Forum: Community Center

Subject: Really like the new site design

lundqvist opened this issue on Jul 16, 2007 · 65 posts

lundqvist posted Mon, 16 July 2007 at 1:22 PM

I've not always been complimentary to Renderosity before, but I do like this new design. FWIW: well done, Rendo :)

Acadia posted Mon, 16 July 2007 at 1:26 PM

Yes, I do too. So far it looks very pleasing to look at. I don't even mind the gradient on the sides because it's not right in direct site and the blue tones it down so it's not hard on the eyes like Daz's site.

It will take a bit of time to get used to dealing with drop down menus but I think it makes the site look much neater instead of having a long list of links.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

mask2 posted Mon, 16 July 2007 at 1:29 PM

yes it's very nice!

But is it possible for users to change the colors**? (I mean, some websites give the possibility to users to change "skin colors"...)
Also the sitemail appears to me as white text on white background
(I am using Firefox)

**Why do I ask this: I suffer from laser surgery gone bad and see poorly when there is white text on dark background... so having the possibility to switch color would help me, but oh well...

SndCastie posted Mon, 16 July 2007 at 1:44 PM

you can post to the css forum for requests.

Sandy
An imagination can create wonderful things

SndCastie's Little Haven

SandyJO posted Mon, 16 July 2007 at 2:06 PM

Awesome job, It looks fantastic!!

DarkStarRising posted Mon, 16 July 2007 at 2:12 PM

I didnt think i would like it, but WOW its fab! I LOVE IT!

In the words of DarkStarRising:
"Sadness within sadness,
Darkness within darkness,
a shadow of a form lays upon the floor,
looking at herself
looking at her own shadows of loneliness"

mask2 posted Mon, 16 July 2007 at 2:12 PM

Quote - you can post to the css forum for requests.

Great!

StaceyG posted Mon, 16 July 2007 at 2:24 PM

This is great:) Glad so many seem to enjoy the new look!!

DramaKing posted Mon, 16 July 2007 at 2:44 PM

I didn't realize that the change was doing to change the site so drastic. I thought that the backgrounds and everything would stay the same, but, wow, I wasn't expecting this! I've never seen a site with anything like this new design. I guess that I'll just have to get used to it.

One more thing. I still see the old Renderosity banner. I assume that will change pretty soon.

It is better to do one thing well, than to do many things and excel at nothing.

Lyne posted Mon, 16 July 2007 at 2:51 PM

WOWOWOW!! GREAT COLORS!!! WOWOWOW!!!! SLICK! WORKING FINE WITH IE 6!!

I JUST CAN'T SEE THE TYPE HARDLY AT ALL... IT'S SOO TINY. I AM NOT SHOUTING (WELL BUT FOR THE WOWING! ;) )  

IS THE FONT SIZE SOMETHING WE NEED A CSS FOR?

MENUS NOT WORKING YET, BUT ASSUME IT'S IN PROGRESS... JUST WISH THE MAIN THINGS LIKE VIEW ALL FORUMS AND WHAT'S NEW IN GALLERIES WERE AT THE TOP.

OH MAN, THIS IS JUST FANTASTIC SO FAR! I AM STUNNED! :D

LYNE

Life Requires Assembly and we all know how THAT goes!

agiel posted Mon, 16 July 2007 at 2:56 PM

Add me to the list of happy campers !

I still noticed odd colors here and there, but I assume the change is still in progress.

Fantastic job so far !

Lyne posted Mon, 16 July 2007 at 2:58 PM

oh and the words for each gallery picture are squished up in an odd column on the left, with the stats squished over too...   I do have my settings to view an image full size .... ?

OH am still SO LOVING THE COLORS!! :)

StaceyG posted Mon, 16 July 2007 at 3:11 PM

Quote - I didn't realize that the change was doing to change the site so drastic. I thought that the backgrounds and everything would stay the same, but, wow, I wasn't expecting this! I've never seen a site with anything like this new design. I guess that I'll just have to get used to it.

