Forum: Bryce

Subject: Totally OT, but a charity appeal to any S.E Brits

chohole opened this issue on May 01, 2007 ยท 7 posts

chohole posted Tue, 01 May 2007 at 4:51 PM

Attached Link: http://www.medway.nhs.uk/Adult_Medicine/Macmillan_Cancer_Care_Unit/macmillan_cancer_care_unit.html

Hi, most of you know me, and some know that I live in S.E. England, as does my junior brother and his wife.

My sister-in-law has been diagnosed with terminal cancer. She is getting chemo treatment, but has to make a long journey by public transport each time, as my brother is a biker, does not run a car. There are a lot of people who have to also make this journey, she is not alone.

The Macmillan trust in partnership with the Maritime hospital in Chatham are currently raising funds to build and support a cancer unit which will be built to save these poor people this horrible journey.

Although there is no happy prognosis for my brother's wife they both are involved in raisning funds for this unit and if there are any here who live in the area, I would just like to make you aware of this charity, and to support them if you can.

Thanks

Pam

The greatest part of wisdom is learning to develop  the ineffable genius of extracting the "neither here nor there" out of any situation...."