Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Victoria 4 in Poser 7 - First picture is here

mrsparky opened this issue on Dec 01, 2006 · 64 posts

mrsparky posted Fri, 01 December 2006 at 10:18 AM

GOTCHA !

Sorry folks couldn't resist this one :)

Pinky - you left the lens cap of your mind on again.

infinity10 posted Fri, 01 December 2006 at 10:30 AM

Oh, outline render, is it ... ?
Grrrrr !!

Eternal Hobbyist

-Timberwolf- posted Fri, 01 December 2006 at 10:32 AM

How disapointing ,again no genitals for V4.    ;)

-Timberwolf- posted Fri, 01 December 2006 at 10:34 AM

...yet a big Improvement over V3.

rickymaveety posted Fri, 01 December 2006 at 10:37 AM

What, no "ginormous tits" setting??

The male element will be so very disappointed.

Could be worse, could be raining.

-Timberwolf- posted Fri, 01 December 2006 at 10:43 AM

I read in a DAZ interview ,they scaned a famous model for V4 bodyshape.They refused telling who this model was ,but thanks to mrsparky we can guess now who. Any suggestions?

Lucifer_The_Dark posted Fri, 01 December 2006 at 10:57 AM

I hope it's Elle & not Jordan.

Windows 7 64Bit
Poser Pro 2010 SR1

ziggie posted Fri, 01 December 2006 at 11:17 AM

Is the hair dynamic of conforming..?

mmm... who is it.... could be Heather Mills... looks like one of the legs come off

"You don't have to be mad to use Poser... but it helps"

Jules53757 posted Fri, 01 December 2006 at 11:20 AM

Oh, Paris Hilton :thumbupboth:

Ulli

"Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!"

ziggie posted Fri, 01 December 2006 at 11:23 AM

Looks tooo intelligent for Paris Hilton

Jcleaver posted Fri, 01 December 2006 at 11:38 AM

Margaret Thatcher?

:ducks:  :runs away:

shaft73 posted Fri, 01 December 2006 at 11:46 AM

Nicole ritchie

stewer posted Fri, 01 December 2006 at 11:54 AM

No sword, no temple? :(

ziggie posted Fri, 01 December 2006 at 12:00 PM

Got it...! Mrs Alan Alda..!

shaft73 posted Fri, 01 December 2006 at 12:28 PM

The joints look better though...

Indoda posted Fri, 01 December 2006 at 12:32 PM

My first thought was Twiggy - wouldn't it be great if she was a woman and not a model? Thanks for the laff Mr.Sparky ((Mr.)(humph))

The important thing is not to stop questioning.
- Albert Einstein

Indoda

lkendall posted Fri, 01 December 2006 at 12:50 PM

12/1/06

This is at least (at the very least) more revealing than the picture available only to Platinum Club members. Apparently DAZ only intends to sell the figure to Club members, which may restrict their sales opportunities a triffle.

"Margaret Thatcher?"

Ummm, I would have guessed Boy George, but there is some resemblance to Janet Reno.

LMK

Probably edited for spelling, grammer, punctuation, or typos.

randym77 posted Fri, 01 December 2006 at 1:49 PM

Still no posable toes?  👎

mrsparky posted Fri, 01 December 2006 at 2:19 PM

"Apparently DAZ only intends to sell the figure to Club members, which may restrict their sales opportunities a triffle"

Seriously ?  
Some folks may not want join a club, or can't afford to,  so how will they get a copy ? 
Their mate or P2P. That loses sales and enourage priracy. 

A vendor should make any their models affordable and avaliable to all without any restrictions. 
Getting greedy and forcing customers to buy things they don't want isn't good for any business.

coldrake posted Fri, 01 December 2006 at 2:29 PM

mrsparky, lkendall was being sarcastic. V4 will be available to everyone. Coldrake

lkendall posted Fri, 01 December 2006 at 3:56 PM

12/1/06

MrSparky:

"Seriously ?"

No.

My most sincere apologies to you; Coldrake is correct. I was being sarcastic. Also V4 will not look like Boy George or Janet Reno (at least I don't think that is likely).

While I understand releasing a picture of V4 FIRST to their Platinum Club members, they should VERY quickly put the same information up for every one else to see also. Pictures posted on a website are copyright protected, and it is not legal to post them elsewhere without permission. Hence, those of us without DAZ’s PC membership cannot see the picture.

