Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: V4 dynamic clothing freebie (teaser...)

svdl opened this issue on Jan 13, 2007 · 157 posts

svdl posted Sat, 13 January 2007 at 4:38 AM

I'm working on a sort of "office set" for Vicki 4. The skirt is finished, it'll come in 5 varieties, from zipper all closed, to fully open up to the waistband, and 3 intermediate stages.
UVmapped, templates will be provided.

The blouse looks pretty nice, but is too hi-poly to be workable. I'm building a lower res version right now.
The blouse can be fully open, fully closed, and anywhere in between, judicious use of the Soft Decorated group enables this trick. 
Like the skirt, it'll be UV mapped, templates will be provided.

Materials: P6 material collections, P5 materials, and probably MAT poses for P5. Most of them will be fully procedural, since I am not at all proficient with Photoshop and can't create decent textures....

Now what else does Vicki need in the office? Let me know...

The pen is mightier than the sword. But if you literally want to have some impact, use a typewriter

My gallery   My freestuff

svdl posted Sat, 13 January 2007 at 4:39 AM

Here's a first impression

The pen is mightier than the sword. But if you literally want to have some impact, use a typewriter

svdl posted Sat, 13 January 2007 at 4:40 AM

And from the backside. 

All cloth materials are fully procedural. Default lighting, quickie FF render.

pjz99 posted Sat, 13 January 2007 at 4:42 AM

That's a really nice blouse, I look forward to it.

My Freebies

BAR-CODE posted Sat, 13 January 2007 at 4:45 AM

Well thats some fine work mister ...looks good.
You realy nail dynamic clothes every time :}

Chris

IF YOU WANT TO CONTACT BAR-CODE SENT A  PM to 26FAHRENHEIT  "same person"

Chris

My Free Stuff

mickmca posted Sat, 13 January 2007 at 4:58 AM

I'm ready to buy. Oh, where are these "offices"?

BAR-CODE posted Sat, 13 January 2007 at 5:05 AM

One thing i think might be fun to have is a "Tie" ? "stropdas" Svdl can read this "
You know with a men's shirt to go with it...
And a pair of long normal pants...

Keep it up !!
Chris

Chris

My Free Stuff

saus69 posted Sat, 13 January 2007 at 5:19 AM

That's beautiful.. love the dynamic folds.

urbanarmitage posted Sat, 13 January 2007 at 5:38 AM

Lovely stuff svdl! Very gracious of you to offer it as a freebie when done. Thank you!

I must say though, with it being that see-thru I doubt much work will be happening in that office! :lol:

Wayne

Fugazi1968 posted Sat, 13 January 2007 at 5:49 AM

Amazing Blouse svdl, I'm so thoroughly jealous of your talant :)

Fugazi (without the aid of a safety net)

https://www.facebook.com/Fugazi3D

BAR-CODE posted Sat, 13 January 2007 at 5:52 AM

Well i dont want to keep SvdL from making this outfits ..BUT
The "old V3 dynamic clothes from him are AB FAB .. and with a little scaling they work FINE
with V4 ..so when you love this GET those ...

End of commercial ;}

Chris 

Chris

My Free Stuff

infinity10 posted Sat, 13 January 2007 at 7:17 AM

Nice clothes.  Impressed with how the blouse and skirt render.

Eternal Hobbyist

MartinW posted Sat, 13 January 2007 at 7:27 AM

Lovely dynamics as ever - can't wait for its release...

Victoria_Lee posted Sat, 13 January 2007 at 7:53 AM

With that blouse, which is amazing, she'd need a nice camisole that's not transparent.  Lookong fotward to this, Chris.  Your work is always amaxing.

Hugz from Phoenix, USA

Victoria

Remember, sometimes the dragon wins. Correction: MOST times.

pjz99 posted Sat, 13 January 2007 at 7:55 AM

You can always adjust the materials and make it less transparent :)

edit - on the other hand that WOULD look quite nice with a camisole underneath it.

My Freebies

BAR-CODE posted Sat, 13 January 2007 at 7:59 AM

With that blouse, which is amazing, she'd need a nice camisole that's not transparent.  Lookong fotward to this, Chris.  Your work is always amaxing.

Mmm victoria ...IM not making this :} SVDL is making this great stuff..

Greetz 
CHRIS <==== ;}

Chris

My Free Stuff

Victoria_Lee posted Sat, 13 January 2007 at 8:08 AM

Sorry, Chris ... and svdl.  Early morning with a 2-year old on my lap, not enough coffee yet ... let's see, what else can I say?  :b_blush:

Hugz from Phoenix, USA

Victoria

thefixer posted Sat, 13 January 2007 at 8:25 AM

I have your V3 dynamic stuff so I know this'll be top notch!
As for what else would she need, well how about some stockings!  Yea I know I'm a perv!!! 

Injustice will be avenged.
Cofiwch Dryweryn.

