Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: FREE!!!! Apollo Maxiumus 2007 - OUT NOW!!!

Alisa opened this issue on Mar 13, 2007 · 171 posts

Alisa posted Tue, 13 March 2007 at 4:47 PM

Thought this incredible & generous gift from Anton Kisiel deserved a NEW thread!!!!

You can grab Apollo Maximus 2007 at Anton's site:

http://www.antonkisieldesigns.com/

Click on "Apollo free" on the right

Still to come are the clothing cr2s.  I'll add a new post in this thread when they are there (or someone will :))

-Alisa

Cheers,
Alisa

RETIRED HiveWire 3D QAV Director

Casette posted Tue, 13 March 2007 at 4:53 PM

THANKS !!! :woot:

CASETTE
=======
"Poser isn't a SOFTWARE... it's a RELIGION!"

Alisa posted Tue, 13 March 2007 at 5:05 PM

You're welcome!! 

PLEASE NOTE - you need to jot down the password in order to unzip the files
Part 4 will be added later - Anton's taking a well deserved nap!

Also, be sure to read the readmes and terms of usage on Anton's site!!!!

Cheers,
Alisa

jefsview posted Tue, 13 March 2007 at 5:17 PM

You beat me here, Alisa :)

Joy, joy, joy!

-- Jeff

Alisa posted Tue, 13 March 2007 at 5:24 PM

LOL :-)  I also hit a few other sites (let's see...RDNA Community Gifts, Poser Pros FreeStuff, & FaerieWyde's Faerie Gifts, where someone already had a thread there that's got a sticky)

:biggrin:

Gotta spread the good news!!

Cheers,
Alisa

wheatpenny posted Tue, 13 March 2007 at 5:31 PM Site Admin

Thanks. I'm rally glad Anton decided to make this available for those of us with limited resources.

Jeff

Renderosity Senior Moderator

Hablo español

Ich spreche Deutsch

Je parle français

Mi parolas Esperanton. Ĉu vi?

Byrdie posted Tue, 13 March 2007 at 5:55 PM

There's a password? Have not found it yet. Where?

Nvlonewulf posted Tue, 13 March 2007 at 6:04 PM

If I remember correctly the password is just below the download links.

The only thing I don't procrastinate is procrastinating. That I do right away.

Byrdie posted Tue, 13 March 2007 at 6:08 PM

Yep, i have it now.  :thumbupboth: THANK YOU, ANTON!!!

rockets posted Tue, 13 March 2007 at 6:10 PM

Thanks Anton...what a wonderful gift you've given us!

Btw everyone, the downloads went very quickly!

My idea of rebooting is kicking somebody in the butt twice!

kuroyume0161 posted Tue, 13 March 2007 at 6:59 PM

I'm having difficulty downloading the files from divShare.  When Anton wakes up, maybe he'd like me to set up an FTP account and he can provide a download links page and the files on my site to avoid using a sucky download site.

Update: Firefox (2.0) is failing to start the download.  Explorer works.

C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, you blow your whole leg off.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

Contact Me | Kuroyume's DevelopmentZone

Darboshanski posted Tue, 13 March 2007 at 7:00 PM

Many thanks for Apollo!!

My Facebook Page

tom271 posted Tue, 13 March 2007 at 7:10 PM

I'm still learning in dribs and drabs Poser....  I downloaded part 1 and look for the famous text file that tells me how to install it... no such instructions... I also know that normally one would unzip the files into the "poser" folder... But that is not always true.. 

Is there an installation advice with these files...  ?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

wheatpenny posted Tue, 13 March 2007 at 7:22 PM Site Admin

Quote - Is there an installation advice with these files...  ?

Just unzip into whatever runtime you want to put it in. All the files have the right hierarchy to work in Poser. I just unzipped them to a folder called ApolloMax, then added that as an external runtime in P6.

Jeff

Hablo español

Ich spreche Deutsch

Je parle français

Dajadues posted Tue, 13 March 2007 at 7:35 PM

What kind of cloths & support does the character have?

Hopefully, he has more than one outfit. ;)

wheatpenny posted Tue, 13 March 2007 at 7:42 PM Site Admin

Poserworld has a number of Apollo Max things
And I think there's some available in the MP

Jeff

Hablo español

Ich spreche Deutsch

Je parle français

Dajadues posted Tue, 13 March 2007 at 7:45 PM

Thanks. I just downloaded him. I'm give him a try.

MachineClaw posted Tue, 13 March 2007 at 7:47 PM

Quote - What kind of cloths & support does the character have?

Hopefully, he has more than one outfit. ;)

ApolloMax 2007 will once al the files go up have 3 sets of Epic Clothing that Anton created, a bodysuit, a beard/scalp, facemasks all that is included.

RuntimeDNA.com has a whole section of ApolloMax related items.  Go to Store then search By Figure and look for ApolloMax 2005 section.  2 or 3 sets of clothing there plus the scare monster morphs.

pdxjims has some free clothing items here in Rendersoty freestuff as well as a product or 2 in the store.

Poserworld.com has ApolloMax clothing items.

as far as clothing items there haven't been a plethera of clothing items.

About Anton's Epic Clothing that comes with ApolloMax 2007.  ALL the items are interchangable.  so 3 sets of clothing but many interchangable combinations.  All have scaling and morphs built into the clothing items.

thats all I can remember off the top of my head abut clothing.

Dajadues posted Tue, 13 March 2007 at 7:49 PM

Sounds awesome. I'll have a look around after I get him installed. lol.

alt1701 posted Tue, 13 March 2007 at 8:09 PM

WOW!! thanks!

Mogwa posted Tue, 13 March 2007 at 8:46 PM

Thanks for the heads up and the link. It doesn't get any better than broadband and great free stuff.

mamba-negra posted Tue, 13 March 2007 at 8:51 PM Online Now!

Yay! He does look great!

