Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Body Shadows

sdraun opened this issue on Dec 19, 2006 · 12 posts

sdraun posted Tue, 19 December 2006 at 9:43 PM

I am a newbie and this is my first post. I have had Poser 6 for a couple months. I made my first movie recently. It was just a test before I tackle something with a plot. You can see it with the link below. I have a question, which for me is very important. How can I turn body shadows off? I mean you can turn off the shadow that a figure casts on the background but I want to know how to get rid of, or greatly reduce, the shadow cast by the chin on the neck and the shadows on any other part of the anatomy. I have tried using spot lights which works ok but not that great, and I feel like I am working hard to get rid of something that shouldn’t be there in the first place. I feel like a shadow is somthing you should add at your discretion and not have to figure out a way to get rid of. It would be great if there was a default “zero” light button which would produce a universal even light and no shadow. There are light sets with names like “360’ or “neutral’ but they all produce shadows. These shadows often look like a lot of dirt around the neck.
http://stevedraun.com/posing/posing_fs.htm
Steve
PS: the movie was intended for the uninitiated