Nebula posted Sat, 13 January 2007 at 8:50 AM

svdl!!!  This is looking awesome!!!  I agree with everyone else that I can't wait to get ahold of it!  Is it getting any easier to do the lapels yet?

Thanks for all your efforts!  I think you have a winner here,

Nebula

Mazak posted Sat, 13 January 2007 at 9:14 AM

That’s an amazing piece of cloth. I love all your dynamic dresses. :thumbupboth:

Thank you very much!!

Mazak

Google+ Bodo Nittel 

TrekkieGrrrl posted Sat, 13 January 2007 at 9:43 AM

This is absolutely awesome! It may even get me to finally use V4 L

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

Channing posted Sat, 13 January 2007 at 10:40 AM

Gorgeous work. Well done.

Jules53757 posted Sat, 13 January 2007 at 11:06 AM

Great job!

Ulli

"Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!"

Singular3D posted Sat, 13 January 2007 at 2:43 PM

Excellent blouse! The folds look very real.

pruiz posted Sat, 13 January 2007 at 5:03 PM

Thank you - your work is indispensible and absolutely unique in the poser domain.

svdl posted Sun, 14 January 2007 at 8:17 AM

Update on the project: I rebuilt the blouse at half the polygon count - now it's about 10,000 polys. Still quite a lot, and it doesn't calculate fast, about 30 seconds/frame on an Athlon64 3500+ / WinXP Pro / Poser 6 SR3.

Next part: the buttons. Rigid decorated groups have their peculiarities, I hope it'll work.

A note: some parts of the blouse are "double", having both inside and outside polygons. Usually in places where a real blouse would have a double layer too, e.g. the collar and the seams/hems. The seams and hems are modeled in, they do not depend on texture/bump/displacement.

svdl posted Sun, 14 January 2007 at 8:20 AM

Here Vicki hasn't bothered to button up her shirt.

Someone said something about a camisole. Well, I didn't have a fitting camisole for her (the one I have doesn't have fitting body morphs), but I got her a teeny tiny bra.... I might include it in the package. It's a conformer, with morphs, but the morphs are far from perfect.

svdl posted Sun, 14 January 2007 at 8:21 AM

Though she is a bit of an exhibitionist, Vicki CAN button up her blouse. For a bit, at least....

svdl posted Sun, 14 January 2007 at 8:21 AM

It took some coercion, but finally she completely buttoned up her blouse....

svdl posted Sun, 14 January 2007 at 8:22 AM

Here is an alternate material. Also fully procedural.

pruiz posted Sun, 14 January 2007 at 8:23 AM

Sounds fine - great in fact - can't wait to get simulating with it.

You asked earlier what else V4 would need in the office - stockings and a garter belt to hold them up would seem only proper.

Thanks again.

svdl posted Sun, 14 January 2007 at 8:24 AM

Another material, this time a shiny silk/satin. The folds in the back seem to work pretty well. The seams and hems do not have a different material (neither do they in the previous renders), their "solidity" is caused by the polygons on the inside of the blouse.

Mazak posted Sun, 14 January 2007 at 8:30 AM

:woot: :tt1:

Mazak

Google+ Bodo Nittel 

Nebula posted Sun, 14 January 2007 at 8:39 AM

Man, the collar is excellent!!  It appears to fold very well.  Not too concerned with how long the calculations take, I'd rather have it look great!  Thank you so much for the effort your putting into this.  It's really showing!!!

Nebula

Victoria_Lee posted Sun, 14 January 2007 at 8:48 AM

Wow!  This is going to be awesome!  I can see I need to start playing with dynamic clothing.  I have a camisole for V4 but it's not a freebie.  It'll work though.  Great job, svdl.  I can't wait for this one.

Hugz from Phoenix, USA

Victoria

svdl posted Sun, 14 January 2007 at 9:50 AM

There's a little problem with the buttons. They're constrained to the right side of the blouse, while they SHOULD be constrained to the left side. It has to do with the way rigid decorated groups work in Poser, it's not possible to instruct Poser to constrain the group to a certain defined cloth group, it just picks out the closest vertices.

I have an idea how to work around this problem, but that'll take some time to work out.

Ah well, the buttons didn't turn out too bad for now...

svdl posted Sun, 14 January 2007 at 9:50 AM

All buttoned up...

svdl posted Sun, 14 January 2007 at 9:51 AM

All buttons open. Here you can see that they're attached to the wrong side of the blouse.

BAR-CODE posted Sun, 14 January 2007 at 10:30 AM

hey .. waneer is jouw collectie bij H&M tekoop :} in plaats van die viktor en rolf ...

Just a little dutch joke .. i made to SVDL.. nothing else.

