Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Whaaaa - lighting problems - round 3. Bryce related

Phuzzie opened this issue on Jun 16, 2007 ยท 22 posts

Phuzzie posted Sat, 16 June 2007 at 12:29 PM

Hi all,

First off thanks for taking your time to consider solutions to my problems.

This is my 3rd post about this problem, I have been fighting it all week and I think I know more about the 'whys' of the problem, but I don't have a solution other than to find another 3d program to make landscapes with.

Here are the original 2 posts

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?thread_id=2700726
http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?thread_id=2700483

Ok.. As I said in post I started over completely from scratch. I tested along the way as I set things up to make sure that the only lights that were visible inside the structure were the lights that were inside. No outside light coming through the walls. All was good until I loaded a prop landscape that I made in Bryce 6. The instant I load the landscape prop the lights go all the @#$$%. They start shining through the wall and the floor. I have even gone to the extreme of taking a hi-rez plane from the primatives and tried placing the plane under the structure so that it would (in theory) block any light coming from below. NADA.. No change.

So at that point I thought I had exported something incorrectly from Bryce and that there is probably a light source in my content that I cannot see.

So.. I noticed that there was another content package here that was for landscapes, 12 bucks.. /shrug why not. So I bought the package "LandZone - Morphing Terrains" thinking that I would throw out my Bryce landscape and whaaa-laa, good to go... Irony of ironies... the content I bought is Bryce based and does EXACTLY the SAME THING.

GGGrrrrrr

Once the lights are shot (meaning I have imported the landscape and the structure starts letting light in the walls and floor), it doesn't matter whether I delete the landscape prop or not. The lights still shine through the floor and I have to start from a previous save where I have never loaded the landcape prop.

Any ideas?
Are there rules for importing Bryce content that I don't know??

This picture is from the inside of the structure after the lights are messed up. There is an infinite light outside that is set to blue, I placed a hi-res mongo sized sphere in the middle of the structure to see where the light was coming in.

(sorry for the spelling, in my world 'phonics' is spelled 'fonix')