Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Remove skin sheen from V4

LanceB opened this issue on Jan 07, 2007 · 6 posts

LanceB posted Sun, 07 January 2007 at 9:19 AM

I finally broke down and bought V4 and have had some pleasant surprises with her. However I am not happy with the excessive skin sheen that I get with her in Poser 6. I had a great pose option with V3 that gave me instant choices to do default, no sheen or wet that came with one of the texture sets. Is there anything out there that will do the same for V4? If not, how do I reduce the skin sheen with V4? She looks like a plastic Barbie Doll with too much skin sheen.

pjz99 posted Sun, 07 January 2007 at 9:30 AM

What exactly did you get?  I got V4 Complete and the High-rez mats, and I don't have any complaint about shiny skin.  It's very dependent on the material set you have on the model.

My Freebies

diolma posted Sun, 07 January 2007 at 3:32 PM

I don't have V4 at all, but any skin-sheen must be due to the material that is applied.
Check in the material room (advanced settings). If "specular" has a colour other than black and/or a value greater than zero, then you'll get the "shiny" look. Twiddle til it looks ok.

If you still can't sort it, post a screen capture of the mat-room settings - somebody will soon figure it ot..

Cheers,
Diolma

LanceB posted Sun, 07 January 2007 at 4:35 PM

I didn't get the Daz hi-res texture, I bought a different one on renderosity. Apparently it comes preset with a grey specularity set at .35 or so. I changed this to near black at .1 and it looks much better. It is however a little bit of trouble resetting this for all the skin maps. It was much simpler with the one button presets I had for the V3 texture. Thanks for your help.

diolma posted Sun, 07 January 2007 at 5:16 PM

Hi LanceB,

Glad you sorted the problem (and glad you've learned something..) :-)

Don't forget that once you've "sorted out" a texture for all body-parts,  you can (in P6) save the whole thing in the Materials Room library as a "collection", which works very much like a "MAT Pose", except you have to go to the Mat Room to access it..

Cheers,
Diolma

LanceB posted Sun, 07 January 2007 at 5:45 PM

Wow thanks dialoma, what a timesaver! I guess if I read the manual more often I would know these things. Saving in collections will be hughly helpful for me.