Chris

Chris

My Free Stuff

lam2 posted Sun, 14 January 2007 at 1:05 PM

svdl, I've been a big fan of your dynamic clothing.  What you are working with right now looks amazing!
I remember you were posting about the new technique to make dynamic clothing a few month back, and was hoping to see the work from that project.
I can't wait to try this one!

svdl posted Sun, 14 January 2007 at 1:24 PM

Got it! The buttons I mean. The trick is in the morphs. By setting the morphs for each button that should be closed (button itself must move forward) or open (left and right panel must move aside) before calculating the simulation, it's possible to have the buttons on the correct  side!

jhustead posted Sun, 14 January 2007 at 5:53 PM

Your work is amazing! And the coolest thing is that you don't charge people to use your awesome creations! I look forward to using this in the future. One thing that I think would be cool for the office environment is a long silky or plush scarf. And I think it would look cool as dynamic clothing as well.

-James

Fazzel posted Sun, 14 January 2007 at 8:21 PM

Love your work, looking forward to having this one too.

ccbig posted Sun, 14 January 2007 at 10:24 PM

Love the blouse and skirt. Nice texture work! A belt and some sort of loose scarf might also work with this wonderful outfit. I do not recall any tops done with a button cuff. A button cuff that could be unbuttoned and rolled up would be a interesting morph for someone with the talents to make one. Thank you for sharing you work! ~ccbig~

pobble posted Mon, 15 January 2007 at 12:14 PM

This really looks terrific. A couple of suggestions, since you asked: 1) The buttons on the blouse don't really seem visible in your renders. Nice buttons would be great. 2) Is there any way to tuck in the blouse and still keep it dynamic? (And add a nice wide belt?) 3) A "mini" morph for the skirt to make it shorter ;) Thanks!! M

Slowhands posted Mon, 15 January 2007 at 1:12 PM

I love your blouse, I wish dinamic Clothing wasn't so slow to work with. I love the look. I do animation, and when it gets faster within Poser to work with. That will be the clothing that I use all the time.

Acadia posted Mon, 15 January 2007 at 2:25 PM

Awesome! It's looking great!

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

ozbrat posted Tue, 16 January 2007 at 3:33 AM

Wow, can't wait for this, thank you

Casette posted Tue, 16 January 2007 at 7:09 AM

wow!

CASETTE
=======
"Poser isn't a SOFTWARE... it's a RELIGION!"

svdl posted Wed, 17 January 2007 at 12:52 AM

Update on the blouse: I've refined the mesh, the UV mapping and the morphs. 

The morph trick is pretty neat: by just setting the OpenButtonX morphs to 1 on the first frame (and back to zero on the second frame) for each button you want to have open, the blouse works! No need to fiddle with the cloth group settings.

Some new shots in the following posts.

svdl posted Wed, 17 January 2007 at 12:53 AM

All buttons closed, no morphs applied. Nudity flag applied since the silky material is fairly transparent.

Note: I will not include this material in the pack, since I didn't make it myself.

svdl posted Wed, 17 January 2007 at 12:54 AM

Buttons 1, 2, 3 and 6 opened on frame 1, and closed again on frame 2. Exactly the same cloth dynamics settings.

svdl posted Wed, 17 January 2007 at 12:56 AM

Careful mesh refinement prevents pokethru in that pesky elbow area

svdl posted Wed, 17 January 2007 at 12:58 AM

Double layered hems, seams and collars prevent that "infinite thinness" look that often plagues dynamic clothes - including my older freebies. An added bonus is that the seams are really "modeled in", which makes texturing the blouse much easier. No need to create displacement maps to give the seams some thickness!

The material I used here is a simple tiled texture map. That's all.

pruiz posted Wed, 17 January 2007 at 6:33 AM

Stupendous - can't wait. Thanks in anticipation.

DarthJ posted Wed, 17 January 2007 at 6:27 PM

One prop I can think of for that "finishing touch" are glasses (bril)

Though there are enough free ones around that will fit V4.

kobaltkween posted Wed, 17 January 2007 at 6:28 PM

can i just say that your v3 dynamic office clothes are (so far) my favorite dynamic clothes.  i should be posting a pic with them here soon.  i've been putting finishing touches and such on my images, trying to make a real gallery out of my work. 

i wish more people would make clothes like yours.  especially jeans.

pruiz posted Thu, 18 January 2007 at 7:27 AM

Where will you post these? I missed the "v3 dynamic office clothes " mentioned by cobalt stream. Where were they presented?

Nebula posted Thu, 18 January 2007 at 4:29 PM

svdl,

This is looking fantastic!  I think it's cool how you have independant buttons closed and others open. This is coming along wonderfully!  Thanks for all your HARD work!

Nebula

kobaltkween posted Thu, 18 January 2007 at 4:36 PM

i believe that they were presented in the forums here, in freestuff, and at planit3d.
http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/index.php?user_id=99327
"Dynamic Blouse and Skirt for V3," first item in the 5th row

svdl posted Fri, 19 January 2007 at 7:36 PM

Someone asked for stockings. Someone asked for a camisole. Someone asked for a miniskirt. Well, here they are! Will be included in the package.

ozbrat posted Fri, 19 January 2007 at 7:41 PM

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jartz posted Fri, 19 January 2007 at 11:35 PM

Looking great from here.

