Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: (OT) How many of the online actually have galleries here?

3Dsmacker opened this issue on Jul 27, 2007 · 64 posts

3Dsmacker posted Fri, 27 July 2007 at 7:37 PM

This is probably a question for the moderators.

I've noticed that the number of people onilne seems to hover near 4,000 or so. Can you tell me how many users here have galleries with work in them? I.e, what's the proportion of viewers to artists?  How many uploads a day does Renderosity average?  I'm getting the impression I'm missing a lot because I can't keep up with the spew. 

wheatpenny posted Fri, 27 July 2007 at 7:52 PM Site Admin

The only way to tell that would be to use the "who's online" feature and click on each name individually and see if they have a gallery.

Jeff

Renderosity Senior Moderator

Hablo español

Ich spreche Deutsch

Je parle français

Mi parolas Esperanton. Ĉu vi?

Jumpstartme2 posted Fri, 27 July 2007 at 7:56 PM

Not sure of the exact numbers, but the image uploads are in the 100's per day just in the Poser Gallery alone.

~Jani

Renderosity Community Admin
---------------------------------------

SamTherapy posted Fri, 27 July 2007 at 8:05 PM

I have a gallery. :)

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

Acadia posted Fri, 27 July 2007 at 8:20 PM

I have a gallery too.  I don't upload much though.

Actually, I just thought of something.  Everyone who registers has a gallery.  However, not everyone uploads to it.  So I'll venture a guess that everyone who is a member of Renderosity has a gallery, even if it's empty,  hehe

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

cyberscape posted Fri, 27 July 2007 at 8:28 PM

"So I'll venture a guess that everyone who is a member of Renderosity has a gallery, even if it's empty,  hehe"

Good point....smartypants!!........

I've got a gallery too. Maybe one day soon I'll add something new to it....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

AMD FX-9590 4.7ghz 8-core, 32gb of RAM, Win7 64bit, nVidia GeForce GTX 760

PoserPro2012, Photoshop CS4 and Magix Music Maker

--------------------------------------------------------------

...and when the day is dawning...I have to say goodbye...a last look back into...your broken eyes.

Conniekat8 posted Fri, 27 July 2007 at 8:43 PM

Yea, but .....  an empty gallery is like an empty can of whipped cream ;)

Hi, my namez: "NO, Bad Kitteh, NO!"  Whaz yurs?
BadKittehCo Store  BadKittehCo Freebies and product support

bagginsbill posted Fri, 27 July 2007 at 9:15 PM

Quote - The only way to tell that would be to use the "who's online" feature and click on each name individually and see if they have a gallery.

Well maybe if you're not a programmer that's the only way.

But I'm a programmer, and if I had access to your database, I could answer this question in 30 seconds. And it would take that long only because I have a cut on my finger and its hard to type.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

Conniekat8 posted Fri, 27 July 2007 at 9:30 PM

hehe, there's a lot that can be found out from poking around the database and internet logs... muaaahahahaha ;)

,lktrds <-that's my cat Tigger saying hi ;)

3Dsmacker posted Sat, 28 July 2007 at 12:48 AM

Thank you all for your contributions.

"The only way to tell that would be to use the "who's online" feature and click on each name individually and see if they have a gallery." 
"Everyone who registers has a gallery.  However, not everyone uploads to it. "
"an empty gallery is like an empty can of whipped cream" 
"But I'm a programmer, and if I had access to your database, I could answer this question in 30 seconds. " 

Yes, this is why I thought the question could be better answered by a moderator.  Not having a moderator is like having an empty can of whipped cream.

"I have a gallery" 
"I have a gallery too." 

And God bless you both for providing them! The world would be a lesser place without them. 

And you, Acadia, are the jewel in this forum's crown.  Your newbie greeting posts are the most first-class things of their kind I have ever seen, anywhere. 

" the image uploads are in the 100's per day just in the Poser Gallery alone."

Thank you, oh full can of whipped cream, for that datum.  [ florishes one hand in a courtly bow.] 