I hope lots of folks support him. I'm really tired of mike 3 and his suit with the baloony shoulders! As long as we have the basics covered- Suit, pants, various types of shirts and some shorts, I'll be happy with my poser family! Woohoo!

jefsview posted Tue, 13 March 2007 at 8:53 PM

The clothing will be in Part 4 (link not yet active). Right now, Parts 1, 2 and 3 include the base figure, skins, poses, and materials for the clothes. But Anton had trouble uploading the files with timeouts, etc. So Part 4 -- the Epic CLothing LIbrary and other stuff, will be coming probably within a day or so.

-- Jeff

jefsview posted Tue, 13 March 2007 at 8:54 PM

Quote - Yay! He does look great!

I hope lots of folks support him. I'm really tired of mike 3 and his suit with the baloony shoulders! As long as we have the basics covered- Suit, pants, various types of shirts and some shorts, I'll be happy with my poser family! Woohoo!

Almost all the basics.

Anton will be releasing an Epic CLothing Library Vol 4 in the very near future, which I hope covers the suit. Or perhaps Poserworld is making one. I did ask Poserworld for specific clothing items, and they were just waiting for the new release :)

-- Jeff

Byrdie posted Tue, 13 March 2007 at 8:59 PM

Would like to see some Wizard/Jedi type robes for him. I know there's always Wardrobe Wizard or the like, but still ...

DarkEdge posted Tue, 13 March 2007 at 9:33 PM

wow.
many thanks anton.

and thanks to all of those that kept us abreast of the happenings!
😉

Comitted to excellence through art.

pakled posted Tue, 13 March 2007 at 9:41 PM

hmm..I must state that I and others are extremely grateful that something like this has been made available. I don't have any intention to use Apollo stuff for someone else, or someone elses' (unless it's my created stuff), but I'm worried I'll @#$% up and get in trouble. I wouldn't do this intentionally, but with hundreds of things loaded, I can't rule it out. If it don't fit, I'm in deep @#$%...

Thanks for all your hard work to date. Can't complain..;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

Alisa posted Tue, 13 March 2007 at 10:31 PM

Quote - I'm having difficulty downloading the files from divShare.  When Anton wakes up, maybe he'd like me to set up an FTP account and he can provide a download links page and the files on my site to avoid using a sucky download site.

Update: Firefox (2.0) is failing to start the download.  Explorer works.

It's always so weird to me how some people can get things and others can't, using the same internet and the same browser!   I had no problems using Firefox2 (but have been in your shoes before!).

However, for those who are having trouble, the plan is to have it available in a number of places.  This was just the start.  Hang tight !

Cheers,
Alisa

jefsview posted Tue, 13 March 2007 at 10:50 PM

Quote - hmm..I must state that I and others are extremely grateful that something like this has been made available. I don't have any intention to use Apollo stuff for someone else, or someone elses' (unless it's my created stuff), but I'm worried I'll @#$% up and get in trouble. I wouldn't do this intentionally, but with hundreds of things loaded, I can't rule it out. If it don't fit, I'm in deep @#$%...

Thanks for all your hard work to date. Can't complain..;)

Don't fret about it. If you intend to make something and then have concerns about it, just ask Anton himself if's its okay or not (before release). It's painless and he really doesn't bite :)

You can use him in any rendering scenerios. If you make something for Apollo, that's perfectly legit. But if you make a new human figure and think you might have borrowed something, just ask Anton before release. That's all he's asking.

-- Jeff

pjz99 posted Tue, 13 March 2007 at 11:06 PM

Excellent news, thank you for posting about it.  I've been waiting for this for quite a while!

My Freebies

billy423uk posted Wed, 14 March 2007 at 12:08 AM

thanks for the generosity, it seems you made a lot of people happy, including me.

billy

Faery_Light posted Wed, 14 March 2007 at 1:07 AM

thanks for posting this. And a Big thank you to Anton for the generosity.

Let me introduce you to my multiple personalities. :)
     BluEcho...Faery_Light...Faery_Souls.

jartz posted Wed, 14 March 2007 at 1:56 AM

I agree.

Many thanks to Anton for his great generosity.

JB

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Asus N50-600 - Intel Core i5-8400 CPU @ 2.80GHz · Windows 10 Home/11 upgrade 64-bit · 16GB DDR4 RAM · 1TB SSD and 1TB HDD; Graphics: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1060 - 6GB GDDR5 VRAM; Software: Poser Pro 11x

Frisketus posted Wed, 14 March 2007 at 2:03 AM

Thank you, Anton.

LostinSpaceman posted Wed, 14 March 2007 at 3:28 AM

Just a word of advice here, all the content can go in any runtime you choose to put Apollo into, but his Faceroom Modual MUST be installed in your main Poser runtime, be it Poser 5, 6 or 7. Faceroom Data must be in the main Poser runtime.

HAWK999 posted Wed, 14 March 2007 at 4:40 AM

Thank you very much Anton It is a great gift. Jean-Luc

Indoda posted Wed, 14 March 2007 at 5:47 AM

Wow Thank you so much Anton. Such an easy d/l very fast

The important thing is not to stop questioning.
- Albert Einstein

Indoda

hmatienzo posted Wed, 14 March 2007 at 8:10 AM

This is all I get:
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'ORDER BY file_weight ASC, file_date_time DESC LIMIT 0, 6' at lin

Yes, the last line is incomplete for me.  Bummer...  :-(

L'ultima fòrza è nella morte.

RawArt posted Wed, 14 March 2007 at 8:20 AM

Attached Link: RawArt3d

we have a new apollo freebie by PDXJIMS now available at [www.rawart3d.com](http://www.rawart3d.com) for anyone interested.

BastBlack posted Wed, 14 March 2007 at 2:10 PM

I was able to download from FireFox 2 without trouble. And I used stuffit 10 to decode on the Mac.

I already own Apollo, but not some of the goodies, new features, and the Face Room plug-in.

Also, there are some useful things in the Readme file including the Mimic config file, so don't delete that folder until you look at it!  ^^;;;

bB

wheatpenny posted Wed, 14 March 2007 at 2:37 PM Site Admin

I had no trouble at all downloading with Firefox, and using WinRar to open the zips.