I can't wait to see more, man...  Can't wait!

Excellent work,

JB

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Asus N50-600 - Intel Core i5-8400 CPU @ 2.80GHz · Windows 10 Home/11 upgrade 64-bit · 16GB DDR4 RAM · 1TB SSD and 1TB HDD; Graphics: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1060 - 6GB GDDR5 VRAM; Software: Poser Pro 11x

GhostWolf posted Sat, 20 January 2007 at 2:53 AM

Looks sexy, take your time and make it perfect. :thumbupboth:
If that is the "standard" office uniform I would probably hire more female employees, :lol:

pruiz posted Sat, 20 January 2007 at 8:30 AM

Excellent - I too can't wait.

But is it too presumptious to ask re the garter belt to hold those stickings up?

svdl posted Sat, 20 January 2007 at 8:44 AM

Its not.

Right now I'm working on a bra. The material zones will allow for three styles: sexy but still decent, sexy and indecent, and completely cupless. Looks like the modeling work is finished, I'm testing in Poser at the moment...

Patience please...

svdl posted Sat, 20 January 2007 at 9:52 AM

Here are some screenshots of the bra. Right now, it's dynamic, I'm considering turning it into a conformer.

Still somewhat decent here....

svdl posted Sat, 20 January 2007 at 9:53 AM

Now for an indecent one

Or totally outrageous

Works rather well with the blouse too

Nvlonewulf posted Sun, 21 January 2007 at 1:34 AM

Wow, this is awesome!

The only thing I don't procrastinate is procrastinating. That I do right away.

svdl posted Thu, 25 January 2007 at 1:41 AM

Had to redo the stockings, they showed some pokethru on tight fitting shoes. Someone asked for a garter to go with the stockings, well, here it is.

Right now, the garter and stockings are fully dynamic. As you can see, this means that the garter straps are too loose. I'll turn them into a dynamic/conforming hybrid, the garter belt and stockings themselves will be conformers, the straps will be dynamic, and the required stretching will be accomplished using a simple morph.

svdl posted Thu, 25 January 2007 at 1:43 AM

Here's a view from the back. Hard to see maybe, but the stockings have a "seams" material zone. The UV mapping is seamless, so any lace or fishnet texture/transmap will look very natural.

svdl posted Thu, 25 January 2007 at 1:46 AM

The clips have been modeled with some attention to detail. I may provide the stockings with a somewhat thicker top seam and give the clip something to hold on to.

svdl posted Thu, 25 January 2007 at 1:59 AM

Now the question is: do you prefer separate left and right stockings, or should they come as a set? 
Same for the garter: do you prefer separate garter belt and stockings, or should they come as a complete set?

pruiz posted Thu, 25 January 2007 at 6:56 AM

Quite excellent work SVDL.

I personally prefer keeping the stockings separate as 'tweeking' on the 'x' axis becomes a spacing pain when they are joined. Also the belt and stockings separate.

Amazing attention to detail  - looks like the whole ensemble will be fabulous.

Nebula posted Thu, 25 January 2007 at 7:37 AM

I agree, I prefer all separate items as well.  It's nice to just use the stockings alone without the garter. 

This is coming along very well!  I look forward to this becoming available!!!  Thanks for all your efforts svdl!

Nebula

kobaltkween posted Thu, 25 January 2007 at 10:14 AM

wow, this is incredible.  i too prefer separate.  they're dynamic, right?  would i  be wrong in assuming that in addition to scaling and such separately, they would be able to easily take different cloth room settings?   say if one wanted one partially on to have different settings than the one on her leg?

3DVim posted Thu, 25 January 2007 at 10:29 AM

Fabulous!

:thumbupboth:

bu_es posted Thu, 25 January 2007 at 10:51 AM

yes, Fabulous job 👍

jartz posted Thu, 25 January 2007 at 1:22 PM

I agree -- keep 'em separate.

Excellent job.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Asus N50-600 - Intel Core i5-8400 CPU @ 2.80GHz · Windows 10 Home/11 upgrade 64-bit · 16GB DDR4 RAM · 1TB SSD and 1TB HDD; Graphics: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1060 - 6GB GDDR5 VRAM; Software: Poser Pro 11x

svdl posted Thu, 25 January 2007 at 6:58 PM

Got it! Found a solution for the stretch problem I mentioned a few posts earlier.

Here's how it works: the upper part of the garter is conforming, as are the clips and the very lower ends of the straps. The straps themselves are dynamic.
At frame 1, I set a "Stretch" morph that pulls the tops of the straps down, so that they're "shortened". This "Stretch" morph exists in both the conforming part and the dynamic part.