One more thing. I still see the old Renderosity banner. I assume that will change pretty soon.

You need to clear you cache,. the new banner logo is there:)

Maretta posted Mon, 16 July 2007 at 3:30 PM

sigh  Why the need to change it, what was wrong with the old design?

Not a fan...It's not terrible but I liked it the way it was.

IO4 posted Mon, 16 July 2007 at 3:36 PM

My only criticism is that my pictures now appear on such a dark background. Alot of my images have black in the frame, and generally it just doesn't work for me. I hope we can change our gallery/homepage to a different colour. I don't mind the blue, but not the part of the gradient that is near black.

Beginners tutorials for Bryce

Bryce Arena

DarkElegance posted Mon, 16 July 2007 at 3:44 PM

I LOVE the new look! just love it love it loveit!

https://www.darkelegance.co.uk/

Commission open.

Ardiva posted Mon, 16 July 2007 at 3:48 PM

Cool beans!!!!!!!!!  Absolutely Love it!!

FlyByNight posted Mon, 16 July 2007 at 3:58 PM

Have to say I llike the new look, too, especially the colors. Well done, Rendo!!!

FlyByNight

dlk30341 posted Mon, 16 July 2007 at 4:00 PM

My only crit - the fonts in the forum are far too small. Can barely read even with my glasses on.

StaceyG posted Mon, 16 July 2007 at 4:02 PM

We are going to try out some different font sizes in a few..once the programmers get done with what they are concentrating on now, fyi

Ardiva posted Mon, 16 July 2007 at 4:03 PM

I'm bopping all over the site looking,  and am more in love with this new design. Whoever thought it up has my undying gratitude. This is by far the "cat's meow!"

Well done...well done!

Ok..I'll shut up now. lol

DramaKing posted Mon, 16 July 2007 at 4:31 PM

Quote - You need to clear you cache,. the new banner logo is there:)

Oh, duh. I found a workaround, though. It works now.

Thanks.

toastie posted Mon, 16 July 2007 at 4:40 PM

Yeah - new site looks fine and I like the drop down menus, so much easier to navigate.

Only things so far.... the sale icons on items in my wishlist don't show up.

Also I agree the font is too small for me to read the product descriptions easily and a slightly larger size would be good. I can zoom with Opera, but it's not ideal. Just a  bit bigger font would be nice.

Liking the changes otherwise :)

XENOPHONZ posted Mon, 16 July 2007 at 4:52 PM

Great job, guys.  :thumbupboth:

Something To Do At 3:00AM 

SndCastie posted Mon, 16 July 2007 at 4:56 PM

Glad you like it :biggrin:

Sandy
An imagination can create wonderful things

SndCastie's Little Haven

rebuilder posted Mon, 16 July 2007 at 5:03 PM

I absolutely Love the new look !!!!  :tt1:

Excellent work guys :thumbupboth:

Jaime  😄

iloco posted Mon, 16 July 2007 at 5:09 PM

Great job.  My only complaint is font size is way to small.....:)

Its same colors I use on my forum so you know I like it. :)

ïÏøçö

fiontar posted Mon, 16 July 2007 at 5:15 PM

I love the redesign as well,very good job!

The fonts are fine on my laptop, I'll have to check on my Desktop to see how it looks there. Firefox has settings to easily increase the font size on pages you are viewing and I believe the latest version of Internet Explorer dows as well. :)

iloco posted Mon, 16 July 2007 at 5:22 PM

Firefox does have an option to increase font size but when you go to another site that was ok you have to redo it again.  This can be agravating to say the least.    Do it one time with coding and be done with it is best way. :)

ïÏøçö

patorak posted Mon, 16 July 2007 at 5:43 PM

The new look is great!  Thanks!