Even without adding in the other galleries uploads, 100 or so Poser uploads a day seems a little lop-sided, given an average of  4,000 or so people on line at any given moment.. 

What got me thinking about this is that I had a Renderosity member (not myself, I swear) make me his or her favorite artist.   To verify  this wonderful person's good taste, I clicked on his or her homepage and found no uploads there at all.  Strictly a viewer and a not a doer.  So now I'm starting to think that, with our wishlists out  and a what appears to be an actual audience, we who upload are sort like street corner muscians with our carrying cases open.  Not a bad gig actually.     

Dajadues posted Sat, 28 July 2007 at 1:27 AM

With the way the strict TOS is here I doubt I'll start a gallery.  I dont like all the do's & don't and someone yanking my work for silly reasons like a thumbnail being out of place or wrong or showing a bit of skin. My work would get pulled for one reason or another. Nope.

PointLady posted Sat, 28 July 2007 at 2:15 AM

I  have a gallery here, probably not that big as others.  I like doing animal type images the most, so that is what I have most off, but not all.

I see you have wondered about receiving an ebot from someone adding you to their favourites or putting a particular image/s in their favourites.  I have from time to time received an ebot like this and also wonder who this person is and what their motive really is, especially as most of the time they do not have an active gallery themselves, and at times their name is unknown to me, but then I guess with all the members here, some just like to browse the galleries, or maybe they are newbies and just like to gather images of people for inspiration and maybe learn from them - or they just plain like them :unsure:   Jan

stormchaser posted Sat, 28 July 2007 at 6:06 AM

Also, some people do scrap their galleries & start again. I nearly did this recently but instead just chose to delete half of it.
I personally would find it hard to browse through some fantastic artwork & not be inspired to try my own. There again, there must be people who simply can't afford the software to create their own.

mickmca posted Sat, 28 July 2007 at 6:13 AM

Like many others, I pulled my gallery in a dispute with the asinine TOS.

There is a thread, about a year old, in which a very good artist (as distinguished from, say, me) begins by defending the TOS, gets a bit crosswise of it after it is "explained" to him, asks for more information and in return learns even more about its silliness, makes an observation that gets a reprimand, attempts to reason with the PTBs, throws his hands in the air and pulls his gallery, never to be heard from again. If we hadn't lost a good artist (I bet he wasn't earning R'osity a nickel though, the deadbeat), it would have been nearly comical.

Something similar happened involving a merchant who said, a couple of times in the negotiations, "You gotta be kidding." It seems that the PTB do have one or two priniciples that trump making money on the doo-doo, though I've never been able to figure out what they are.

I would no more post "art" here than I would scotchtape it to the walls of a public restroom. But that's just me....

M

HeRe posted Sat, 28 July 2007 at 6:48 AM

My gallery is on Renderotica :-))

Web-Hunter posted Sat, 28 July 2007 at 6:55 AM

A Gallery here? 
With the censorship of sexually blocked moderators!

geoegress posted Sat, 28 July 2007 at 7:02 AM

"Also, some people do scrap their galleries & start again."
"Like many others, I pulled my gallery in a dispute with the asinine TOS"

Yup, I've done that. 
Hurt sales though, so now I have a very limited gallery here. I keep a bigger one at another site. 

I never trusted the online script, allways seemed to high. Feels like an advertisting ploy.
Over the years watching who post and gallery post I get the feeling that there are usually about 5,000 active members (roughly) at any one time.

When ever we've asked this kind of question from the PTB the answer is allways evasive. "Thats propriety information".

SYNTRIFID posted Sat, 28 July 2007 at 7:19 AM

Well, I have uploaded a couple or three images here, so I guess I have a gallery. With most of my 3D time spent modeling, mapping and such lately, I've really had little time to spend actually composing and rendering scenes. 

I do hope to get back into it ... eventually.

On a side note. I really can't understand all the fuss about the TOS business. Why is nudity in an upload SOOOOOO  important. (Is this the sum total of your artistic interests?)

