Forum: MarketPlace Customers

Subject: Downloads do not install correctly.

Phantera opened this issue on Dec 08, 2006 · 6 posts

Phantera posted Fri, 08 December 2006 at 8:58 PM

I have probably downloaded 20 or more items from rendersosity and cannot get more than 2 to install right.  Ive tried many different ways to install and still no luck.  I dont have this problem with daz and am wondering what the secret here is?

Its frustrating to waste money for something that wont work.

Thanks

ClintH posted Fri, 08 December 2006 at 9:05 PM

Hi Phantera, I'm sorry your experiencing problems.

This installation How-To should help.
http://www.renderosity.com/news.php?viewStory=13273

If you continue to have problems please let me know.

Clint Hawkins
MarketPlace Manager/Copyright Agent

All my life I've been over the top ... I don't know what I'm doing ... All I know is I don't wana stop!
(Zakk Wylde (2007))

Phantera posted Fri, 08 December 2006 at 9:58 PM

Ok, im not having any luck with poser 6.  However, i unzipped into my poser 5 which i never use and it worked.  Ummm, wondering if i should reinstall poser 6 then reunzip all of my files.  Not something i wanna do but would be better than wasting my downloads.

ClintH posted Sat, 09 December 2006 at 8:42 AM

I dont think that will solve the problem but it might not hurt. If it installed in Poser 5 fine then it should also install into Poser 6 fine as long as you extracted it to the right folder and your Poser 6 install is OK.

Clint Hawkins

All my life I've been over the top ... I don't know what I'm doing ... All I know is I don't wana stop!
(Zakk Wylde (2007))

Phantera posted Sat, 09 December 2006 at 1:12 PM

Well what i finally did was take all of my archive zip folders out of Poser 6 and put them into a separate folder outside of Poser because thats where they were installing from and to.  It seems to be working fine now.  Thanks :)

ClintH posted Sat, 09 December 2006 at 4:06 PM

Great news! Thanks for the follow-up and for shopping at Renderosity!

Clint Hawkins

(Zakk Wylde (2007))