Thu, Sep 19, 9:14 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 3:46 am)

Subject: V4 - Early review

stormchaser ( ) posted Sun, 10 December 2006 at 3:32 PM

Yes indeed, should have realised. Guess I need some sleep!!

kobaltkween ( ) posted Sun, 10 December 2006 at 3:37 PM · edited Sun, 10 December 2006 at 3:39 PM

no, it makes sense to make that mistake.  she's in the promo animation under "figures," that spotlights v4.  i think it's actually a bit misleading to people who are new to daz or don't frequent their galleries.  they spotlight several v3 pics as a lead in for v4.   i can see what they're trying to do: the best: v3 pics, just got better: v4 pics.  makes sense if you're already familiar with the v3 content as v3.

ThrommArcadia ( ) posted Sun, 10 December 2006 at 8:34 PM

Yeah, the pics threw me at first!  Admittedly, they area ll great pics, but some of them I knew right off were V3.  The one Stormchaser posted, though, I thought was V4 (which speaks well of the artist, I guess).  I went to the gallery and found they were V3s.  Which, makes me stand by my my initial statement, V4 does not replace V3, its just a new character.

As the days pass and I play with her more, I have to admit, I am really liking V4.  The nuances are going to taek some getting used to and it will be nice to see some more support for her, but still, she is pretty amazing.

AntoniaTiger, thanks for the quick tutorial!  That is a great work around for the eyes.

arcady ( ) posted Sun, 10 December 2006 at 8:46 PM

Quote - I bought V4 mainly because she's much cheaper now than she would ever be -- true. A future investment, I'd say.

Likewise. I picked up the pro version of V4 late yesterday precisely because I didn't want to have to spend 3x as much to get it all later on - and expect that at some point in the next year or so I will start wanting to make a lot of use of the figure. Sooner if Sydney doesn't work out, but the promos for Sydney so far are all looking pretty good.

Truth has no value without backing by unfounded belief.
Renderosity Gallery

tvining ( ) posted Sun, 10 December 2006 at 9:12 PM

Stormchaser: according to the DAZ site, that's actually V3--maybe reports of V3's demise have been greatly exaggerated? ; ) --T

kobaltkween ( ) posted Sun, 10 December 2006 at 9:51 PM

he!  she's cheaper than you thought she'd be?  she's missing the following morphs that were in the head and body morphs included in the $34 i paid for v3 and her morphs:

• muscle (as in individual muscles)
  • fantasy
  • ethinic
  • speaking, phoneme
  • male (possibly i'm mistaken, but isn't vittorio the only male morph so far?)

these are (or will be) separate add-on packs.  assuming the bundle and not the separate items, i'm still predicting on v4 costing me a lot more than the $34 i paid to get similar functionality.  i'll probably end up with more stuff, most of which i don't want, because it's actually cheaper to get the "complete" bundle than just the base, morphs and basic clothes. but i don't doubt it will be more money.  i'm sure they'll be improvements over what we had, but that's what v4 is supposed to be, right? 

it's a cool deal, don't get me wrong, but this is not exorbinant compared to v3.   i'm happy to have it, but not bowled over.  i'm just hoping their ethnic morphs are on par with the fantasy morphs they've previewed. 

tvining - already been pointed out.

pdxjims ( ) posted Sat, 16 December 2006 at 1:26 PM

Vittorio is more a new figure than a morph set for V4, although you can use his "To V4" morph in the negative on V4 to get a good male figure, then apply the other morphs included to get a VERY good male morph set for V4 (IMHO - grin). The other Vittorio morphs also work very well on V4. Use them for a pretty fair amazon. But, if you wait a week, I'll have a V4 Amazon morph package coming out too. That's for more of a "She-Freak" type of female, along the lines of She-Freak 2 for V3. It'll be pretty cheap, and probably at PoserPro's.

Vittorio also comes with "Arm stretch" and "neck stretch" that weren't included with V4. They'll work on V4 too.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.