Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Anyone else like to See the Top 20 back?

StealthWorks opened this issue on Dec 13, 2006 · 54 posts

StealthWorks posted Wed, 13 December 2006 at 9:23 AM

I know I am probably going to get a lot of flak for this post but just wondered if anyone else missed the Top 20 charts at Renderosity. I'm getting more and more frustrated having to sift through the tons of naked V3's and V4's that are flooding the Galleries.  I know V4 and P7 are just out but maybe the place to post them is here in the forums rather than at the galleries so people can look at test renders if they want and ignore them if they don't. 
There are some top quality images in the gallery but you have to look long and hard to find them and often they are missed because of the sheer number of other  images
The good thing about the Top 20 was that, although there was a certain amount of friends voting for friends going on, the majority of the work in the Top 20 art was of the higher standard. So I tended to just keep an eye on this rather than the main gallery. I'm interested in the finished polished article not the first pass that  someones just rendered and stuck into the gallery.

The problem with the current Art charts is that it is not broken down by application as the Top 20 was - this was nice if you wanted to see the best of the best using Carrara say or Vue.

I know art is subjective but in all the time that the Top20 was going there seemed to be a certain standard of images there - things that stood out from the normal plastic looking naked images that is flooding the gallery now. People on the whole voted images there because they were extraordinary.

Just wondered if anyone else felt this way or am I alone in this!