Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Questions about FaceShop

gagnonrich opened this issue on Jun 08, 2007 ยท 63 posts

gagnonrich posted Fri, 08 June 2007 at 9:16 AM

Since I didn't get a response at the DAZ forum, I figured I'd see if FaceShop users here can help provide me some info on the program. FaceShop is a "maybe" program for me. I'm seeing some incredible results and some not so impressive results. I've read a lot of complaints and a lot of compliments. I'm left with a bunch of questions.

1. What are the differences between the Pro and Basic versions? It appears that the main differences are usability for all figures (Basic is V4 & M3) and support for larger textures.

2. Is there an upgrade path from Basic to Pro? I'm more willing to take a chance with Basic because it's half the price. If i finally decide I'm happy enough to go to the Pro version, I won't want to pay for a whole new application as if I hadn't ever bought the program.

3. Has anybody tried using Pro with different figures such as creatures and animals? Most of what I've seen has been with V4 and M3.

4. Has anybody tried creature morphs? It would seem that it ought to be possible to use this program to do some very drastic morphs using images from comic drawings, personal drawings, photos of Halloween masks, etc. This could make the program an excellent resource for creating a variety of fantasy and science fiction characters.

5. Will future upgrades be free to owners? That leaves me with a buy now or wait till it's better and when I have more free time to use it.

6. What is the average time to get a decent morph?

My visual indexes of Poser content are at http://www.sharecg.com/pf/rgagnon