DAZ had poor judgement of sending me an EMail Newsletter that announced V4, but had a link to a render of her that opened a webpage with a rude statement that only Platinum Club members could have access to that picture. I am annoyed with them.

I was guessing that the stick figure from you in the first message of this thread is (in part) making fun of this error in DAZ’s marketing strategy. I am sure that DAZ will be glad to sell you V4 (at a very high price) when it is released.

V3 had male morphs included in her morph injections. Is there any speculation that V4 will have male morphs also?

LMK

Probably edited for spelling, grammer, punctuation, or typos.

mrsparky posted Fri, 01 December 2006 at 4:33 PM

No need to apologise there LMK. Easy mistake to make  - specially since noticing the newsletter won't let you view the piccys.  I figured she won't look like Mr O'Dowd :)

"making fun of this error in DAZ’s marketing strategy"
Nope. Just mucking around while bored at work. Didn't see the n/letter until tonight. 

I plan to wait a while before buying anyway. 
First releases of some stuff often have more bugs than a Bognor Slapper. 
I'm gonna wait until they fix them. 

shaft73 posted Fri, 01 December 2006 at 4:34 PM

I hope it won't look like boy george. Have you seen him lately?

nakamuram posted Fri, 01 December 2006 at 8:38 PM

Is this the Hi-Res or Lo-Res V4?  I would guess that the model is Nicole Ritchey -- with some dials turned.

jartz posted Fri, 01 December 2006 at 11:59 PM

Quote - While I understand releasing a picture of V4 FIRST to their Platinum Club members, they should VERY quickly put the same information up for every one else to see also. Pictures posted on a website are copyright protected, and it is not legal to post them elsewhere without permission. Hence, those of us without DAZ’s PC membership cannot see the picture.

DAZ had poor judgement of sending me an EMail Newsletter that announced V4, but had a link to a render of her that opened a webpage with a rude statement that only Platinum Club members could have access to that picture. I am annoyed with them.

I agree with you also!  For I, too, was anticipating on seeing what this V4 would look like, but since they want to just make it available for PC members, and yet not looking at the whole audience who have purchased/or have gotten for free V3.  I received an email stating that V4 is coming soon and I can see a sneak peak, but was redirected with "Sorry, Platinum Members only".  When Poser 7 was being unveiled, e-frontiers didn't have all the "VIP" frills where you have to join a club all for a software.

So, I wasn't the only one miffed by the exclusion of regular Customers, not just members.  Although I like the PC membership and you get great offers and what have you, but to lure you just for the good stuff and the stuff you don't need can be a drag -- marketing ploy, perhaps (?)

*Quote -

V3 had male morphs included in her morph injections. Is there any speculation that V4 will have male morphs also?

One can certainly hope so, since it's Top Secret, lol...

Only we shall see when it's unveiled.

Until then,

JB

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Asus N50-600 - Intel Core i5-8400 CPU @ 2.80GHz · Windows 10 Home/11 upgrade 64-bit · 16GB DDR4 RAM · 1TB SSD and 1TB HDD; Graphics: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1060 - 6GB GDDR5 VRAM; Software: Poser Pro 11x

Inspired_Art posted Sat, 02 December 2006 at 12:30 AM

No, haven't seen Boy George lately, anybody got a pic?

Eddy

Tashar59 posted Sat, 02 December 2006 at 12:34 AM

As far as I know, you can see an image of her at ArtZone. The Chat with Daz had some head shot, I think. It was posted here on some thread. Your not missing anything, all it is are a couple of more head shots, a week after the first image. The way it is going it will be a few weeks before they show a full body shot.

BastBlack posted Sat, 02 December 2006 at 12:51 AM

I saw Boy George sweeping trash in the street recently. :P bB

Casette posted Sat, 02 December 2006 at 2:09 AM

Dynamic tits?

:lol:

CASETTE
=======
"Poser isn't a SOFTWARE... it's a RELIGION!"

panko posted Sat, 02 December 2006 at 2:37 AM

Dynamic tits!... That's what I'd call a real improvement!

"That's another fine mess you got me in to!" -- Oliver Hardy

jonnybode posted Sat, 02 December 2006 at 2:47 AM Online Now!

I saw the pics in PC and they are just of the head, guess it looks nice.

The poor model havent been released yet and Im already bored with it, mostly because of the marketing strategy.

Regards / Jonny

Conniekat8 posted Sat, 02 December 2006 at 2:49 AM

Quote - Dynamic tits?

