Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Help with a new feature in Poser 7

sdraun opened this issue on Jan 03, 2007 · 4 posts

sdraun posted Wed, 03 January 2007 at 1:45 AM

If there is an object in the scene, for example a pair of glasses, by using a new feature in Poser 7 it is possible to make the object invisible at a certain point in the time line. With the glasses selected in the properties panel there is a invisible button with a “key icon” beside it. Clicking turns it green and the Reference Manuel explains a popup menu will appear. No such menus appears, however a morph dial appeasers  in the “Parameters" panel which should allow degrees of invisibility. Nothing like that happens but it does act like an on and off switch. However it does not animate on the time line. For example if you want to have the glasses disappear 50 frames into a 300 frame movie nothing will happened, the switch has no effect on the time line, it may as well not be there. Does anybody know what I am doing wrong?
Steve

PhilC posted Wed, 03 January 2007 at 3:54 AM

It should do however a thread in the Content Paradise forum appears to indicate that this feature may require additional work by e-frontier.

sdraun posted Wed, 03 January 2007 at 11:41 AM

Quote - It should do however a thread in the Content Paradise forum appears to indicate that this feature may require additional work by e-frontier.

Hi PhilC
You wrote: “It should do”
What should do?
Do you have a link to the thread at Content Paradise?
In order to see if this feature works you only have to click on the little key icon in the Properties Panel and wait for the pop up. if there isn’t one the feature worthless. I am asking if others have the same experience or if I am missing something.
Steve

TrekkieGrrrl posted Wed, 03 January 2007 at 5:07 PM

What Phil is saying is that yes, it should work. However, it does not. Not as described at least.

Here's the thread: How do I get the visable animation to work

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.