For the conforming part, the Stretch morph gradually eases back to zero in frame 20, where Vicki 4 assumes her final pose. For the dynamic part, the Stretch morph is set back to zero on an arbitrary frame between 2 and the end of the simulation animation (I chose frame 20 in this case).
When I ran the simulation, stuff happened exactly the way I hoped. The conforming part that was "easing back" to its default size pulled on the straps, stretching them as they would be stretched in real life.

So now we can have realistic stretchy straps, in a way that is totally impossible with both pure dynamic cloth (deformation of the constrained groups would result) and pure conforming cloth (even if provided with dozens of morphs, it's as good as impossible to have the straps stretch naturally in every imaginable pose). Hybrids rule!

The render itself shows that I still have quite some things to do. There's some pokethru (haven't created morphs in the conforming parts yet), and the front left clip points at an unnatural direction (which I can solve with point-at behaviors). 

But IT CAN BE DONE!

Nebula posted Thu, 25 January 2007 at 8:53 PM

Wow!  What a great idea!  That should soon take care of all the unrealistic looking bends in conforming clothing!  Keep posting your progress!  It's cool to see how it has come along from the beginning!

Thank you so much!!

Nebula

Casette posted Fri, 26 January 2007 at 2:55 AM

Fantastic! :D

CASETTE
=======

pruiz posted Fri, 26 January 2007 at 10:12 AM

SVDL - tremendous progress. 

The garter belt strap issue has always been there. Either one makes it conforming in which case it sticks to the skin like glue and is un-natural or the whole cloth is set at dynamic and it flies out of control. 

Another theoretical issue to solve would be the ability to have the elasticity (elastic constraint) of the stocking material constrain the underlying figure mesh ( i.e. leg muscle/lesh is pulled in to the constaint of the stocking top). I saw a tut by Olivier on RDNA that set about having the hand and fingers constrain and indent the flesh of a breast being held by the hand. Any ideas in this respect? I don't think this was done dynamically tho'.

Is there a tut on how to set up hybrids. Or how to 'make' them. I am learning 'Modo' right now with the intent of making dynamic clothes and it seems that the hybrid method is the way to go.

Thanks in anticipation for this marvellous freebie. 

BTW where are your freebie offerings these days. I looked here at Renederosity and at 3DCommune and cannot find them.

bopperthijs posted Fri, 26 January 2007 at 5:42 PM

I think the whole outfit looks great, and your solution with the hybrid straps is fabulous I l always found the way straps looked on other garters quite annoying, it just didn't look right !, I've tried to make a dynamic garter and stocking set myself, but It never worked the way I wanted, seeing this I think I can finished it. But... are the clips and the straps not a little too small?

.... Oh, no!  rans to the mailbox with the fire-extinquisher....

-How can you improve things when you don't make mistakes?

jwiest posted Fri, 26 January 2007 at 6:32 PM

All I have to say is WOW!

Well, ok, I've got more to say. :D

This looks awesome.  I can't wait to see the finished product and give it a run.  I keep meaning to try more dynamics, but never quite get around to it.

John

svdl posted Sat, 27 January 2007 at 3:56 AM

pruiz: I think I know what tutorial you're thinking of. It's by Raj d'Arge, and I've got a copy in PDF format. And yes, it uses dynamic cloth to get the flesh-pressed-by-fingers look.
I also remember something using magnets.

Casette posted Sat, 27 January 2007 at 4:39 AM

I have a copy too. But I never got success with it  :(

CASETTE
=======

pruiz posted Sat, 27 January 2007 at 6:09 AM

svdl,

Could you send the URL or email a copy of the pdf. please. I thought it was by Olivier but . . . I also received an email request from hydra0104 asking where it might be found. I will let him know or forward a copy.

Thanks.

svdl posted Sat, 27 January 2007 at 8:07 AM

I'll have to ask Raj d'Arge. It's his work, not mine, so it wouldn't be kosher to redistribute without his permission.

Nebula posted Sat, 27 January 2007 at 8:10 AM

I found it in tutorials on Renderosity.  It's called Poser Soft Bodies by RajDArge.

svdl posted Sun, 28 January 2007 at 1:33 PM

Found it there too, so I won't redistribute.

I've been working on the garter. The ease of use was not good enough IMO, and it could use some extra detail in several places.

svdl posted Sun, 28 January 2007 at 1:35 PM

The new garter. Conforming/dynamic hybrid. Since most of the garter belt is dynamic, there's no need for oodles of morphs to fit V4.

svdl posted Sun, 28 January 2007 at 1:36 PM

A view from the back. I added a clip at the backside, made it look more natural to me. The clips are the only "conforming" parts.

svdl posted Sun, 28 January 2007 at 1:38 PM

Since the clips that attach to the stockings are separate bodyparts, there's no need for all kinds of morphs to fit any possible thigh shape. Just set the "Stretch" morph to 1.000 on the end frame of your simulation, then use the translation and rotation dials on the clips to position them exactly as you want. The dynamics calculations will take care of the rest.

