Forum: Bryce

Subject: A New Download Page

TCsolar opened this issue on Mar 19, 2007 · 48 posts

TCsolar posted Mon, 19 March 2007 at 11:55 AM

Hey there fellow brycerians.

I would just like to share www.artartica.net with you. It is the new home for my bryce downloads.
It contains some basic and some semi advanced work. All free downloads ofcource. 

Let me know what you think!

--- www.brycedownloads.com ---
Free downloads just for bryce
--- www.artartica.net ---
My personal work, right here

Death_at_Midnight posted Mon, 19 March 2007 at 12:00 PM

The downloads are pretty cool. Thanks for the link!

TCsolar posted Mon, 19 March 2007 at 12:08 PM

thanks for the comment! this is only 10% of my files, more will come when i solved the monthly datalimit with my host :)

TCsolar posted Mon, 19 March 2007 at 4:16 PM

new downloads will be available wednesday. I just got an additional 2Gig monthly datatransfer.

tom271 posted Mon, 19 March 2007 at 5:32 PM

Thank you for the link and you have a good website...   someday I have to bring mine into the 21 century....

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TCsolar posted Tue, 20 March 2007 at 12:44 AM

let me know if you want me to host them.

I can give you a personal download page if you want.

tom271 posted Tue, 20 March 2007 at 1:51 AM

Thanks I got a page...    it's call MI Casa...   you might want something take a look....

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TCsolar posted Tue, 20 March 2007 at 12:12 PM

actually, i downloaded your alien craft.. It looks really nice!

TCsolar posted Wed, 21 March 2007 at 12:47 AM

the lamp is also really good

tom271 posted Wed, 21 March 2007 at 12:56 AM

Thank you TCsolar...  

TCsolar posted Wed, 21 March 2007 at 11:11 AM

your welcome ^^

TCsolar posted Thu, 22 March 2007 at 12:50 AM

did you entirely make that lamp in bryce??

Ravinov posted Thu, 22 March 2007 at 11:29 AM

Your site talks bizznizz. Keep up the good works...

tom271 posted Thu, 22 March 2007 at 12:25 PM

No I made it in Rhino...   Everything you see there is made in Rhino...  I made only a few things in Bryce..   Your models were all done in Bryce..? 

TCsolar posted Thu, 22 March 2007 at 2:56 PM

yes, in bryce4, that's why some are pretty basic.

Ravinov (www.grelling.org) has given me bryce5, so im still practising with that one right now.

tom271 posted Fri, 23 March 2007 at 1:27 AM

You might be able to still get Bryce 6 upgrade for very little....  you wont get IBL  HDRI but you will be one update away...

TCsolar posted Fri, 23 March 2007 at 12:58 PM

yes i have been thinking about that for sure... If adsense reaches 100$ i probably will upgrade.

So how's rhino?

tom271 posted Fri, 23 March 2007 at 7:10 PM

Attached Link: Daz

F.Y.I.    Bryce 6.1 is being sold for $69.97 it's on sale.. ends 3/31... 

So how's rhino?
Rhino is a very good modeler...   It just a little expensive..$800.00.     If you are any kind of student and can prove it,  then you can get it for about $200.00.  Rhino is a very technical modeler and it makes you work a little for organic modeling...   But it is getting easier as Rhino gets older...

There are a few free modelers around and can really make some incredible stuff.... 

check this new free program out called CB model pro....
http://www.cbmodelpro.com/

It is in a beta form but it is filled with possibilities..... 

let me know what you think....

TCsolar posted Fri, 23 March 2007 at 7:49 PM

thanks for the link, ill give it a try!

TCsolar posted Sun, 25 March 2007 at 7:04 AM

im still having difficulties with it... :) probably because its a beta...

tom271 posted Sun, 25 March 2007 at 1:42 PM

yea you  got to struggle a bit with it....   I took a cylinder and a torus and made this..... 

TCsolar posted Mon, 26 March 2007 at 9:22 AM

ah yeh... i created some sort of balloon today.. but the textures arent as well setup as with bryce...

maybe if the final version will also be free.. i might get it :)

tom271 posted Mon, 26 March 2007 at 3:02 PM

Well at least you got something.....    It is in Beta right now which means it is in infancy...  they will have to go through some Alpha stages before it becomes a sell able product... it will cost money..

Death_at_Midnight posted Mon, 26 March 2007 at 4:24 PM

The next step is a Gamma stage, if they want to be formal about a next round of testing. What most places tend to do, however, is just release the next test build as a "beta build 2" or some other increment tacked to a "beta". But formally it's considered a gamma stage.. unless they have some serious issues and have many more testing cycles to do. In that case, it's a perpetual beta until it's release. Alpha is like.. the absolute lowest testing you do right when the developers finish, and it's usually a closed testing group.