Does that mean they get linked to guy's eyeballs? The bigger the tits, the bigger the eyeball bulge?   :lol:

Hi, my namez: "NO, Bad Kitteh, NO!"  Whaz yurs?
BadKittehCo Store  BadKittehCo Freebies and product support

ziggie posted Sat, 02 December 2006 at 3:18 AM

Quote - > Quote - Dynamic tits?

Does that mean they get linked to guy's eyeballs? The bigger the tits, the bigger the eyeball bulge?   :lol:

That is sexist... some girls.. err... like girls with big bazoomas as well...

Guys talking about girls with big tits isn't sexist.. it's... uhm... natural and healthy.

infinity10 posted Sat, 02 December 2006 at 4:19 AM

Don't get me started on the guy's dynamic bits.... 

Eternal Hobbyist

panko posted Sat, 02 December 2006 at 4:29 AM

Talking of bits.... There is this (still unconfirmed) rumor according to which the new M4 will come out without any... err... g_bits, as it has been judged to be sexist and certainly not politically correct.

Klutz posted Sat, 02 December 2006 at 5:07 AM

Quote - I saw the pics in PC and they are just of the head, guess it looks nice.

The poor model havent been released yet and Im already bored with it, mostly because of the marketing strategy.

Regards / Jonny

They seem to be following the efrontier marketing approach.

'Hey guys!...Let's be really enigmatic about this and not show folks what we want 'em to buy!'

:0/

Klutz :0)

********************************************************************************************************************

Life is a beta.

In faecorum semper, solum profundum variat.

adh3d posted Sat, 02 December 2006 at 5:58 AM

you have not put the word "nudity" in your post title.....

adh3d website

nruddock posted Sat, 02 December 2006 at 6:04 AM

Quote - you have not put the word "nudity" in your post title.....

No need, there isn't any :tongue2:

adh3d posted Sat, 02 December 2006 at 6:10 AM

"you have not put the word "nudity" in your post title....."

It was a joke....... in the way this post is.

adh3d website

panko posted Sat, 02 December 2006 at 6:19 AM

Oh no sir.... you don't joke with such serious things like nudity!.... And now that you mention it... I realize that the breasts in Al's picture are totally uncovered and so is the pubic area!!!!.... The TOS has been violated!!!........ Children are watching.... Parents are embarassed... People with heart conditions are in danger... The nation is in danger... The whole World is in danger!.... The Daleks might attack!... We are sinking... we are sinking................
Oh Al! What have you done! What have you done!!!!..............
Aaaaaaaaarghhhhhh.........

infinity10 posted Sat, 02 December 2006 at 7:00 AM

oh my... panko's got a point

Eternal Hobbyist

Lucifer_The_Dark posted Sat, 02 December 2006 at 8:22 AM

V4 will probably be exclusively available to PC members for a while before the rest of us get our grubby mitts on her though.

Windows 7 64Bit
Poser Pro 2010 SR1

mrsparky posted Sat, 02 December 2006 at 8:28 AM

Remain calm people. Do not panic. 

The image above may have tits like fried eggs, but is not based on Aiko, the Pre-teens, appear in fairy or manga pictures or other TOS threatening sitautions. 

In the event of any emergency  a stewardness will shout "cat picture, cat picture, cat picture". At which time you may blindly stumble towards the exit with pitchfork and sword. 

If you feel the need for religious salvation, a temple can be provided for a small additional charge.  

panko posted Sat, 02 December 2006 at 8:40 AM

Yes, but I don't think this would prevent the Daleks from attacking.....

mrsparky posted Sat, 02 December 2006 at 9:21 AM

...or cybermen.

-Timberwolf- posted Sat, 02 December 2006 at 9:26 AM

Does that mean they get linked to guy's eyeballs? The bigger the tits, the bigger the eyeball bulge?   :lol: Does that mean , Dynamic Tits follow my eyes? Oh my ....!

RedHawk posted Sat, 02 December 2006 at 9:36 AM

Quote - Oh no sir.... you don't joke with such serious things like nudity!.... And now that you mention it... I realize that the breasts in Al's picture are totally uncovered and so is the pubic area!!!!.... The TOS has been violated!!!........ Children are watching.... Parents are embarassed... People with heart conditions are in danger... The nation is in danger... The whole World is in danger!.... The Daleks might attack!... We are sinking... we are sinking................
Oh Al! What have you done! What have you done!!!!..............
Aaaaaaaaarghhhhhh.........