Jeff

Hablo español

Ich spreche Deutsch

Je parle français

jefsview posted Wed, 14 March 2007 at 2:38 PM

Anton is working on the Part 4 zip, which includes the clothing and new materials. He'll also be uploading P4 style MATs for those Daz|Studio users. Give him another day or so :)

-- Jeff

kuroyume0161 posted Wed, 14 March 2007 at 2:39 PM

No idea why Firefox was stubborn about it - it appears that the advert at the site just kept loading and loading which caused any forward progress (like initiating the download) to be stiffled.  I've been having strangeness with Firefox since updating to 2.0 never completing the loading of sites (the little circling thing on the tab keeps going and going even though the page is done).  Maybe it's a Windows situation - or something went 'kaboom' on my system (my mouse has been totally freezing here and there lately with the only solution being a reboot).  Not hardware (as best can be determined).  It's like Windows lost its mind.  System age might be catching up with me. :)

C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, you blow your whole leg off.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

carodan posted Wed, 14 March 2007 at 2:45 PM

Hey Rawnrr, is there a problem with your store ? I just tried a credit card purchase and got an error asking me for a CW2 code, but nowhere to enter one. No checkout page where I can enter details at all in fact. I tried re-registering as a customer but no use. I left a message in your forum and filled out a contact form too.
Love to spend some money but the store isn't playing.

PoserPro2014(Sr4), Win7 x64, display units set to inches.

www.danielroseartnew.weebly.com

AntoniaTiger posted Wed, 14 March 2007 at 2:53 PM

Quote - You're welcome!! 

PLEASE NOTE - you need to jot down the password in order to unzip the files
Part 4 will be added later - Anton's taking a well deserved nap!

Also, be sure to read the readmes and terms of usage on Anton's site!!!!

Password!? I can't even read the page; in Opera it comes out as very pale blue on while [checks preferences] and I am set to use the page colours for text and background. I'm going to have another look, but there's a lot of site out there which seem to let cute graphics design overtake legibility.

AntoniaTiger posted Wed, 14 March 2007 at 3:07 PM

Finally got a legible result: the big sub-frame behaves as if the background colour isn't specified, but the font colour is. So it picks up the general background-default setting I have, and uses that with the font colour.

Alisa posted Wed, 14 March 2007 at 3:38 PM

UPDATE:
Anton has just added Poser 4 mat files which can also be used in Daz Studio.

At the same link as the others :). Click on APOLLO FREE on the left at:

http://www.antonkisieldesigns.com/

Quote - No idea why Firefox was stubborn about it - it appears that the advert at the site just kept loading and loading which caused any forward progress (like initiating the download) to be stiffled.  I've been having strangeness with Firefox since updating to 2.0 never completing the loading of sites (the little circling thing on the tab keeps going and going even though the page is done).  Maybe it's a Windows situation - or something went 'kaboom' on my system (my mouse has been totally freezing here and there lately with the only solution being a reboot).  Not hardware (as best can be determined).  It's like Windows lost its mind.  System age might be catching up with me. :)

Heh - Windows ALWAYS loses its mind :-).  But no, it's not just this - I have Windows XP pro, Firefox 2 and no problems.  Must be something else, but I sure don't know what.... 

Cheers,
Alisa

RawArt posted Wed, 14 March 2007 at 5:17 PM

Quote - Hey Rawnrr, is there a problem with your store ? I just tried a credit card purchase and got an error asking me for a CW2 code, but nowhere to enter one. No checkout page where I can enter details at all in fact. I tried re-registering as a customer but no use. I left a message in your forum and filled out a contact form too.
Love to spend some money but the store isn't playing.

There was a temporary glitch with our credit card processing service, but its all ironed out now...everything should be working fine.

Rawn

carodan posted Wed, 14 March 2007 at 5:50 PM

Thanks Rawn - picked up those Apollo items at last.

Dan

Alisa posted Wed, 14 March 2007 at 5:58 PM

Here's a render using RawArt's Brutus Ultimus & Alicia Hair. (click for a bigger version).  I got it a long time ago, but am just getting around to really testing out Apollo.  It's a great texture

Cheers,
Alisa

mamba-negra posted Wed, 14 March 2007 at 7:47 PM Online Now!

Yep, I was admiring some of those textures too:) There are some nice things hidden away for AM!

Hyria posted Wed, 14 March 2007 at 10:12 PM

I got him. Way cool :)

Insanity is a waking state...Darkness is a being...Want To Play.........heheheheh

byAnton posted Thu, 15 March 2007 at 2:41 AM

Hi guys.

Thanks very much for the support and spreading the word. I wanted to pop over and say thank you personally to each of you for your support and I hope you enjoy it. :thumbupboth:

I am starting a free non-commercial newsletter on my site and people can sign up there.

PS:If anyone would like to host this banner above here is the code. The more who find him and use him, the more likely the content.

this bb code will embed th banner as a clickable link

[url=http://www.antonkisieldesigns.com][img]http://www.antonkisieldesigns.com/~akfiles/banners/free3dposerhumanmaleapollomaximus.gif[/img][/url]

here is the html code to embed the banner as a clickable link aligned center

-Anton, creator of Apollo Maximus
"Conviction without truth is denial; Denial in the face of truth is concealment."

Over 100,000 Downloads....

DarkAngel612 posted Thu, 15 March 2007 at 5:38 PM

In this coding you need to add the part in red or like his in his siggie will give you a site not found....and we know he is there...LOL

Anton hun, I am DarkAngel from DreamSlayer Artworks and I will be placing your banner in our site....the index page so Thanks so much for the freebie.

CuteMonger posted Thu, 15 March 2007 at 6:19 PM

Just amazing. Your generosity is ... is .. too much!

pjz99 posted Thu, 15 March 2007 at 8:29 PM

Wee, it works!

My Freebies

infinity10 posted Thu, 15 March 2007 at 11:03 PM

darkangel612 -
got that revised HTML link code for the banner. 

