Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: NEWBIE: How do I add clothers to models?

Roberto_Segate opened this issue on Jan 22, 2007 · 11 posts

Roberto_Segate posted Mon, 22 January 2007 at 6:29 AM

Hi All,

I'm getting a bit frustrated as I've tried fiddling around with this but I can't get it sorted. It's a fundemental question: How do I add clothers to the models. When I try I select the clothes the model on the stage is replaced with the clothing item I chose (the same goes for hair). I know I must be missing something so I'm hoping that someone may be able to help. BTW I'm using P5.

Roberto

BAR-CODE posted Mon, 22 January 2007 at 6:34 AM

Conform to .... thats the trick ....
Load a cloth ..and then conform to ...while having the cloth selected ...

Thats all 
The way dynamic cloths work is in the manual..

Chris

IF YOU WANT TO CONTACT BAR-CODE SENT A  PM to 26FAHRENHEIT  "same person"

Chris

My Free Stuff

Roberto_Segate posted Mon, 22 January 2007 at 6:40 AM

Ah yes I see, that works BUT what about if I have some pre-defined clothes, say, skirts etc. the conform option does not work now!

BAR-CODE posted Mon, 22 January 2007 at 6:44 AM

No .. a skirt for V3 work like that ON v3 ..not on Aiko or V4 ...
Clothes work only on figures they made for...
And conforming clothes ARE predefined clothes ..V4  for V4 V3 for V3 etc etc ..

Chris 

IF YOU WANT TO CONTACT BAR-CODE SENT A  PM to 26FAHRENHEIT  "same person"

Chris

My Free Stuff

ruana posted Mon, 22 January 2007 at 6:46 AM

it sounds like you are double clicking the clothing or hair and that is when it replaces the figure, in P5 when you have selected the clothing or hair at the bottom click on the icon that says add to scene, then it will add the clothing and then you can conform it to your figure.

i think there is a setting in the prefs where you can turn off replace by double clicking but im not sure, check it out.

hope it helps!

Roberto_Segate posted Mon, 22 January 2007 at 6:47 AM

OK, it's becoming clearer... Now I've got Victoria 3 and some clothes for her, so how do I add the clothes designed for her to her?

Roberto_Segate posted Mon, 22 January 2007 at 6:49 AM

RUANA: I think this is where I've been going wrong! I'll give this a try.

Thanks

lindans posted Mon, 22 January 2007 at 9:41 AM

Yesss the old double click got us all in the beginning LOL!! Load your figure e.g. Vicky3 locate your clothes,probably in the figures folder select item (single click) then conform your clothes to the figure edit/conform to. If you have mat/morph files these can then be applied from the pose folder.:thumbupboth:

Oh, let the sun beat down upon my face. I am a traveler of both time and space ....Kashmir, Led Zeppelin

Roberto_Segate posted Mon, 22 January 2007 at 9:48 AM

Yep, DBLCLK got me! I've now added some clothes (the button that's needed in P5 is the one at the bottom of the poses/hair list on the RHS etc. called 'create new model; that confused me!). Thanks for the idea of the mat/morphs, I've not played with that; I'll give it a go.

Thanks

Simderella posted Mon, 22 January 2007 at 10:33 AM

Attached Link: Conform Tutorial

This may be a bit late, but I made this very basic tutorial ages ago. It may help :)

My Gallery

Roberto_Segate posted Mon, 22 January 2007 at 12:25 PM

Thanks for the tut, I has helped and as you know when we start with something new it's always good to have as much info as possible to hand. I'm getting to grips with P5 slowly!