Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: memory

Draco1960 opened this issue on Apr 05, 2007 · 4 posts

Draco1960 posted Thu, 05 April 2007 at 1:52 PM

When I set the render settings to final ... I get a window telling me that Poser is out of memory....I tested it by trying to render V4 (plain) No morphs, hair, special skin or clothes...It still does it....
I have a duel core, duel vid card and 6G memory....It can't be my machine...

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong....

Draco1960

BeyondVR posted Thu, 05 April 2007 at 2:21 PM

If you have been working in Poser a while, close and reopen to free memory.  Trouble is, Poser uses that error as a catch-all.  Doesn't necessarily have to do with memory.  If you had a real problem, I think Windows would butt in and redo your page file.

Another thing, if this really is a bear to render, set your bucket size to 16.  Poser appreciates the help.  Might be something else that's bugging Poser, though.  Sorry :(

John

Acadia posted Thu, 05 April 2007 at 6:20 PM

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?thread_id=2516735

The screenshots a bit further down on page one in that thread may help.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

ice-boy posted Tue, 17 April 2007 at 7:48 AM

i had the same problem. i spend hours on making this perfect body for my figure. then when i wanted to save the file it said to me that it is out of memory and that i should save the file. but i couldnt save th file. then i restarted my compute and the file was empty. i thought that it will nto save the last thing that i made but the whole file was empty.
than i somehow opened the file and it was there. my body and the custom head. but the problem is that the body was restored. so all changed that i made were gone.
teh biggest problem now is that i can not change anything on the body. i want to change the abs. but it doenst work. when i open a new apollo figure it goes.

what can i do? i am desperate.

p.s. can i move my custom head to a different figure?