Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: different models?

SSAfam1 opened this issue on Mar 29, 2007 · 14 posts

SSAfam1 posted Thu, 29 March 2007 at 6:48 AM

Hi can someone list the different types of model i.e. Victoria 1,2,3 The girl, etc---which ones are free for downloads that works with Poser 6?

SSAfam1 posted Thu, 29 March 2007 at 7:13 AM

Also where you can get them...

Tyger_purr posted Thu, 29 March 2007 at 9:00 AM

In theory all Poser figures will "work" in P6+.

rigging, posing, morphing have no significant changes that would cause incompatablity.

materials have changed but few figures have updated to the new possibilities. 
Many merchants beleive they need to retain p4 compatability to keep some miniscule (yet apparently vocal) minority of potential customers or are continuing to texture the way they always have so few figures live up to their material potential.

My Homepage - Free stuff and Galleries

SoulTaker posted Thu, 29 March 2007 at 9:47 AM

lol dont want much do you (or maybe you dont know just how big a thing it is you are asking?)

Tyger_purr posted Thu, 29 March 2007 at 10:11 AM

the longest and most convienant list i could find is the figures compatable with Wardrobe wizard.

that list is over 90 figures although a few are not human and the aeon figures are not included.
i could see it going well over 100.

if someone wants to give the list a try they could start with the WW list.
the list would also need to list if the figures are a derivative and from what figure.

My Homepage - Free stuff and Galleries

BAR-CODE posted Thu, 29 March 2007 at 11:01 AM

Can someone download and search em for me too, and then make art with it for me and put my name on it when you upload it for me...
GET IT4ME "R US ......

IF YOU WANT TO CONTACT BAR-CODE SENT A  PM to 26FAHRENHEIT  "same person"

Chris

My Free Stuff

pakled posted Thu, 29 March 2007 at 11:12 AM

and how do you get the 'make art ' button to work?..;)
Ok, Go to Daz 1st 
Vickie, Mike, Aiko (V3/M3/A3) are/were free
Hiro is free...somewhere...
Mayadoll is/was free (used to be at Studio Maya..see thread above)
Sixus 1 (Poser Freebies) - Project Human Male and Female, HIM, HER as well
Apollo -free..just cruise this forum for all the freebies too numerous to mention..;)
Sarah was/is free, can't remember where, though
Someone named Hel had a few characters
Have (yes, that's the name) has Tuyuko (sp?), and Eroko (which may or may not work...there's a patch for it out there somewhere)

As for 'critters' (monsters, toonies, robots, etc)
X2000, Blacksmith 3d, Sixus1 again, Daz (robot Brat, there was a gorilla at one time, mebbe some others), etc.

Now you have some names to go for. Or failing that, just go to Freebies here, Poser, then Characters for more stuff. Main thing not to get dinged on is the word 'requires'. If you see that, it's a modification of a character, and not a seperate

There you go.

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

BAR-CODE posted Thu, 29 March 2007 at 11:14 AM

but were can i get that ARTBUTTON for free ?  ;}

IF YOU WANT TO CONTACT BAR-CODE SENT A  PM to 26FAHRENHEIT  "same person"

Chris

My Free Stuff

Khai posted Thu, 29 March 2007 at 11:25 AM

Attached Link: http://www.contentparadise.com/forums/contentparadise/index.php?showtopic=4121&hl=list&st=0

A very complete list of all figures at the link....

SSAfam1 posted Thu, 29 March 2007 at 12:04 PM

Thanks anyone who gave some serious feedback. I had no idea there were so many models. I figured like 10 or so and then even that would be limited depending on which were free and for the Poser version I used. So I THOUGHT. I only see a few names repeated like Apollo, Jessi and Vicky and a few others. 

Easy I'm a newbie. Very very new.

Thanks again.

bnetta posted Thu, 29 March 2007 at 1:15 PM

here is a list of sara items..
http://www.sarasnotebook.oodlesdoodles.com/index.html

Sara, modelled by DarkWhisper, 
you can get for free at DAZ Here.

you can start with this one..
netta

www.oodlesdoodles.com

SSAfam1 posted Thu, 29 March 2007 at 1:34 PM

Thank you very much Bnetta and others.

pakled posted Thu, 29 March 2007 at 8:32 PM

thanks bnetta..I had the crazy idea Sara's notebook was offline, but I think it came back recently..;)

Trust me, SSAfam1, by the time you get the characters, morphs, textures, hair, lights, cameras (no action, unless you're animating), props, clothes, skins, etc., for each model,  your hard drive will be saying 'uncle'..;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

SSAfam1 posted Thu, 29 March 2007 at 9:58 PM

Quote - Trust me, SSAfam1, by the time you get the characters, morphs, textures, hair, lights, cameras (no action, unless you're animating), props, clothes, skins, etc., for each model,  your hard drive will be saying 'uncle'..;)

Ahhhhhhhhh well I can say what I don't want. I don't want to do any anime stuff or aliens. Just regular sensual figures. The 'look 'would be something like my avatar. Nothing cartoonish either.