Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Problem with Background pic

urig opened this issue on Dec 13, 2006 · 8 posts

urig posted Wed, 13 December 2006 at 11:41 AM

Hi. Since ive changed my system from win to mac (G5 Quad; Quadro FX 4500 graphic; OSX 10.4.8.) today ive set up the first time a background pic. But it doesnt show up in Hardware OpenGl mode. Just a grid of it... (see pic). In SrDee-mode everythings fine. This strange behaviour exists in Poser 6 & 7... Ive searched the eF-Q&A-base but cant find anything about. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance, urig

Teyon posted Wed, 13 December 2006 at 12:09 PM

Have you tried the image on a plane or checked to see if other objects are having the same problem in Open GL? It may well be a driver issue.

urig posted Wed, 13 December 2006 at 12:23 PM

Youre fast, Teyon. Thanks. Tried it on a plane and it works perfect... So, Ive looked for new drivers... but didnt found one for Mac... How can I update a nvidia-driver for mac?

Teyon posted Wed, 13 December 2006 at 12:29 PM

Attached Link: http://www.nvidia.com

Glad that worked for you. 

Excellent question....I'm not sure (I'm on a PC). I would imagine that NVidia's website would have the answers you seek.

urig posted Wed, 13 December 2006 at 12:44 PM

Nope. Ive searched the nvidia - site for drivers some days ago cause of Vue6I issues... There is nothing. All I can find out is, that apple updates the drivers with regulary system updates... Its hard to find a "pure, naked" graphics driver... I will give google another chance... Thanks.

Teyon posted Wed, 13 December 2006 at 12:50 PM

No problem. I guess you could try Apple's site. I can't imagine that they'd try and control the system that much. ouch.

urig posted Wed, 13 December 2006 at 1:40 PM

Ive digged in Apples site til Steve Jobs backyard... but nothing about nvidia-drivers.. I can live with the srdee-mode. Doesnt make so much with backgrounds in poser.

Quote - I can't imagine that they'd try and control the system that much.

Possibly the reason why mac osx is such a stable system... who knows?!?

PilotHigh posted Wed, 13 December 2006 at 4:14 PM

I was running Poser 6 on a G4 and then switched to an intel iMac. The first thing I noticed was the background problem as shown above. There are a few other things that don't work properly but I can't remember what at the moment. I'm just in a holding pattern until the mac Poser 7 gets shipped.