StaceyG posted Mon, 16 July 2007 at 6:17 PM

We have now increased the font size (at least I think as I am seeing bigger font now, I left the office and am at home so I'm hoping the programmers did their thing and its not just my home computer)

vince3 posted Mon, 16 July 2007 at 6:21 PM

Excellent works guys!!!! i really like it, my images are made for looking at with a dark background, so i am happy chappy!! also am fan of the gradient, nice one, thumbs up from me!! three thumbs apparently!..........uh,no, just two, the middle one wasn't a (really big) thumb after all, (puts underpants back on)

BTW, for those who are seeing small fonts, hold down "Ctrl" button and scroll your mouse wheel forward, stuff gets bigger.( puts underpants back on again!!)

(p.s ....i've even just spotted where the "how do i find my sitemail now?" button is)

Ardiva posted Mon, 16 July 2007 at 6:24 PM

The only problem I can see at this point is that I'm not getting any ebots from here now.

kalon posted Mon, 16 July 2007 at 6:41 PM

Great Job! Very well designed

@ Vince3 - the control-mouse scroll wheel is not working for me in Firefox ;( But, it is a cool way to go back to previous link...! Did not know that. Throw up another thumb, ...er, nevermind.

kalonart.com

iloco posted Mon, 16 July 2007 at 6:45 PM

Its not the fonts on the forum pages that are so small but the ones in the threads where post and comments are made.
 Those others do look larger but makes that page look a little odd.
What I am typing and when you read it is what I think needs to be made larger. :)

ïÏøçö

dlk30341 posted Mon, 16 July 2007 at 6:47 PM

I've upped all my font sizes and the forum posts are still teeny.  I don't want to zoom cause it affects the web as whole.  Just tell me what line to change & I will.

hewee posted Mon, 16 July 2007 at 6:49 PM

I like the new layout.
But the whit text is very hard to read and I hate it and it's even worse down here with the black around the reply box with the white text. All very hard on the eyes.
I don't the change in the background fading from dark to darker either.
This is all the very same thing so many hated that DAZ did and now all the same thing people did not like is here.
Is there anyway to change the colors? I like it they way it was before because it was easy on the eyes.
This now is a killer I hate and I mean hate. Are the people who come up with these colors on drugs?

vince3 posted Mon, 16 July 2007 at 6:54 PM

haha!! sorry i just went for a make over there!!

shame that doesn't work for ya! i only discovered it the other day, and thought i had discovered "the most usefull thing ever"

will go back to the discovering stuff drawing board, and hang head in shame now........no please don't feel sorry that you hurt my feelings or anything..........i'll be ok!! (sniffle)

just noticed that you have added a totally black background, with a bit of space now, around the image, in the gallery, which looks great!! looks like we can have some of that image spilling over the edge playtime again!............even happier than i was a minute ago.

StaceyG posted Mon, 16 July 2007 at 7:03 PM

I think I was wrong about the font size:( sorry. I think they may have to tweak it around a bit before implementing cause changing one thing has impact on other parts so they have to be careful...Hopefully we can get the font size in the forums at least worked out in the next day or so.

Klutz posted Mon, 16 July 2007 at 7:11 PM

I really do like the new look....

Will the Rendo Exclusive, Sale & Clearance logos re-appear on the wishlist BTW?

I found them very handy. 

TIA

Klutz. :0)

********************************************************************************************************************

Life is a beta.

In faecorum semper, solum profundum variat.

dlk30341 posted Mon, 16 July 2007 at 7:20 PM

Great news Stacey :) It would be much easier if they just added a line in the CSS code.  I can up the fonts on everything else just not forum posts :(.

All that aside, I love the layout & colors! Well done :)

DramaKing posted Mon, 16 July 2007 at 7:26 PM

The font looks fine to me.

Belladzines posted Mon, 16 July 2007 at 8:12 PM

i love it!!!

Spiritbro77 posted Mon, 16 July 2007 at 8:14 PM

It's better by FAR than the old one. That was horrid. But I would like the font a bit bigger(old eyes) :) and what is it with you guys and white text? In general it's a lot better so these bitches are small, next time maybe you could give up on the white text though? Hint hint :)

Belladzines posted Mon, 16 July 2007 at 8:19 PM

let me be more specific.... i love it because Toxic's logo blends in perflectly and its all seamless......