Saluki posted Sun, 28 January 2007 at 3:55 PM

What I've seen so far looks incredible! Keep up the good (no, make that excellent) work.

ruby_dragon posted Sun, 28 January 2007 at 7:22 PM

Phenominal! *Supper went cold, as I reviewed this post!!!! I can't wait ... and feel so guilty at the same time :-( Is there anything we can do to help ^__^ This is so exciting!!!

(food? what is food??!!)

*hugs*
-Jen Dyck

pruiz posted Sun, 28 January 2007 at 9:21 PM

svdl - you are on the edge of the envelope with natural 'looking' clothes - the master!

I'm glad we (nebulka in fact) came up with the Sarge d'Arge piece - I'll be working on doing something around this with stocking tops and 'bulge' when I get a moment off getting into basic 'Modo".

jonthecelt posted Thu, 01 February 2007 at 12:41 PM

bookmark

svdl posted Tue, 06 February 2007 at 9:48 PM

The bra has been converted to a conformer, and I've put in just about every V4 morph that comes with the morph package. Notable exception: I didn't include the "droop" morph, after all, isn't that what bras are supposed to correct?

Now the question is - should I include ERC, or should I include a Python script that copies over the morph settings from the conforming target (the V4 figure the bra is conformed to). Maybe both?

The next job will be converting the stockings to conformers, and creating matching morphs.
The package will include both dynamic stockings (for draping over chairs) and conforming ones.

I'm ambitious, I'm trying to make a package that can rival most things on the MP....

pobble posted Wed, 07 February 2007 at 12:40 AM

All I can say is, Wow! Can't wait! Thanks so much!!

kobaltkween posted Wed, 07 February 2007 at 1:01 AM

does this mean that there won't be dynamic versions of the bra and stockings?  or that there will be both?  that is, is this a progression or addition?  i know i'd be interested in the dynamic versions you have now, because i anticipate using the many morphs that should come out that haven't yet (muscularity, capsces', etc.).

svdl posted Wed, 07 February 2007 at 1:32 AM

cobaltdream: both versions.will be included. They'll share their geometry and UV mapping, so duplicate material collections /MAT poses won't be necessary.

ozbrat posted Wed, 07 February 2007 at 1:59 AM

Def awaiting this with joyous anticipation

kobaltkween posted Wed, 07 February 2007 at 3:58 AM

wow.  this is going to be incredible.  thanks so much!

oh, and my pic using the v3 clothes is in my gallery now: Escape from the Office.  it's much more tame than that title sounds, i realize now.

elenorcoli posted Wed, 07 February 2007 at 4:23 PM

i just read that clothify body part tutorial.. i had tried that myself without success...it was the coreographed groups! doh
yep svdl kills i've been using your dynamics for years.  i bought many packages, yet yours always better.  now i make some of my own.  can't wait to see your mesh see how it's done now.
thanks for all you've done over the years

Marque posted Wed, 07 February 2007 at 4:41 PM

Any updates on this?

svdl posted Wed, 07 February 2007 at 4:49 PM

Bra is done, except for ERC-ing to Victoria 4.

Blouse is done

Pencil skirt and mini skirt are done

Garter needs reboning and remorphing, geometry and mapping are done.

UV mapping and templates are done.

Material collections and separate P5 materials are half way.

Poser 5 MAT poses are half way.

CopyMorphs script is done.

Stockings are being converted right now. Might have to tweak the geometry a little.

Since the stockings are VERY tight, some displacement adjustment to V4's legs are necessary. I'll write a P5 script and a P6 wacro to adjust the leg displacements (I'll try to leave existing displacement in place. Takes some figuring out).
To allow for the non-infinitely small thickness of the stockings, shoes also need a displacement adjustment. I'll write a P5 script /P6 wacro for shoe material adjustment too.

Everything will be included in the package.

ETA in freestuff: 1 to 2 weeks.

Marque posted Wed, 07 February 2007 at 8:33 PM

Nice!

Jules53757 posted Thu, 08 February 2007 at 2:26 AM

Sounds really great, thanks in advance

Ulli

"Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!"

pruiz posted Thu, 08 February 2007 at 6:48 AM

Anticipation is more than half the pleasure and eventual satisfaction. Sounds like a monster - shall we say master - work.  Your 'ambition' should be rewarded by the sounds of things.

How do you model/conform/convert a stocking cloth mesh - close fitting to the wavefront .obj of the character? I use Modo but the principles should be the same as 3D Max (which I believe you have alluded to using). Are there some generic instructions or tuts on the subject? It would be painful to pull extend polys individually to'skin' close to he character mesh and not particularly consistent or accurate. Is there a specific toll/set that I'm missing?

The project sounds and looks magnificent and I'm sure that its reception will satisfy your 'ambition'.

Thanks again.