Anton -
banner link will be up soon at my web places:
http://www.forbidden-lovers.net
and
http://www.genjyosanzo.net

Eternal Hobbyist

drifterlee posted Fri, 16 March 2007 at 1:42 AM

I wondered where the clothes were. Will the old Apollo's  lothes and textures fit?

jenay posted Fri, 16 March 2007 at 5:58 AM

many thanks for that nice gift :)
I downloaded him, but still found no time to use him. 
maybe this weekend :)

wolf359 posted Fri, 16 March 2007 at 7:12 AM

Great freebie

NO realistic muscle morphs  but a great freebie!!!!!

very GENEROUS

THANKS ANTON!!

My website

YouTube Channel

wolf359 posted Fri, 16 March 2007 at 7:12 AM

My website

YouTube Channel

LostinSpaceman posted Fri, 16 March 2007 at 8:43 AM

Geez! Looking at him next to M2, the muscles on his arms and legs look just plain wrong! More like elephantitis or water weight than actual muscles! I think though that Apollo's definition is supposed to come from better displacement maps aren't they? I don'tthink I've ever dialed up that much muscle on any of my figures.

jenay posted Fri, 16 March 2007 at 10:07 AM

ooops - I just noticed the filesize:
the cr2 alone is 27 MB in size - the corresponding OBJ-file has 4.5 MB
hmmm ..  doubt if my PC can handle this ...

any recommendations about the system needed ???
(I am still on a AMD Sempron 1.8 GHz, 512 MB RAM, Windows XP) ... sigh

Alisa posted Fri, 16 March 2007 at 11:42 AM

Quote - I wondered where the clothes were. Will the old Apollo's  lothes and textures fit?

drifterlee, they will work, but if they had morphs built in, they won't have the NEW morphs built in, so you'd have to use something like Morph Manager to do that. (haven't ever used it, but lots of folks have)

Quote - ooops - I just noticed the filesize:
the cr2 alone is 27 MB in size - the corresponding OBJ-file has 4.5 MB
hmmm ..  doubt if my PC can handle this ...

any recommendations about the system needed ???
(I am still on a AMD Sempron 1.8 GHz, 512 MB RAM, Windows XP) ... sigh

Give him a try, jenay - he seems to be pretty easy on resources. 

Cheers,
Alisa

StevieG1965 posted Fri, 16 March 2007 at 12:09 PM

Quote - Anton is working on the Part 4 zip, which includes the clothing and new materials. He'll also be uploading P4 style MATs for those Daz|Studio users. Give him another day or so :)

-- Jeff

Heya Jeff,

Any word on the last zip file?  I have an open free weekend and am going to be going Apollo crazy! :woot:

Alisa posted Fri, 16 March 2007 at 12:32 PM

Quote - [quote

Heya Jeff,

Any word on the last zip file?  I have an open free weekend and am going to be going Apollo crazy! :woot:

I'm not Jeff, but the answer's no.  Anton will let us know, though, and one of us who's following the CP threads will definitely post here when it's ready.  I think Anton's pretty busy answering questions, and I know he wants to get them all done before releasing it.  I know it's hard to be patient  :)

Cheers,
Alisa

StevieG1965 posted Fri, 16 March 2007 at 12:54 PM

Oh, no, not meaning to put an air of pressure.  I know Anton was kinda miffed he didn't have it set for the intial release.  Was just curious if he mentioned it in the past couple of days.

jefsview posted Fri, 16 March 2007 at 1:30 PM

stevieG, Anton just posted that Part 4, which includes the clothing, skinsuit, scalp/beard and facial sfx figures should be released before the end of this weekend.

Not much longer :)

-- Jeff

Alisa posted Fri, 16 March 2007 at 2:18 PM

hee hee...I just was coming over to post this :)

Cheers,
Alisa

carodan posted Fri, 16 March 2007 at 3:06 PM

Just wanted to post these here, re-beefed up muscle men or Freak-style characters.  I know some definition of the muscle groups may need some displacement enhancement (come on all you people with Z-Brush!)

carodan posted Fri, 16 March 2007 at 3:15 PM

carodan posted Fri, 16 March 2007 at 3:16 PM

twitchew posted Fri, 16 March 2007 at 4:14 PM

got my great new figure from anton with both IE and firefox.
The only trouble I had is that i can't use the installer in content tab because of the password. 
So I have to actually LEARN how to use poser all over again (the learning curve was mentioned loud and clear in other posts), any tutorials for the unwashed?

(hey there is my first texture idea!)

again this is great and very exciting to see.

byAnton posted Fri, 16 March 2007 at 4:44 PM

I also just want to pop this in this thread where it will be seen by all. Not directed to anyone here.

**Contact.....
**I can be contacted through my site or antonkisiel@verizon.net of anyone needs assistance.

Regarding installation.........
This is a new install for everyone. Do not install the new files over the old ones. Simply start afresh.

Do not use Posers content tab for installation.

Mac users may need to shorted the zip names a bit before unzipping.

Regarding Newsletter..
Go to the ask Anton section of my site and mention "newsletter". The free non-commercial newsletter will be once a month.

Regarding the download links....

On the download page for each download, it shows where traffic is coming from. Those are logged by direct linking/access the download page, some that has bypassed my site. My site should,. for the most part, be the only one listed. I see Daz, Renderosity and a couple other Poser sites have been listed as being directly linked from..

Direct links to the download, bypassing my site, transmitted via email or PM, IM, etc will list the server domain they come from.

Just a reminder that I have asked people not to transmit direct links to the download. Please just direct people to my site. Please do not transmit the direct links. If someone has problems seeing them, please just have them email me at antonkisiel@verizon.net

Even though these files are free, please respect the direct links as if they were commercial product links.

Thank you for your cooperation. Part4 containing the ClothingCr2's will be available this weekend.

Cheers.

PS: I am fixed the link in my sig banner.

"Conviction without truth is denial; Denial in the face of truth is concealment."

byAnton posted Fri, 16 March 2007 at 6:23 PM

If anyone would like to host an Apollo banner to help spread the word, either for their APollo products/content or just to spread the word, I would love to see people host banners. This is the code for to embed the banner below.

BB CODE for sigs and bb forums.

