posted Sun, 19 November 2006 at 5:17 AM

You ordered the version for those with V4Pro and V5I, didn't you? That catch is that they have to look the V4Pro serial number up manually, as it isn't in the web module that has the V5 serial numbers registered to your name.

CraigMunden posted Sun, 19 November 2006 at 5:55 AM

Servo, I feel your pain!

It took me three days to pursuade my partner that this was an essential purchase  :-)

Finally ordered the upgrade ... on Friday afternoon  ...

Also had to pay through paypal (spit!), since my debit card is useless & credit card is maxed ...
so who knows how much longer the whole thing is going to take   :-(

I know I can wait, but Monday is going to stretch like hell!

iloco posted Sun, 19 November 2006 at 7:49 AM

DaleB I thought i Vue 4.5 serial was in My Account page we can access once we have registered all our versions of Vue. :)
 My 4.5 Serial was there and is today along with all my other version I have purchased.  Looks like tis in the data base sor mine.   Since e-on is using php script and a data base I would think if we had registered a previous version it would  have to be there to access the registered areas of our e-on pages. :)

Maybe I understand you wrong with what you explained. :)

ïÏøçö

servo posted Mon, 20 November 2006 at 8:14 AM

Still waiting to hear from e-on (now on Monday morning)...

Well, I dunno if this helps anyone puzzle it out, but I am "sidegrading" from my current Vue 5i to Vue6xtsream  (to integrate with my 3DSudio Max 8).   I think that the suggestion that they have to manually look up my serial (for Vue 5i) may be right -- though I really don't understand why, since the number was entered and accepted when I placed the order ... it matches my previous purchase record on file with them already.   The holdup appears just to be, as it says, "validating payment".    My credit is good... bought other stuff online elsewhere recently with no problem.   Sigh.

servo posted Mon, 20 November 2006 at 1:07 PM

Okay, update:   It's monday afternoon, and they did in fact finally come through and validate my payment... I've got Vue 6 downloaded and am happily experimenting with it.

CraigMunden posted Mon, 20 November 2006 at 1:16 PM

Same here - I really can't complain at the service.

Thanks e-on!