Kenmac posted Sat, 17 February 2007 at 6:54 PM

So how are things going on this? Have you almost finished?

svdl posted Sat, 17 February 2007 at 6:58 PM

Reboning and remorphing of the garter is done.

I still have to make a conforming version of the stockings, and write a couple of scripts. A few days, and everything should be done.

Nebula posted Mon, 19 February 2007 at 9:25 AM

It seems there are quite a few of us looking forward to this beautiful piece of work your doing!!  And I'm sure everyone is extreamly grateful for all your efforts!

Nebula

3Dave posted Tue, 20 February 2007 at 5:14 AM

Just another fan of your work waiting patiently for what looks like another great set,

thanks in anticipation,

3Dave

RorrKonn posted Tue, 20 February 2007 at 5:27 AM

Scripts ? We half to write scripts for dynamic cloths ?

Is there anything I can not import from Poser to Vue ?

RorrKonn
http://www.atomic-3d.com

============================================================ 

The Artist that will fight for decades to conquer their media.
Even if you never know their name ,your know their Art.
Dark Sphere Mage Vengeance

svdl posted Tue, 20 February 2007 at 10:31 AM

One of the scripts is done - it creates a morph in V4 that make the stockings fit better. It displaces all vertices 1 mm inwards from mid thigh down on both legs.

I'm still wrestling with a script that will add a little outward displacement to shoe materials - needed to prevent the stockings from poking through the shoes.

And I'm working on a script that'll set up the P6/P7 clothing simulations with the right parameters. 

Only the first script does something that is as good as impossible to do by hand. 

The other two scripts will provide a handy shortcut to things that also can be done by hand in the material room and the cloth room. Those scripts will only work in P6 and P7, the first script works in P5 too.

svdl posted Fri, 23 February 2007 at 12:41 AM

Attached Link: V4 Office Set

It is finished.

This is what you'll find in the package

The ZIP file is quite large, 12.6 MB, and the upstream capacity of my server is limited. So if you can't get it to download, please be patient and try again later.

I hope you all have as much fun using this set as I had creating it.

jwiest posted Fri, 23 February 2007 at 12:47 AM

Many many thank yous for this!  Not sure when I'll get a chance to try it out as I'm in the middle of a few other things, but I look forward to that time for sure! :)

John

Honey_ZA posted Fri, 23 February 2007 at 12:51 AM

Thank you so so so much.  This is absolutely fantastic!!!

HoNeY
http://www.HoneyB.co.za

urbanarmitage posted Fri, 23 February 2007 at 12:52 AM

Thank you very much svdl! I have been looking forward to playing around with this for a long time now. Your work is fantastic and you are very generous to release this to the world as a freebie!

jartz posted Fri, 23 February 2007 at 12:53 AM

Many thanks for this! 

Nvlonewulf posted Fri, 23 February 2007 at 1:00 AM

Oh awesome!!  What an amazing package, thank you!!

The only thing I don't procrastinate is procrastinating. That I do right away.

svdl posted Fri, 23 February 2007 at 1:01 AM

Oops.
There's more in the package. I forgot to mention the pencil skirt and the mini skirt. The pencil skirt comes in 5 versions, from zipper fully closed to zipper fully open, the mini skirt has 3 zipper versions.
The skirts are also provided with several material collections/MAT poses.

Casette posted Fri, 23 February 2007 at 2:07 AM

Got it. Thanks :)

CASETTE
=======

jonthecelt posted Fri, 23 February 2007 at 3:10 AM

Many thanks, svdl... you have come up trumps yet again... and brought a new and interesting technique forclothing makers to come... :)

jonthecelt

RossoMan posted Fri, 23 February 2007 at 3:50 AM

Thank you very much svdl! This is awesome!

RorrKonn posted Fri, 23 February 2007 at 4:17 AM

Killer package,Thanks

RorrKonn

Mazak posted Fri, 23 February 2007 at 5:52 AM

Thank you very much! 

Mazak

Google+ Bodo Nittel 

EPICI posted Fri, 23 February 2007 at 6:42 AM

Great stuff. Thank you very much!

EPICI

www.epiciworld.com

pruiz posted Fri, 23 February 2007 at 10:36 AM

svdl,

A week earlier than you predicted - magnificent contribution and effort on your part. I'm floating around next three weeks without access to Poser so ironically I can't test fly this until I get back. Great pity I don't have a laptop load of Poser during travels.

I am sure from the previews and the readmes that you have produced a superlative product. 

Can't wait to test drive it.

Thanks again.

pobble posted Fri, 23 February 2007 at 10:53 AM

Thank you again! This looks terrific! It would be great if people would post some of their renders using this wonderful set...

lam2 posted Fri, 23 February 2007 at 11:46 AM

Thank you so very much!!

Nebula posted Fri, 23 February 2007 at 11:48 AM

Man, what a selection!!  This is so great!!!  Thank you so much, svdl!!!