Caelyn posted Mon, 16 July 2007 at 8:33 PM

Beautifully done. Huge kudos.^^ Not only is the site very attractive, it's easy on the eyes and even easier to navigate now.

Really. Whomever designed the new site deserves a serious pat on the back. Thank you.^^

Coleman posted Mon, 16 July 2007 at 9:44 PM

I like the new look!

One question though... where's the login/logout button now? I'm probably overlooking it

Belladzines posted Mon, 16 July 2007 at 9:55 PM

see Members button and there is a drop down...
it also has your shopping cart and wishlist etc on it....

Coleman posted Mon, 16 July 2007 at 10:20 PM

Thanks Artemis

Lyne posted Mon, 16 July 2007 at 10:46 PM

how odd the font is "stuck" here..unless they are working on it.. i set it to "large" to post and it's not... 

Be sure to tell us if the font does get larger for IE7 and firefox but not IE6.... am waiting to install firefox IF needed... 

the control - scroll does nothing for me... 

I am being patient...and loving the new look SO MUCH!!

Lyne

artbyphil posted Tue, 17 July 2007 at 5:43 AM

just thought I'd add my comment too.  I also really like the new design.  Its clear, easy to find things and great colours and most of all it all seems to work well.  Nice one.

Debbie M. posted Tue, 17 July 2007 at 7:50 AM

Hi Klutz,

Yes, those are being worked on for the wishlists :)

Thanks!

Debbie M.

DramaKing posted Tue, 17 July 2007 at 9:22 AM

Lyne, I'm using IE7, and your text is huge. Kind of refreshing, actually.

Debbie M. posted Tue, 17 July 2007 at 9:55 AM

Wishlist bug has been fixed :) 

Debbie M.

Mock posted Tue, 17 July 2007 at 10:08 AM

This is the first time sense the first layout over-hall that I don't actually want to change it at all back to the original.  I love the look , the color, and the new graphics.  Not to mention from the posts I’ve seen about 90% of the boisterous members seem to like it as well.  I don't think any change has had this positive a reaction.

Debbie M. posted Tue, 17 July 2007 at 11:34 AM

I have to agree with you 110% Mock :)

Debbie M.

Unicornst posted Tue, 17 July 2007 at 11:41 AM

And the font is bigger now. :b_tonguewink:

Everything looks GREAT!

StaceyG posted Tue, 17 July 2007 at 11:45 AM

Yes we just increased the font size a bit. Looks much better:)

JLyons posted Tue, 17 July 2007 at 11:49 AM

The site looks absolutely incredible now, great job!

There Is No Exit From The Flame, You Are Simply Transformed Into The Language Of The Fire!

Mihoshi posted Tue, 17 July 2007 at 1:27 PM

I like the new site in general too. ;) About font size in general, if you have problems with small fonts on this or other sites try out Safari as your browser, you get a preference setting, where you can define the smallest font size used on all pages. Not sure if Firefox or IE have that option.

FlyByNight posted Tue, 17 July 2007 at 3:16 PM

Oh, thank you for increasing the font size, it's much better!!!

FlyByNight

Debbie M. posted Tue, 17 July 2007 at 4:17 PM

Font size increased and the font color toned down to a nice shade of gray :)

Debbie M.

Lyne posted Tue, 17 July 2007 at 5:15 PM

font is bigger? oh oh... then this must be an ie6 thing too? oh dear..

hewee posted Tue, 17 July 2007 at 8:02 PM

The font is more easy to see now. Still going to take a lot getting use to font color on the background because it still seems to hard.

Debbie M. posted Tue, 17 July 2007 at 8:34 PM

For those having a problem with the font sizes and colors, they've turned on the ability to create your own custom CSS again.

Visit the CSS Forum if you need help creating a stylesheet.

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showforum.php?forum_id=12471

Debbie M.