She looks rather young, too..... After close inspection of the aspect ratio between her head and body sizes, I have determined V4's age to be precisely 14.32 years........a blatant violation of countless laws, not to mention R'osity's TOS.....:sneaky:

<-insert words of wisdom here->

adh3d posted Sat, 02 December 2006 at 9:46 AM

I have saved the world. this is the right picture.

WARNNING: Not pure Poser render, potochop used.

adh3d website

-Timberwolf- posted Sat, 02 December 2006 at 9:50 AM

No,no RedHawk,Mrsparky hit that art button.Can't you see that subtile social critisism ,reflecting the lonliness of the Individual in this cold computerised world?This youth you mentiond shall express the feeling of being helpless.

mrsparky posted Sat, 02 December 2006 at 9:52 AM

"close inspection of the aspect ratio"

Opps. I used the wrong camera focal. - I should have used the "chewing toffee up left nostril" face cam.  :)

nice save there Andy. Though you can still see the ankles - pay-a-pal will roast your liver for that one. :)

panko posted Sat, 02 December 2006 at 10:00 AM

Now, if these words: "large" "huge" and "make" could be removed (or hidden) from the buttons I'd feel much better........

adh3d posted Sat, 02 December 2006 at 10:04 AM

the age calculations are wrong, you must use, in this case, the test of carbon 14, that you can find int the age tab in Poser 7 or you can do it through the C14 python script by MADchemistry

adh3d website

-Timberwolf- posted Sat, 02 December 2006 at 10:18 AM

Is that empty smile not the same smile weare all wearing?Only the messy Hair is a hint what's behind that mask .It calls to us look behind that mask and see ...and see...Dynamic Tits.

mathman posted Sat, 02 December 2006 at 7:31 PM

Lets all hope that V4 can keep abreast of the situation !

estherau posted Sat, 02 December 2006 at 8:07 PM

No one has commented on her shoulders. I think they might have fixed the spaghetti arms bending problem. Finally. I would like to see a render of her arms up over her head though with the breasts set on large. Love esther

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

pakled posted Sat, 02 December 2006 at 8:21 PM

hmm... wouldn't 'point nipples at main camera' would work?...;)  I was gonna guess Kate Moss, but that' jokes as old as Poser 4..;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

Tiny posted Sat, 02 December 2006 at 8:28 PM

And will she be able to wear high heels with those feet?  :unsure:

dphoadley posted Sat, 02 December 2006 at 11:29 PM

Attached Link: Larger than life ?

One might wonder if DAZ ever got around to taking a basic course in human anatomy and morphology.  Check out the Stahlratte's post above to see what I mean. DPH

STOP PALESTINIAN CHILD ABUSE!!!! ISLAMIC HATRED OF JEWS

pjz99 posted Sat, 02 December 2006 at 11:41 PM

You guys joke about it, but don't be surprised when "dynamic fleshy bits" are a standard feature for a lot of Poser-like apps and of course games.  :P  Not just for boobies, like when you're animating The Hulk jumping off a ten story building and his gut doesn't jiggle at least a little bit when he lands, that's a place for improvement.

My Freebies

Lucifer_The_Dark posted Sun, 03 December 2006 at 9:18 AM

Isn't that what weight mapping is for? or am I getting the wrong end of the stick?

Windows 7 64Bit
Poser Pro 2010 SR1

pjz99 posted Sun, 03 December 2006 at 11:14 AM

I don't think Poser is bright enough to figure jiggle caused by transfer of motion, but I'm a noob so what do I know.

My Freebies

nruddock posted Sun, 03 December 2006 at 11:44 AM

Attached Link: http://www.vanishingpoint.biz/freestuff.asp?StartNo=289

> Quote - I don't think Poser is bright enough to figure jiggle caused by transfer of motion, but I'm a noob so what do I know.

With the right set of morphs, it's already possible.

However, doing real soft body simulation is an order of magnitude more complex / time consuming than cloth simulation, plus to do it properly you need a volume mesh, not just a surface mesh.
It will be possible, but it will be some time before it arrives on your desk top.

Casette posted Sun, 03 December 2006 at 1:56 PM

Potochop is a trade mark?

:lol:

CASETTE
=======
"Poser isn't a SOFTWARE... it's a RELIGION!"

adh3d posted Sun, 03 December 2006 at 2:29 PM

Yes it is, you can view the fantastic things you can made with Potochop in my wonderfull picture, and it only takes me 5 hours thanks to potochop of course.

adh3d website