Irish posted Fri, 23 February 2007 at 2:55 PM

Your work is always fantastic!  Thanks very much!!!

:)

kobaltkween posted Fri, 23 February 2007 at 3:36 PM

thank you!  i won't be able to download it until i get home (on vacation right now), but i want to thank you now for such beautiful, versatile clothing.

kobaltkween posted Fri, 23 February 2007 at 3:36 PM

thank you!  i won't be able to download it until i get home (on vacation right now), but i want to thank you now for such beautiful, versatile clothing.

RorrKonn posted Fri, 23 February 2007 at 7:20 PM

CobaltDreams you've done enough vacationing cause you have us seeing double ;)

RorrKonn

Fazzel posted Fri, 23 February 2007 at 8:41 PM

Thank you so much.  This is wonderful.

bine posted Sat, 24 February 2007 at 12:04 AM

thank you very, very much.
wonderful clothes. :-)

Chris posted Mon, 26 February 2007 at 6:46 AM

thank you ... as always high quality stuff.

Greets

Chris 😄

"It Is Useless To Resist!" - Darth Vader

rty posted Mon, 26 February 2007 at 12:44 PM

Thanks a lot!

Dave8 posted Mon, 26 February 2007 at 2:12 PM

I can't seem to get the right stockin to work in the cloth room

Oh and thank you so much for the free clothing

bine posted Thu, 01 March 2007 at 11:46 AM

thank you **svdl** for your beautifull clothes:

pobble posted Thu, 08 March 2007 at 1:01 AM

Along with bine's very nice pic, how about some of you great posers/renderers posting some more images using this incredible set?? A search of the gallery doesn't find anything, searching on "office". (or maybe I'm doing something wrong).

pruiz posted Fri, 16 March 2007 at 6:26 AM

I am working with the garter from svdl's office pack (magnificent) and am totally stumped by the read-me command  "Magnetize the garter to Victoria 4 and run the CopyMorphs script to fit the top edge around Victoria 4's waist."
How does one "magnetize" - I have searched all the manuals and faintly remember some reference to this but can find nothing.
I have run the copy morph script and set the clips and run the simulation which works almost correctly but not quite.
So I presume not Magnetizing the garter is the problem. How do I do this please?

svdl posted Fri, 16 March 2007 at 8:12 AM

Victoria 4 comes with a set of poses in the category "Magnetize Clothing". That's what I meant with "magnetize to V4", you have to apply one of these "magnetize clothing" poses to the garter. Which one, that depends on the figure numbering of Victoria 4.

pruiz posted Fri, 16 March 2007 at 10:08 AM

I'm sorry to be dense but I have searched everywhere for these poses magnetize clothing and I just cannot find them. Could you be more precise on where to look?
Thanks - sorry to be a bother.

svdl posted Fri, 16 March 2007 at 11:25 AM

The pose folder is called Magnetize Clothing.
The pose files are called !Magnetize To V4, !Magnetize To V4 1, !Magnetize to V4 2 ... !Magnetize to V4 9.

I don't remember where the pose files originally extracted to, I immediately reorganized my libraries after installing the complete V4 bundle.

pruiz posted Fri, 16 March 2007 at 11:56 AM

Thanks I'll search again.

Honey_ZA posted Fri, 16 March 2007 at 12:03 PM

If it helps at all.  Mine is sitting under Poses > Daz's Victoria 4 > Magentize Clothing

HoNeY

pruiz posted Sat, 17 March 2007 at 5:32 AM

Thanks Honey_ZA - I found them now I have to figure out what they do and which one(s) to use.

Honey_ZA posted Sat, 17 March 2007 at 5:34 AM

You're welcome.  When you do figure them out can you let me know  :P

HoNeY

svdl posted Sat, 17 March 2007 at 9:08 AM

It's not that complicated. Victoria 4 comes loaded with a bunch of magnets that have taken over the functions of the JCM morphs in V3. The Magnetize poses apply those magnets to conforming clothing, so that a clothing maker no longer has to make JCM morphs in his/her product.
Which one to use? Well, if there's more than one Victoria 4 in your scene, they're named Victoria4, Victoria4 1, Victoria4 2 and so on. You have to use the pose that matches the number of the Victoria4 that is wearing the clothes.

Honey_ZA posted Sat, 17 March 2007 at 9:57 AM

Ahhhhh....now it makes sense.  Thank you very much for clearing that up for me.  I wasn't sure why there was 1,2,3 etc.  

Thanx for clearing that up.

:D

HoNeY

kobaltkween posted Sat, 17 March 2007 at 1:25 PM

that's not completely accurate.  i'm not sure why there's a rumor going around that v4 doesn't have jcm.  she does; in fact, she has many more than v3.  she just has some magnetized morphs, too.

quote from JoePublic on daz forms:

"V4's cr2 contains 30 JCMs and 69 (sixtynine) magnets.

V3 contains 14 JCM's and 0 ... magnets."