More to the point, What's the big deal of NEEDING to show the explicit nudity in a thumbnail? Even the traditional mags like Playboy for example are filled with nude images but you never see a nude pic actually displayed on the front cover of the magazine itself.

The TOS here involving the nudity issue are really not much different form the social guidelines regulating the average public marketplace in the physical world outside the cyberbox.

I have absolutely nothing against tasteful, artistic nudity in images but I really just don't see what all the fuss is about. No one is being prohibited from uploading nude images.

Hey! His nose is dry! ... Someone should lick it,  just in case. - Diego

Web-Hunter posted Sat, 28 July 2007 at 7:31 AM

Hi SYNTRIFID,
do you live in Utah, or why you cannot see magazines with naked women on the title page?

SYNTRIFID posted Sat, 28 July 2007 at 7:50 AM

LOL - Utah? nope.  I guess perhaps the various localities could have a bearing on that example. Or maybe times have changed. It's been quite a while since I've seen even the cover of a PB mag.

But my question still remains, why is it such a big deal to NEED nudity in a thumbnail?

Hey! His nose is dry! ... Someone should lick it,  just in case. - Diego

stormchaser posted Sat, 28 July 2007 at 8:11 AM

Quote - But my question still remains, why is it such a big deal to NEED nudity in a thumbnail?

To attract views & comments.

ockham posted Sat, 28 July 2007 at 9:42 AM

Viewers vs doers is not quite accurate ... some of us are viewers
here and doers elsewhere!  I never got into the swing of posting
pictures in a 'museum' environment, where the pixels must stand
alone.  But almost every day (except for dry periods) I rig up
a picture or animation for my blog, where it serves to tell a story
or illustrate a point made in the text. 

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

SamTherapy posted Sat, 28 July 2007 at 10:37 AM

Never once had a problem with the gallery TOS here.  I can, however, understand some artists may find it restrictive.  Me, I don't do sexually explicit images but if I did, I'd probably post 'em at Rotica or Raunchy Minds.  

I see the word censorship cropping up time and again but it's not correct to equate censorship with TOS on a privately owned site.  Same as if you were a guest in my house, I'd throw you out if you didn't behave in what I consider to be an acceptable manner.

Stormchaser - I was going to delete a lot of my gallery some time ago but I was talked into keeping it as an example of progress.  It kinda goes against the grain because I have never kept my RL artwork, apart from a few pieces.  The others have either been sold, given away or destroyed. 

My Store

My Gallery

3Dsmacker posted Sat, 28 July 2007 at 10:42 AM

"Viewers vs doers"  - I did not mean that negatively. I knew that phrase would get me in trouble because it rhymed so nicely!

SamTherapy posted Sat, 28 July 2007 at 11:00 AM

Quote - "Viewers vs doers"  - I did not mean that negatively. I knew that phrase would get me in trouble because it rhymed so nicely!

Not as far as I'm concerned.  I'm happy enough that people come here just to look at the pictures.  There's not enough art of any kind in most people's lives so if this is one of the places they can brows through hundreds of pics at their leisure, that's fine by me.

My Store

My Gallery

stormchaser posted Sat, 28 July 2007 at 11:02 AM

Quote - I was going to delete a lot of my gallery some time ago but I was talked into keeping it as an example of progress.

Sam- Yeah, I understand the progress part. I suppose it is good to look back & see how far we've come.

SamTherapy posted Sat, 28 July 2007 at 11:41 AM

Quote - > Quote - I was going to delete a lot of my gallery some time ago but I was talked into keeping it as an example of progress.

Sam- Yeah, I understand the progress part. I suppose it is good to look back & see how far we've come.

I suppose it has some merit but by the same token, I wouldn't play the songs I wrote when I was 17.

My Store

My Gallery

cyberscape posted Sat, 28 July 2007 at 11:47 AM

Quote - "But my question still remains, why is it such a big deal to NEED nudity in a thumbnail?"

To attract views & comments.

