Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: V4 Lashes look like yuck...

DigitalDreamsDS opened this issue on Mar 12, 2007 · 12 posts

DigitalDreamsDS posted Mon, 12 March 2007 at 7:31 AM

I know she is suposed to look super real and all... but not even a 3D model wants clumped looking lashes lmao.
I adjust the shading on the head to 0.01 - 0.05, turn off shading, and still end up with distorted lashes. 
This works for every other model.... what can I do with V4 so I can get a good render?

adp001 posted Mon, 12 March 2007 at 8:55 AM

Which texture? DAZ standard?

adp001 posted Mon, 12 March 2007 at 9:00 AM

(Click image to enlarge)

Just did a test render with DAZ standard textures. Seams not so bad for mee.

RAMWorks posted Mon, 12 March 2007 at 10:38 AM

Yea, it's all about the texture pack your applying to her.  Her eyelashes totally rock and roll, they resemble real lashes with the short ones in there now.  Not to mention all the morph options that really make them superb! 😄

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

DigitalDreamsDS posted Mon, 12 March 2007 at 11:42 AM

I'm using everything that came with V4.... it is a shading problem. I had it before with V3. But the same settings don't work with V4. I did a render in Firefly with the final settings, and it rendered fine, but took way too long.

adp001 posted Mon, 12 March 2007 at 12:02 PM

If you need a fast renderengine, you have to change the software. Poser IS slow and deals quality for speed.

DigitalDreamsDS posted Mon, 12 March 2007 at 1:56 PM

The time isn't that big of an issue.... I just want to know what settings to use so that 1 the lashes and hair wont look like crap, and 2 wont take 3 hours to render.

I'll post an image when I get home.

adp001 posted Mon, 12 March 2007 at 2:53 PM

Oh, I see.

Ok, here is what I do to get this for example:

Demo

At first: This render is done with P5!
Second: I'm using only raytraced light since P5 is available.
Third: I don't mind about rendertime (for the final image).

And at last: No real good result possible without postwork.
I just finished with writing a program for a sort of "Auto Photo Finishing". This program is used for the picture above.
The original picture, as it came out of poser, is here.

With Poser 6 (I do not use P7 so often because there are so many bugs) I'm using this to render:

Render

The most important thing in a picture is light setup. This is the whole trick. Don't use "plug & play" lightsettings. Even not for something like this (rendered with P6, postwork in Photoshop):

sample

RAMWorks posted Mon, 12 March 2007 at 3:24 PM

NICE script there.  I would like that for DAZ Studio!!  😄  Nice renders too!

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

adp001 posted Mon, 12 March 2007 at 3:42 PM

Quote - NICE script there.  I would like that for DAZ Studio!!

This script runs stand alone (packed with anything it needs to run on a Windows machine in one EXE file). Usefull for any kind of pictures. Beside of Image Enhancing you can crop and scale, and it has support for creating icons.

By the way - I need somebody able to make a nice description. I have serious problems while writing english...

RAMWorks posted Mon, 12 March 2007 at 3:46 PM

"Enhance those Poser and Studio renders with this handy tool" "Includes support for icon creation and many popular image enhancements"

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

Tashar59 posted Mon, 12 March 2007 at 4:38 PM

EF recommends to lower your bucket size to 16 to help with speed and mem. I use a shading rate of .21.

Now for closeup renders, scale your figure up 1000%  This will give you better looking lashes and hair. Increase your camera focal to 100 and move it back. These are simple and common rules for closeup renders. Poser scale is very small to any other software. That is one of the main reasons that small stuff like lashes don't render as well.