Forum: Bryce

Subject: Object file not meshing right in Bryce..

tom271 opened this issue on Feb 28, 2007 · 8 posts

tom271 posted Wed, 28 February 2007 at 10:08 PM

I am working on a  WIP..   everything has been good until this last WIP.. I meshed the model to an object file just like I have been doing.. and I'm getting this... all my settings have been the same... 

is this due to some limit in mesh size.. Obj. 106,24kb..

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

tom271 posted Wed, 28 February 2007 at 11:29 PM

I think I already know what happen...  I was using Rhino v4 (EVALUATION) and I was saving in my native v.2 file form...  Well some objects became corrupted...  not everything.....  got to start over..

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Death_at_Midnight posted Wed, 28 February 2007 at 11:48 PM

Greetings Tom271. I take it the objects should've been smooth?

tom271 posted Thu, 01 March 2007 at 12:07 AM

Hi....

Corrupted objects not the file it self.....  just have to do some stuff again.... 

pakled posted Thu, 01 March 2007 at 7:00 AM

I think you can mess with smoothing in Bryce (setting the angle, etc), but probably you'd have more control in Rhino. Or failing that, make the edges hard (heck, if Wings can do that, I'm sure Rhino can..;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

tom271 posted Thu, 01 March 2007 at 1:24 PM

Thanks packle.....  No. Smoothing has nothing to do with it.....   it  just loads in like that...   The problem seemed to be my using  Rhino evaluation V.4 and my saving the work in a v.2 format only. Just a few objects in the model were effected....  No problems were observed In Meshing the work in 3DS format....    just obj. file format gave this result....

Rhino has lots of controls and remedies...  If one way doesn't seem to work there is always another way to skin that Rhino....  (an old Rhino users saying...)

pakled posted Fri, 02 March 2007 at 9:46 AM

ok...shows what I know about Rhino (other than it's outrageously expensive..;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

tom271 posted Fri, 02 March 2007 at 3:32 PM

Try out the evaluation v.4..   Rhino is a very logical and it has an easy learning curve...   yes,  it is expensive but get over it...   One bad and terrible thing about Rhino (besides the cost,, my God) is that you'll inherit a bunch of people that will attack you in the jugular vein at the mere mention of NURBs..

I just mentioned it... OH no..    so take cover....  hurry!