Forum: Photoshop

Subject: TextBooks?

scoleman123 opened this issue on Apr 26, 2007 · 11 posts

scoleman123 posted Thu, 26 April 2007 at 12:55 PM

are there any textbooks for photoshop classes.
with differnt projects to do and tool tricks?

we ahve a new teacher comming in, and she does not feel too strong with teaching photoshop art. our current teacher ahs his lesson plans and projects that we ahve been doing for 8+ years now, but wants her to ahve a textbook fir further reassurance.

any help would be great.

-steve

facebook.com/scoleman123

bobbystahr posted Thu, 26 April 2007 at 4:08 PM

You might check out Hayden Books. Back when I first started PS at ver.4 I bought their Photoshop4 Complete and it certainly was. I would imagine they have similar editions out for the CS suites but it's[PSCSx] beyond my upgrade cash line so I may never know....LOL

Once in a while I look around,
I see a sound
and try to write it down
Sometimes they come out very soft
Tinkling light sound
The Sun comes up again

Miss Nancy posted Thu, 26 April 2007 at 4:23 PM

steve, are you also an instructor there? I get promos for photoshop professional seminars all the time, and I daresay they're selling their content in pdf or book form. another place is lynda.com.

bonestructure posted Thu, 26 April 2007 at 4:43 PM

The best book I ever had for Photoshop was the Photoshop 7 Bible. They also have a CS Bible. 1000 pages that literally coveres everything in Pshop

Talent is God's gift to you. Using it is your gift to God.

Imager posted Thu, 26 April 2007 at 6:20 PM

I learned Photoshop using the 'Wow' books. Plenty of technical info, and lots of projects.  Work it cover to cover and you'll know Photoshop pretty well.

retrocity posted Thu, 26 April 2007 at 10:57 PM

To help train fellow creative dept. personal, i've used the "Classroom in a Book" series by Adobe.

The books contain self-paced lessons designed to fit within busy schedules.

They also have a CD with customized files to guide the readers through lessons and special projects.

I like that they have sample test questions from Adobe's certification exam (if you're interested in pursuing it further)...

Adobe publishes them through "Peachpit" so you know the caliber is up there. you can find them on amazon (possibly even find a good used one for cheap)

:)
retrocity

DemonMage posted Fri, 27 April 2007 at 9:47 PM

I'd have to second the "Classroom in a book" serise.  It was used by a friend and loaned to me for a few weeks, I loved it.

Stephi posted Sat, 28 April 2007 at 11:06 AM

Another one I like is "Adobe Photoshop CS2 one-on-one" by Deke McClelland. It has a dvd with 2 hours of video instruction and there are quizzes at the end of each chapter in the book. The book is wonderfully illustrated and easy to follow. It's been very helpful for me.

Stephanie

thundering1 posted Mon, 30 April 2007 at 9:49 PM

Go to www.photoshopuser.com and register as a NAPP member (National Association of Photoshop Professionals - NO, you don't actually have to be a professional) for $99 - YES it's really worth it. They have truckloads of online tutorials, PDFs, and videos. They also have podcasts which you can stream/view.

Check out their entire library - anything by Scott Kelby would make a good learning text. Deke McClelland, David Cross, Burt Monroy, and Vincent Versace to name a few more.

-Lew

nezbitten posted Tue, 12 June 2007 at 3:36 PM

Attached Link: Image-Restore - Photo Restoration Services

Hi there

If its a book you need then i find the Martin Evening Adobe PhotoShop for Photographers, always a good read and its what i call real photoshop stuff. (This is of course only my opinion) Not creating funny glass globes and stuff but hard core photoshop image improvments.

I hope this helps

Adobe Photoshop for Photographers

www.image-restore.co.uk

Oh I also heard that http://www.amazon.com/Digital-Restoration-Start-Finish-photographs/dp/0240808142/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/103-7522386-2439006?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1181680307&sr=1-1 this was good.

Neil

nezbitten posted Thu, 10 January 2008 at 2:50 PM

Attached Link: Quality photo restoration service

If you are still reading this thread I have just discovered a new book

Photo Restoration from start to finish

by C Tein

Hope this helps