Forum: MarketPlace Showcase

Subject: Particles 3/PZ--Powerful special F/X for Poser!

PoseWorks opened this issue on Jan 30, 2007 · 6 posts

PoseWorks posted Tue, 30 January 2007 at 6:59 PM

Particles 3/PZ is now available!Buy it now or upgrade from Particles 2

Create striking visual effects with Poser's quintessential effects plug-in. Particles 3/PZ provides the power to fill your renders with magic, energy, mist, smoke, fire--the possibilities are limited only by your imagination. For Poser 6 SR3 or Poser 7 only. (PC/Mac)

Features

Creation- Build your own particle figures to your exact specification using helpful wizards.

Materials- Fully-integrated with Poser's Materials Room.

Animation- Use Poser's animation tools to control your particle figure.

Tutorials- Comprehensive guide to getting started.

Content- Sixteen (16) premade particle figures, ready to splash into your scenes.

New in Particles 3/PZ- Step-by-step wizards help you build the effects you've dreamed of.

Animated Examples- Skywriting

Xena posted Tue, 30 January 2007 at 7:32 PM

Wow!

Ghostofmacbeth posted Tue, 30 January 2007 at 7:35 PM

Yes! .. I was always jealous of the full particles system since I could only use the sampler on my Mac but now there is a full version and it looks like it rocks.

PoseWorks posted Tue, 30 January 2007 at 7:41 PM

Thanks--you are correct, Particles 3/PZ is cross platform, so Mac users can now use it in addition to PC users!

Peggy_Walters posted Wed, 31 January 2007 at 8:48 AM

Are the effects exportable?  I import my Poser figures into Vue as my main rendering program.  Will the particles render in Vue?

LVS - Where Learning is Fun!  
http://www.lvsonline.com/index.html

PoseWorks posted Wed, 31 January 2007 at 1:14 PM

Particles 3 effects take the form of figures, meaning that they can be exported just like any other Poser figure can.

How successful the transfer will be depends both on the effect's reliance on procedural materials and/or sprites, and on the host software's support of those features.

I don't have Vue to test with, so I can't make any judgment calls from firsthand knowledge, but Particles 2 users did report some success in Vue and (to a lesser extent) Bryce.

DAZ does offer a 30-day satisfaction guarantee if you want to check it out and see if Particles 3/PZ will meet your needs.