Forum: Contest Announcements

Subject: How can anyone post poser figure as original work?

okfir opened this issue on Dec 27, 2006 ยท 31 posts

okfir posted Wed, 27 December 2006 at 12:51 AM

I am going over the pictures that were posted for the holiday contest
and I have something that really bugs me, in the contest rules it says that only original artwork can be submitted and nothing that was previously made so how come so many members post images with poser work? Dont tell me that there is no different cause they did not made this figures they were made by somebody else and they post it as their own.

In my opinion if the rules says to put an original artwork then it means original from A to Z and nothing pre made. The next thing that will happen is that in the 2D section there will be images with pictures from imagebank.com.

Unfortunately for me I cannot submit anything to this contest since I am up to my neck in a very big project, but I dont know what is the point in joining a contest like this when so many participants use pre made figures.

of course I am not saying that everyone do it, I just say that there are a lot of users that post this kind of images and need to show a bit more skill then arranging already made objects and rendering them.

Tell me what you think about it.