[url=http://www.antonkisieldesigns.com][img]http://www.antonkisieldesigns.com/~akfiles/banners/free3dposerhumanmaleapollomaximus.gif[/img][/url]

here is the html code to embed the banner as a clickable link aligned center

HTML CODE for Sigs and web pages

carodan posted Fri, 16 March 2007 at 8:01 PM

I realised I didn't finish my post before. It should have read:

I know some definition of the muscle groups may need some displacement enhancement (come on all you people with Z-Brush!), but I think it's also possible to push those scale and morph dials to extremes that do end up distorting Apollo's mesh and so make his physique look unnatural (as it would be with all figures - moreso I'd say). Does this mean that his muscles can't look realistic? Not in my opinion. 
I hope my last renders go some way to illustrate this.

drifterlee posted Fri, 16 March 2007 at 8:22 PM

What is the big difference between this new Apollo and the 2005 update Apollo?

carodan posted Fri, 16 March 2007 at 8:41 PM

Just between the Cr2's, the 2007 version has  loads of new ADS Scale dials and new body and face morphs, in addition to the ones he had before. He is also fully functional in D/S.
But there are also new texture maps, updated displacement, new utility poses and python scripts, the peviously unreleased Poser Faceroom module (only non EF/CP figure to have this), hair,  etc - plus all of Antons products that he released for Apollo (Epic clothing volumes, Bonelord, Demonicus). Note - Anton's still adding the new morphs to some of the Cr2s (to be released this weekend or soon thereafter.
I probably missed something, but it is a significant development on the 2005 version.

LostinSpaceman posted Fri, 16 March 2007 at 10:58 PM

Funny! I was going to say that the big difference was between his legs! LOL! His new default genitals no longer look like those of a premature infant or someone who's just finished swimming in a pool full of icewater!

jefsview posted Fri, 16 March 2007 at 11:32 PM

His genitals have always been the same size. The ADS (scale) dials just had it set under so he wouldn't scare anyone :)

-- Jeff

keelin posted Sat, 17 March 2007 at 4:26 AM

~hugs Anton~ Thank you!

darth_poserus posted Sat, 17 March 2007 at 5:53 AM

I'd just like to give a big thank you to anton. And, say sorry for the pm anton.

"I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge." Albert Einstein

Free the freebies!

byAnton posted Sat, 17 March 2007 at 10:46 AM

no worries. darth.

Here is the new html download page. Just click this duplicate banner above^^^

This page CAN be posted in forums and such. Just not the zip urls and passwords.

Thanks Carodan and LeeMoon for allowing me touse some of their wonderful renders. credits at the bottom.

Cheers.

Alisa posted Sat, 17 March 2007 at 11:15 AM

UPDATE - there's a new site link that is very easy to follow and is non-flash:

APOLLO'S DOWNLOAD PAGE

Cheers,
Alisa

ruby_dragon posted Sat, 17 March 2007 at 11:16 AM

Thanks for the heads up! I've yet to work with Apollo, what's the figure like? He looks awesome! (Gotta love those beefy arms..) ;-)

*hugs*
-Jen Dyck

carodan posted Sat, 17 March 2007 at 11:21 AM

ruby_dragon - He's like...so many things. He can BE so many characters - if there was a definition of a true male base figure in the dictionary, his picture would be next to it. My opinion of course.

byAnton posted Sun, 18 March 2007 at 1:11 AM

Quote - Thanks for the heads up! I've yet to work with Apollo, what's the figure like? He looks awesome! (Gotta love those beefy arms..) ;-)

Just go download him. :)

jefsview posted Sun, 18 March 2007 at 3:13 PM

Just a reminder to all those of you who have downloaded Apollo 2007: PART 4, the clothing, and other accessories, will be released sometime today/tonight (Sunday).

Also, Please enourage you favorite venders to download Apollo so he can have some new skins and shoes and clothing :)  With over 5000 downloads -- there's a nice size user base and marketshare. So, make some money -- support Apollo!  :)

-- Jeff

drifterlee posted Sun, 18 March 2007 at 6:55 PM

Will Hogwarden's Quickmat work with Apollo?

darth_poserus posted Sun, 18 March 2007 at 9:05 PM

How do you get the banner link thing to work?

I tried to put it on my site but it didn't work. As you can see in my siggy here for example, What I did is simply cut and pasted the code you can now see in my siggy, but it doesn't show the banner graphic. Obviously I'm doing something wrong, any help would be most appreciated.

"I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge." Albert Einstein

Free the freebies!

drifterlee posted Sun, 18 March 2007 at 9:34 PM

I linked to his download page. see my page www.dreamscape3d.com

I will take a peak at the banner.

ClawShrimp posted Sun, 18 March 2007 at 9:41 PM

Carodan, that 'Freak' style morph is fantastic!

Is this straight Apollo or did you use the Cole morphs as well?

If the former, I'd love to get hold of this. It's just begging for some Incredible Hulk fan art (with some tweaking, of course).

I stand by the comment in my favourite artists list, you are the MASTER of morphing.

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominos will fall like a house of cards...checkmate!

drifterlee posted Sun, 18 March 2007 at 9:44 PM

Okay, check my site again at the bottom of the page is the link. You must insert the code without any wordwrap after your last table and before the body tag. Make sure the code is exactly as Anton wrote it with no extra spaces. See, I got it to work. try again. www.dreamscape3d.com

darth_poserus posted Mon, 19 March 2007 at 8:11 AM

Woohoo! I finally got something to work right!

Now if I can just figure out how to get rid of that red line. LOL

Free the freebies!

carodan posted Mon, 19 March 2007 at 1:35 PM

ClawShrimp - the Freak-style morph is all default Apollo. In fact it was using only the 2007 scale dials with the original 2005 morphs (I was testing the scales before the new morphs had been done). I should be able to improve on it.
What I'm planning is an ADS character set using just Apollo 2007 (no Cole this time) with a full range of body types and ages. This will take some time.

ClawShrimp posted Mon, 19 March 2007 at 5:45 PM

Take your time Carodan! You can't rush genius ;).

I'm personally having problems scaling Apollo's hands. How did you do it? When I scale them larger they contort and deform.

