Forum: Vue

Subject: Vue 6 PLE

Byrdie opened this issue on Apr 12, 2007 · 17 posts

Byrdie posted Thu, 12 April 2007 at 5:55 PM

Newbie here, waves hi! :-) 
Ages ago, I registered at Eon to get a demo of Vue 4.  Loved it but had to pass on buying as my old computer just couldn't handle it. Eventually I even forgot I had an account there.
Then today I get a newsletter announcement about Vue 6 Infinite and X-Stream. Wow, there's a Personal Learning Edition I can have for free!  And "The Monster" can certainly handle it. Downloading even as I type, now got a couple of questions.
1: PLE files are not compatible with other versions of Vue. So does this mean none of the stuff in the Vue freebie section here will work with this? Or just that if I save a project, it won't open in any purchased flavor of Vue?
2: Must choose between Infinite and X Stream when installing. Er, what's the difference? Or does it really matter?
3: Watermark/logo on renders. Fair enough, as they're letting me use this with no limitations -- except no commercial works -- for free. But I'm wondering if it watermarks like the Poser 6 demo did. Gods, but that was ugly! Sure won't want to post anything in the gallery if it does. Hoping for a nice, discreet watermark. Classy, not something that's all logo and you'd go boggle-eyed trying to see the actual artwork underneath. Would anybody here know what it looks like? That feature doesn't kick in for 30 days, not as if I can hit "render' and see for myself soon as I install.
4: Hints, tips and tutorials, please. Especially on how to get Poser stuff into Vue.

Thanks!