Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Whats "MacConverter" ?

drkfetyshnyghts opened this issue on Apr 04, 2007 · 6 posts

drkfetyshnyghts posted Wed, 04 April 2007 at 1:57 PM

Visiting various sites that sell Poser content.. some say it is compatible with mac with MacConverter. Whats is that?  Sorry i am sooo new to this.

Stefi xxx

Miss Nancy posted Wed, 04 April 2007 at 2:38 PM

it was an utility written by martin c. for use in mac OS 9, amongst other things to convert windows poser folders containing rsr files to mac-useable format. however, the newest macs cannot run said utility, nor can many others.

drkfetyshnyghts posted Wed, 04 April 2007 at 3:15 PM

Thanks Miss Nancy....  how far behind are these sites just catering for OS9 !!!! ?

Stefi xxx

tebop posted Wed, 04 April 2007 at 10:44 PM

I used to use it when i was in mac os 9. it wa s very useful. And most of the stuff i downloaded from freestuff, had to be converted. I just drag it there and BOOM it converted.

drkfetyshnyghts posted Wed, 04 April 2007 at 11:33 PM

hey tebop... i understand now... i just now am not sure wether this content will work on osx without this macconverter thingy... i would assume not?

Stefi xxx

Quote - I used to use it when i was in mac os 9. it wa s very useful. And most of the stuff i downloaded from freestuff, had to be converted. I just drag it there and BOOM it converted.

MarianneR posted Thu, 05 April 2007 at 1:42 AM Online Now!

The stuff will work anyways in Poser 5 and newer. The problem might be the thumbnails in the library. If there is only an rsr-file you'll get the shrugging guy instead of the pic, but if there are png's the stuff will work as it is. Then the paths to the textures and obj-files might be Windows-style like "C:somefoldersomeotherfolder...." which usually works on my computer but it takes a long time to load. There are some converters that work on OSX. There is one in the marketplace by fmorgan that I know of and I've found a free one in the DAZ forums (it doesn't work on everything though).