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominos will fall like a house of cards...checkmate!

carodan posted Mon, 19 March 2007 at 5:50 PM

Try thinking in terms of scaling Down the rest of his body. There are limits, but I got less distortion with a large hands to body ratio that way. Worth a try.

DarkEdge posted Mon, 19 March 2007 at 6:30 PM

those figures were crazy carodan.
nice work. 😉

great advice about scaling down other body parts to make the whole look larger. deceptive indeed. you have a great character there.

Comitted to excellence through art.

ClawShrimp posted Mon, 19 March 2007 at 6:43 PM

Thank you Carodan. I would never have thought of that.

jefsview posted Tue, 20 March 2007 at 1:53 AM

Part 4 of the Apollo download should be out by Wednesday after some slight set backs.

Check back soon to get the most out of your Apollo!

-- Jeff

kuroyume0161 posted Tue, 20 March 2007 at 2:34 AM

Thanks for the updates, Jeff!!  :)

I've been checking this thread on and off to see if Part 4 is available yet.

And if I haven't mentioned it already: Thank you extremely much, Anton!  I have purchased all incarnations of AM and this has to be the most useable and flexible Poser human figure to date.

Robert

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

jenay posted Tue, 20 March 2007 at 8:07 AM

I added a link to my "Favorite Links" - section.

http://www.joes3dfantasyworlds.com/contact/links.htm

jerr3d posted Tue, 20 March 2007 at 10:34 PM

One of the clothes paks is available now! ^ ^ thanks Anton! i dont know which one cause i am downloading it now lol

byAnton posted Tue, 20 March 2007 at 10:48 PM

K while I work on help pages, Faq, and an online read me, enjoy these. The other volumes will go up tomorrow.

Notes on Clothing:

-Each clothing item has special morph in the Body spection for different effects

-Turn off IK when conforming

-Don't conform scaled figures

-no textures for this so please make some.

Enjoy!!

Notes on Morphs:

-"On" morphs are complete looks. Zero one before dialing another.

-"Add" morphs can be dialed in addition to the "on" morphs.

-"No" morphs remove details

-"Fit" morphs assist in fitting and shapping options.

Enjoy!!

Note: The flySeam is now off by default.

-You can re-add the fly seam, remove the belt, remove the loops, remove the cuffs, add a new look, change wrinkle styles, etc etc.

-Just go look for the various morphs in the top of the clothing "BODY" Channels.

-And remember.. you can save clothing configurations/loos as ADS POSES!

leather-guy posted Tue, 20 March 2007 at 10:52 PM

Epic Clothing Pak 03 is up on Anton's site - A pair of modern pants, a tank top/A-shirt/muscle-shirt, a pair of shoes and a pair of boots.    Paks 01 and 02 are expected up and available tomorrow after Anton's finished composing some FAQ and info pages to resolve some of the questions being posted over and over in various forums.
Very strong request - read the download page(s), and all documentation before installing, or at least before using - who knows, you might learn something, like the best way to use assets in the downloads  ;-]

byAnton posted Tue, 20 March 2007 at 10:59 PM

Thanks for posting leather-guy.

Everyone explore the morphs in the clothes and experiment with the different options. You can remove/add details, tick the shirt in or out, tuck the cuffs in or out, riase the socks, etc etc.

Youc an even give the sole a really clunky chunky thick sole.

Casette posted Wed, 21 March 2007 at 4:04 AM

Awesome!!!!

CASETTE
=======
"Poser isn't a SOFTWARE... it's a RELIGION!"

Byrdie posted Wed, 21 March 2007 at 1:06 PM

Wow! Did I say "Thank You", Anton? Well, I'm saying it again. This is marvelous!

Lyne posted Wed, 21 March 2007 at 2:02 PM

so for my little dyslexic brain....I need to download the clothes "again" (from when I bought them at RDNA) so they will have the morphs in them.... but they WILL work with the texture sets I have for them?....and "of course" the SKIN texture sets I bought will work with the new figure, right?

Thanks! :)

Life Requires Assembly and we all know how THAT goes!

byAnton posted Wed, 21 March 2007 at 2:09 PM

Yes. These are new cr2's with all the new morphs in Apollo's 2007 release. There are also many maany new scaling options.

All previous textures will work.

Previous APollo Owners should do a full reinstall.

Lyne posted Wed, 21 March 2007 at 2:23 PM

Attached Link: http://www.lynescreations.com/links1.htm

Thanks, Anton! :) *waves* :) I figured out how to save the gif ....see attached link! :)

Lyne

byAnton posted Wed, 21 March 2007 at 2:33 PM

Awesome Lyne. Thanks so much. I really appreciate it.
You can use this link too
http://www.antonkisieldesigns.com/~akfiles/htmlpages/ApolloMaximusFree3dhumanfigure.htm

raelislington posted Wed, 21 March 2007 at 2:35 PM

Don't forget! from Anton: "I included a new Apollo cr2 that corrects a small bug on my part where dialing new FBM's were moving the Iris morph. Just drop the files and say yes to all overwrites."

Thanks for fixing that, Anton! ^__^

byAnton posted Wed, 21 March 2007 at 2:41 PM

Thanks for catching it. Was an easy fix.

Lyne posted Wed, 21 March 2007 at 4:52 PM

Okay..updated my links page...also updated my Index page and my main Favorites page to include the word "freebies" as that draws more people in via all my pages. :)

byAnton posted Thu, 22 March 2007 at 12:54 AM

Thanks Lyne. I'll be doing a links page too and will return the favor.

Btw: Volume 01 Just went Live!!!!
http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?thread_id=2690506

ice-boy posted Mon, 16 April 2007 at 5:55 AM

does someoen know where can i get free underwear for apollo?

thanks

ice-boy posted Tue, 17 April 2007 at 5:19 AM

can i get underwear that looks something like this this for free?

saus69 posted Tue, 17 April 2007 at 9:16 AM

I just got hold of Apollo and this is by far the best male figure for poser ever! However I feel there's a shortage of good clothes. Most stuff out there is for kinky porn.. I'm looking for more practical everyday clothes, like a business suit with tie or tuxedo. Are there any?