The only time a beta returns to an alpha is when there's some really serious issues. It's almost like saying the beta release was a mistake.

Now there are things like multiple beta releases, and multiple alpha releases. Usually called builds. Alpha build 1.0.1, Alpha build 1.0.2, etc.

I'm about to enter an alpha stange on the program I'm working on this week. Wish me well. 6 months development about to come to a close.

tom271 posted Mon, 26 March 2007 at 6:47 PM

Yes you are right....  about the stages....   What type of software are you working on?  
is it an art type of program...

Death_at_Midnight posted Mon, 26 March 2007 at 7:04 PM

An engineering program. I can't get too descriptive until it's released so I'll be a little vague. It helps an engineer design a particular thing... helps by analyzing strengths of materials and various components, comparing what the engineer enters to what data is provided by manufacturers. Generates a list of materials. Helps assure the design is within SAE guidelines.

tom271 posted Mon, 26 March 2007 at 7:10 PM

oh  I got that program.....     just kidding.....

TCsolar posted Thu, 29 March 2007 at 5:54 PM

lol

TCsolar posted Sun, 01 April 2007 at 11:55 AM

soon my and a friend will be opening brycedownloads.com

just letting you all know ;)

tom271 posted Sun, 01 April 2007 at 3:16 PM

That sounds like a good thing....  let us know  TC

TCsolar posted Tue, 03 April 2007 at 4:10 PM

alright... www.brycedownloads.com is ready now! 

If i can host anything for you, just let me know... you can use the linkcode to renderosity as well, i dont mind, its all freeware anyway!

^^

Death_at_Midnight posted Tue, 03 April 2007 at 5:45 PM

Nice setup.

tom271 posted Wed, 04 April 2007 at 12:07 AM

Really nice website... 

TCsolar posted Wed, 04 April 2007 at 10:39 AM

thanks, i made a really good looking and a bit flash supported website, but to avoid long loading times, i tried to keep it as simple as possible, with only 6 subjects to choose from.. if i receive files to make a 7th subject, i can always add it afterwards ;)

tom271 posted Wed, 04 April 2007 at 2:54 PM

did you try that program out TC?

TCsolar posted Thu, 05 April 2007 at 11:58 AM

yeh but its on my other computer now (im laptoppin atm). 

you found out some more nice tricks for it?

tom271 posted Thu, 05 April 2007 at 5:38 PM

yea.. but I got stuck on one thing......    here is what I was doing before I got stuck... I was going to be some alien pig.... 

TCsolar posted Fri, 06 April 2007 at 1:00 PM

ah yeh i get it... so what was the problem?

tom271 posted Fri, 06 April 2007 at 3:47 PM

see once you choose to subdivide one section - like the snout - the rest of the head locks out and you can not work on it any more...   I found a setting in the preference that fixed the problem...  but MudBox expires for me tomorrow....  Oh well.... 

TCsolar posted Fri, 06 April 2007 at 3:51 PM

cant you just download it again?

tom271 posted Fri, 06 April 2007 at 4:36 PM

No you get only one chance... they got my IP address and e-mail address.  next version they will open it up again to download for everyone...  

But I can download ZBrush for 30 days... MudBox, I was told, is ZBrush with a more mild mannered interface...   ZBrush handles like a 747 control board panel...

TCsolar posted Sun, 08 April 2007 at 7:28 PM

whahha... i understand the comparison yep... im blessed, i only have to deal with bryce interface, which is like taking candy from a baby.

TCsolar posted Thu, 12 April 2007 at 3:46 PM

a friend of mine made some AWSOME 3d models for bryce5 tom... 

can you convert those into your rhino program?? then its worth to take a took.. he made some sort of starwars droids, untextured.

www.brycedownloads.com

tom271 posted Thu, 12 April 2007 at 5:55 PM

Hi TC.. I tried to download one of his droids "asbot"  but it didn't want to open up.... something is wrong with that file ... 

I could turn them into an OBP file then into an OBJ. file and then I could take it into Rhino... 

But why would I want to do that??  If I was going to edit the object... add something or delete something....  

TCsolar posted Mon, 16 April 2007 at 6:57 AM

well its freeware, maybe its nice in a scene you already have :)

maybe its because the file is .br5 ?

tom271 posted Mon, 16 April 2007 at 12:06 PM

I can open br5 files...  I'm not sure why it didn't open.... 

tom271 posted Mon, 16 April 2007 at 12:07 PM

I can open br5 files...  I'm not sure why it didn't open....  but thanks anyway.... 

TCsolar posted Mon, 16 April 2007 at 12:18 PM

yeh np kewl...

odd, does bryce5 have different versions? shouldnt cause the problem, but maybe a glitch?
never had complains before about that specific file