Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Apollo Face Room Question

Tiari opened this issue on Mar 15, 2007 · 16 posts

Tiari posted Thu, 15 March 2007 at 2:39 PM

Finally able to get my hands on the new apollo, however, i cant seem to get the face room module to work.  It continually tells me that this figure is not supported.   Where, precisely do i put the module for it to work?

Thanks for any help.

LilWolff posted Thu, 15 March 2007 at 2:49 PM

I had the same problem.  Put the files for the face room in your main Poser  runtime not other external runtimes.

Tiari posted Thu, 15 March 2007 at 3:02 PM

tyvm :)

ClawShrimp posted Thu, 15 March 2007 at 8:13 PM

And be sure to select 'Spawn Morph' rather than 'Apply' once you're finished in the Face Room.

For some reason hitting 'Apply' moves the head (but not the eyes I believe).

Aside from that, have fun...I know I have been!

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominos will fall like a house of cards...checkmate!

BastBlack posted Thu, 15 March 2007 at 8:20 PM

Hi, I'm having the same problem. I placed all the face room files exactly where they should go, but I am getting "figure is not supported" message anyway. I even made sure I used Apollo2007 cr2 and not Cole. Strange.... I'm running Poser 6 on a MacMini OSX4, no external runtimes. If you ignore "figure is not supported" you see James' head. If you continue with James' face and hit "apply", Apollo will have James' head on his body instead (which is interesting but not the desired results. ^^;;;). You can't hit "spawn morph target" because the vertices are different (James is not Apollo). bB

BastBlack posted Thu, 15 March 2007 at 8:27 PM

Here's my runtime

LostinSpaceman posted Thu, 15 March 2007 at 9:27 PM

Well the modual definately works. I just used it on Apollo 2005 for this image.

BastBlack posted Thu, 15 March 2007 at 9:47 PM

Okay I tried the Apollo 2005 cr2. No difference. Not supported. :( I'm thinking this much be a Mac thing. bB

LostinSpaceman posted Thu, 15 March 2007 at 10:14 PM

Open the file "KnownFaceRoomHeads.xml" and verify that you see the line:

If it's not there then you didn't install the files from anton's zip correctly because he has the apollo definition in the knownfaceroom.xml file that he distributed.

Again, and I can't stress enough for anyone else installing the files, they must go in you Installed Poser runtime and not external ones.

LostinSpaceman posted Thu, 15 March 2007 at 11:21 PM

Oh and here's one other thing! I don't know if it's a bug or a feature, but Poser does not recognise figures from PZ3 files that have previously been run through the faceroom as Known figures, even if they are known! 

It only recognises them when you load them fresh from CR2! I've run into this little quirk in both Poser 6 and Poser 7!  So if you're trying to open a previously saved PZ3 that you really liked and taking the figure to the faceroom, you'll get the same figure not known message!  Annoying huh?

BastBlack posted Fri, 16 March 2007 at 12:14 AM

Yep. The line is there. I've even changed the code on the XHL a few times. Macs use ":" and not "/" but that didn't help. Anton said to try: mackey="0" I'll test that next bB

LostinSpaceman posted Fri, 16 March 2007 at 8:34 AM

Ah well not owning a Mac, I had no clue about the Mackey="0" part.. Hope that fixes it for you.

byAnton posted Sun, 18 March 2007 at 1:10 AM

Quote - Finally able to get my hands on the new apollo, however, i cant seem to get the face room module to work.  It continually tells me that this figure is not supported.   Where, precisely do i put the module for it to work?

Thanks for any help.

The module is for Poser 6 and Poser 7. However it does seem there may be no luck for some woth Poser6 for Mac. 

Faceroom module for Poser7 mac users is fine. Unfortunate but at least it is the older version.

If you do not have Poser6 mac, then just make sure you install the folder as it is nested.

Cheers

-Anton, creator of Apollo Maximus
"Conviction without truth is denial; Denial in the face of truth is concealment."

Over 100,000 Downloads....

ice-boy posted Mon, 16 April 2007 at 4:35 AM

should i replace the Known Faces" xml document with the poser 6 document?
i also have problems to get this work.

ice-boy posted Mon, 16 April 2007 at 2:30 PM

Quote - should i replace the Known Faces" xml document with the poser 6 document?
i also have problems to get this work.

works now.

DarkEdge posted Mon, 16 April 2007 at 4:49 PM

Anton scared it into working properly, some of the benefits of being the creatures creator I believe. 😉

Comitted to excellence through art.