I also tried zeroing the figure with the joint editor, but he ended up with arms crooked. I've already turned off inverse kinematics on both legs but this still happens. Is this the correct way to zero him?

byAnton posted Tue, 17 April 2007 at 4:07 PM

Hey there.

His arms are modelled bent. If you want the typical T pose there are some in the pose folder. Cheers!

sandmarine posted Tue, 17 April 2007 at 5:23 PM

downloading... any images of Apollo as a child or as a female?? I just can't imagine such a beefy guy transgendering, but find the idea amazing.. pretty much, with one figure you'd need no other one... pretty much like having Luke, M3, Laura, V3 and the Freak (and more) all rolled into one character...  I see how this would make tons of people happy, and some other people really concerned...

well, will have to see by myself, almost done downloading.. thanks a ton, Anton!

carodan posted Tue, 17 April 2007 at 6:15 PM

Child characters arn't a problem with Apollo's Scaling and morphs. The female morph is a trickier beast and really requires specific rigging for the chest (breasts). It's possible but in a limited sense.

There are ADS poses in the default Apollo ADS pose folder (soon to be updated I think) that have options for younger characters. Check out the freebies at the Apollo content viewer (via the Apollo download page) for more character poses.

ice-boy posted Wed, 18 April 2007 at 7:49 AM

it says tha tteh shorts are free.
http://www.contentparadise.com/us/user/apollo_maximum_shorts_and_shirt_product_18946
 but i dont know how to download it.
can someone send me the shorts?

thank you.

byAnton posted Wed, 18 April 2007 at 7:58 AM

It does say atthe bottom that they are just maps though. You should be able to add it to your cart. Perhaps emal them?.

ice-boy posted Wed, 18 April 2007 at 8:25 AM

Quote - It does say atthe bottom that they are just maps though. You should be able to add it to your cart. Perhaps emal them?.

will try

thanks

Alisa posted Wed, 18 April 2007 at 11:42 AM

Hi, ice-boy -

As Anton said, you can just add these to your cart at Content Paradise.

However,  they're textures for another product, and you need to buy that product in order to use the textures. 

They are for Maximus Wear - Vol 1 - UnderGear, and you can find that here:

http://www.runtimedna.com/mod/bcs/index.php?ViewProduct=716

-Alisa

Cheers,
Alisa

ice-boy posted Wed, 18 April 2007 at 12:34 PM

thanks for everything.
but i found my underwear.

byAnton posted Wed, 18 April 2007 at 8:06 PM

cool. Glad it worked out. :)

saus69 posted Thu, 19 April 2007 at 8:46 AM

Just wondering, will there be any tuxedo or business suit sets that fit Apollo being released soon?

byAnton posted Thu, 19 April 2007 at 8:52 AM

I don't think so. At least I haven't heard of any. Waredrobe Wizard can convert any existing ones.

http://www.philc.net/WardrobeWizard.htm

sandmarine posted Thu, 19 April 2007 at 12:38 PM

just an innocent question: is there any way Apollo Maximus 2007 can take any of the Daz unimesh textures?? (v3, s3, etc)... is there something like a "V3 UV" version of AM'07?

Alisa posted Thu, 19 April 2007 at 12:56 PM

Anton is going to be creating a way to convert V3 textures to Apollo.  I don't think he knows when this will be done (it's somewhere on his very filled up plate :))  When it is, you'll be able to use something like Universal Texture Converter & plugins to convert textures from other figures to V3..then use Anton's method to convert to Apollo.  I'm really looking forward to this !

Cheers,
Alisa

sandmarine posted Fri, 20 April 2007 at 2:06 PM

me too then!

ice-boy posted Wed, 25 April 2007 at 7:32 AM

i have a question. is in this pic the skin texture that you get with free apollo?

if it is can someone tell me what settings do you use for skin texture(diffuse color,highlight,ambient,bump...)

when i render the skin doesnt look like the renders here.

thanks.

byAnton posted Wed, 25 April 2007 at 1:58 PM

Yes that is Apollo's default maps. That face map of the alternate face map 01c, goatee without mustache. Lee Moon at CP did that render. You could ask him.

ice-boy posted Wed, 25 April 2007 at 2:58 PM

anton what settings do you use?

byAnton posted Wed, 25 April 2007 at 3:18 PM

In the material room there is a folder with Apollo Poser6/Poser7 compatible material room shaders.

Also in the presets folder there is Render settings I use. And there are lights in the lights folder too.

Faery_Light posted Mon, 30 April 2007 at 10:34 PM

Hmmm, now I have Appollo, so can I make new skin textures for retail? I'll soon have all my G2 character textures done and have time to make goodies for this fellow. :)

byAnton posted Mon, 30 April 2007 at 10:47 PM

sure go for it.

Faery_Light posted Mon, 30 April 2007 at 10:53 PM

Wow Thanks a big bunch. :)

byAnton posted Mon, 30 April 2007 at 11:01 PM

No problem. 

You can use the included Apollo  textures anyway you need them to that helps. His elements just can't be reused for other figure products or freebies textures.

If you have any other questions or just give a hollar when you do them, email me. 

Cheers.

ClawShrimp posted Tue, 01 May 2007 at 12:23 AM

Apollo is by far the most flexible Poser figure I had ever come across. There's very little that can't be done with 'him'.

Not fishing for compliments or trying to poach hits on my gallery for selfish reasons, but if anyone's interested my gallery has a number of Apollo images in various shapes, sizes, and ages.

I really can't see myself going back to Daz's M3 or the eFrontier stable.

ice-boy posted Fri, 04 May 2007 at 2:24 AM

can i use apollo with the talk designer?

thanks.

LostinSpaceman posted Fri, 04 May 2007 at 2:36 AM

Any ideas on when the skin suit part 4 will be ready?

ice-boy posted Mon, 07 May 2007 at 2:48 AM

does the walk designer work wih apollo? it doesnt work for me.

ice-boy posted Tue, 08 May 2007 at 3:48 AM

Quote - does the walk designer work wih apollo? it doesnt work for me.

everything works fine just the arms dont move god. 
does anyone know what to do?

masha posted Tue, 08 May 2007 at 7:12 PM

Have you tried  a free download at Anton's download site?

http://www.antonkisieldesigns.com/~akfiles/htmlpages/ApolloMaximusFree3dhumanfigure.htm#FreebieDownloads

There'sa file  called Two Apollo Walk Animations there by BJ which might be a good starting point.

