Forum: Vue

Subject: I am sad...Vue 2 wont work on Win2000

Obi Van opened this issue on Apr 09, 2001 ยท 4 posts

Obi Van posted Mon, 09 April 2001 at 5:18 AM

Hi, Just so that no one else do the same mistake....I just bought Computer Arts Magazine and applied for the Vue 2 installation code...got a very quick reply (in the middle of the weekend)...just to find out that it will not work on Win2000 Poor me!

MikeJ posted Mon, 09 April 2001 at 5:55 AM

Yeah, I guess it wasn't until Vue 3 that they made it to work with W2K. You're not running a dual boot setup?

Obi Van posted Mon, 09 April 2001 at 1:42 PM

Thanks for the tip about the dual-boot setup...that is of course an option....or to steel back the 133 MHZ portable that I gave to my 11 year old girl a long time ago. Anyway, I guess I will buy the real version soon anyway...I thinking about version 4 which is supposed to be out there soon (!?)or maybe Worldbuilder which is just about to release Ver 3. Just also saw in a pressrelease that Bryce 5 is planned to be shipped this summer also...choises, choises... ...and they will of course all run very smothly on Win XP!? Enjoy Sunshine in Life / Ole

Varian posted Mon, 09 April 2001 at 11:02 PM

Vue made ready for Win2K with version 3.1, so you need v.3 plus the latest update to reach 3.1 (which is current). Of course, v.4 will also work for Win2K, and that could be showing up anytime between now and Christmas, I'm guessing. As for XP....who knows? :)