Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: what is the 'best' movie format to save poser animations?

cnolte opened this issue on Feb 22, 2007 · 14 posts

cnolte posted Thu, 22 February 2007 at 9:07 AM

Hi,

My apologies if this question has been answered elsewhere in the forum; however, when I did search the poser forum I was unable to find specific answers.  My question has two parts:

(1) What is the best movie format to save poser animations, or is it better to save animations as individual images and assemble into a movie using third party software?

(2)  For playback purposes, does setting the rendering size in dimensions divisible by 8 (bits), i.e. 480 X 640, 512 X 512, etc..., improve playback performance?

To help tailor people's responses, it might be helpful to know specifically what I am doing with regards to poser animation.  I have been making scientific movies in poser to show DNA and proteins interactions in 3D.  The problem is that my final movie files are enormous and playback poorly, sometimes appearing choppy.  Part of the problem lies in the fact that I have embedded the movies into powerpoint presentations.  So I was wondering what I could do to improve the quality of the movie playback and if one format is better than another, etc...

Thanks,
Christof