Cheers
Masha

ice-boy posted Wed, 09 May 2007 at 3:03 AM

thank you

Becco_UK posted Wed, 09 May 2007 at 5:49 AM

A big thank you to Anton for releasing this gift to the Poser community. I purchased an earlier version (Apollo 2005) and thought then that Apollo worked much better than figures from other developers.

Over the weekend I had a mess with Apollo 2007 and used it as a controlling volume in RealFlow to make a new liquid figure. The result shown is the 'raw' RealFlow mesh rendered in Poser 5. The mesh needs a fair amount of work yet but I hope to release this as a free Poser figure once complete and subject to Antons' approval.

Becco_UK posted Wed, 09 May 2007 at 5:51 AM

The liquified Apollo rendered in other software.

byAnton posted Wed, 09 May 2007 at 7:52 PM

That is so cool Becca. I love seeing your renders. 

Regarding the walk designer, apollo's arms are set up different and the Walk designer depends on the T- Pose.

There is a free walk animation in the 4rd party freebies. And Pupetmaster which is now in P7 I believe can convert walks to Apollo.

joezabel posted Wed, 09 May 2007 at 10:22 PM

I've downloaded parts 1 thru 3 and done some testing with the figure.  This is really superior 3D modeling!  Thanks very much to Anton!

The differences in this figure are a lot to absorb.  One thing in particular I was trying to figure out--  it appears that expression morphs always affect both sides of the face at the same time.  Is there a way to apply expressions to one side of the face?  For instance, if I want a character to raise one eyebrow, or wink, or exhibit a crooked smile?

byAnton posted Wed, 09 May 2007 at 10:26 PM

sure. There are left and right for many of the "eyes" morphs like blink, wink, angst, aft and right bow arch and there are asymmetrical morphs for the face for more variation in the center line including the mouth.

Not everything is split apart because that would be spam, but it is really easy to make your own expressions.

Glad you got him and are enjoying him.

You need the new cr2 in Epic Clothing Volume 03 because of a tiny glitch where I had the new body morphs FMB also attached to the Pupil scale. Just let it overwrite it.

byAnton posted Wed, 09 May 2007 at 10:29 PM

Just a side note: Apollo's head morphs are pretty much listed from the top down, startung with the head and forehead, doen to brows, eayes and ears. Then nose, mouth and ending with jawlines, mandibles, chins, etc.

ice-boy posted Thu, 10 May 2007 at 12:37 PM

can someoen help me. what morphs do i have to use to pull this a little out?

thank you

byAnton posted Thu, 10 May 2007 at 1:43 PM

Off the top of my head, that was be done with a few different morphs...

Jaws2 in reverse
CheekWeight in reverse

even a bit with
MouthGender

etc.

Hope that heps,
Anton

ice-boy posted Thu, 10 May 2007 at 2:49 PM

thank you anton. it helped.

p.s. i have also a question about the boots that i got with the free apollo.
can i make them a little lower?

p.s.thank you for apollo

Becco_UK posted Thu, 10 May 2007 at 3:13 PM

The latest update for the 'liquified' Apollo. Not much different to look at but this update is with a 75% reduction in poly' count and most of the main mesh tidying up done.

The aim is to get the mesh 'watertight' before moving it into Poser for finishing off.

Today I had an idea to make a fbx compatible version but that depends on available time after completing the Poser (5 upwards) version.

Final figure will be free.

joezabel posted Thu, 10 May 2007 at 10:00 PM

I found the asymetrical expression morphs and was playing around with them.  Came up with this image.  I really like asymetry, it makes a face more lifelike!

uncle808us posted Fri, 11 May 2007 at 7:37 AM

I can't get the part 3 zip to unzip it says problem unzipping the file no problem with  the core and part 2 but now I have no clothes without the textures. Help!!

MacBook Pro OSX El Capitan Ver 10.11.6

Alisa posted Fri, 11 May 2007 at 10:13 AM

Quote - I can't get the part 3 zip to unzip it says problem unzipping the file no problem with  the core and part 2 but now I have no clothes without the textures. Help!!

You might want to try re-downloading it - when that happens for me, it's usually because the download was incomplete or corrupted.

Cheers,
Alisa

joezabel posted Fri, 11 May 2007 at 11:14 AM

I don't remember if it was part 3, but one of the downloads, I had to rename to a shorter name before it would unzip.  Anton warned about that in the download documentation, it's a problem with the Macintosh stuffit program.

Alisa posted Fri, 11 May 2007 at 12:40 PM

Oh, btw - cool render, joezael!!  I agree, the asymmetry is great for realism!!

Cheers,
Alisa

ice-boy posted Thu, 06 November 2008 at 3:10 PM

apollo is fantastic

ohhh and he is FREE :) 

ice-boy posted Sun, 09 November 2008 at 5:29 AM

has anyone done any custom morphs in a 3d software for apollos body?

ice-boy posted Sun, 09 November 2008 at 7:27 AM

here i made in photoshop only the veins. they are exactly like antons veins. only seperate
img80.imageshack.us/my.php

ima70 posted Sun, 09 November 2008 at 4:28 PM

Yes, I did some with Blender 3D sculpt tool, relative lo poligon count but easy to work with.

ice-boy posted Sun, 09 November 2008 at 4:45 PM

you did? how did you import the morphs on the body?

ima70 posted Sun, 09 November 2008 at 5:15 PM

First read this tutorial I posted sometime ago at Posetteforever
www.posetteforever.com/discussion2870.html

but create and use a blank Apollo cr2 or the morph import script won't work, then move the morphs with morph manager or The Tailor, or some program like this.

ice-boy posted Mon, 10 November 2008 at 2:43 AM

why is this happening? 

ice-boy posted Mon, 10 November 2008 at 3:01 AM

i already found the problem.