Sadly, that seems to sum it up for a lot of posters out there :P  Personally, I prefer doing (somewhat) clothed renders as this tends to leave more to the viewers imagination. As my favorite teacher from art school used to say "It's not what you put in the image that matters so much as what you leave out!". She was referring to negative versus positive space in illustration but, in terms of rendering for our gallery, I feel the same rule applies. It's not how big you can make Vickie's boobs but, how well you can tease the audience without the gratuitous nipple shot ;)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

...and when the day is dawning...I have to say goodbye...a last look back into...your broken eyes.

stormchaser posted Sat, 28 July 2007 at 11:55 AM

Good points there cyberspace. But I quess with some people they would just rather look at the 'in your face' type of work. For me personally, I love artwork that expresses some form of emotion, the type that makes you think. Don't get me wrong, I do love looking at pinups if they are done really well.

pakled posted Sat, 28 July 2007 at 12:19 PM

good heavens, yes. Have waaay too many pictures in there as it is (about 250..;) btw...how many pics in a gallery would be considered 'too many'? If I didn't cull them, I'd probably have about 500 or so..;)

Only time this seems to come up is when someone posts a 'nastygram' on a pic, and you discover the poster no pictures in their gallery, whatever that means...;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

geoegress posted Sat, 28 July 2007 at 12:19 PM

I think your missing the point, reading in morality and reinforcing your own perconseptions(sp).

Art is speech!!!

Useing this or that standard based on morality is a slippery slope.  A nipple and a hand are the same thing in an image. At what point do you apply subjective standards. 
Is it enough to cover a nipple with a pastie? Does 70% of the breast need covering? where does the breast stop on the side. How many pubic hairs are required? Whats the min. breast size. A cup, D cup? All subjective to your personal POV. This is not a content debate. It is a morality debate.

Art is speech. Just because this is a private site dosen't mean it is without regulations. As it is the largest art site it also has public access rules. A grocery store may say no shirt, no shoes no service. But they can NOT say only native born americans or only white people can enter.

Also, as the largest art site with a world wide membership it should be EXPANSIVE in it's open speech policies. Just because Kuwait has a rule against saying anything against any other religion. It is NOT RR's responsibilty to comply with it. Especially in the United States of America. And it goes the other way also, it's not a British citizens responsibilty to comply the Utah's local customs.

Art is speech!!!
 A nipple and a hand are the same thing in an image and under the first ammendment.

SamTherapy posted Sat, 28 July 2007 at 12:38 PM

?

Rosity's TOS doesn't equate with saying "you can't come in here", it equates with saying "if you do come in here, you have to behave in a certain way", which, to me at least, is the same as saying "no shirt, no service" or whatever.  

I'm sure that if your constitutional rights are being violated by Rosity, there will be some legal body somewhere who will fight on your behalf.

My Store

My Gallery

Ardiva posted Sat, 28 July 2007 at 12:50 PM

I have a few things in my gallery as well.

jjroland posted Sat, 28 July 2007 at 12:50 PM

""A nipple and a hand are the same thing in an image and under the first ammendment.""

You are aware that the first ammendment has nothing to do with what people do and do not allow on webspace they OWN right?
There are also a plethora of other rules, regulations and laws regarding "nipples" that aren't protected by the first ammendment.  I can't stand when people think that the first ammendment means they can do any damn thing they want any damn where they want.  I am HUGE fan of it, but I really think people should fully comprehend what it means before they go spouting off taglines and hot phrases regarding it.

I realize some VERY excellent artists have felt censored due to the new policy.  Well unfortunately life aint fair.  If as grown adults people have not come to terms with this yet, then damn....  The problem is that people push boundaries just as absolutely far as they can, any business has to come to a point where they have to make some hard decisions about firm rules - otherwise people who want to exploit the grey area will walk all over them.

Now here I had no intention of getting into this discussion again and someone had to go and mention the bill of rights. In case anyone is not completely clear on all it entails - here:

http://usinfo.state.gov/usa/infousa/facts/funddocs/billeng.htm

I am:  aka Velocity3d 

Conniekat8 posted Sat, 28 July 2007 at 1:22 PM

Quote -  A nipple and a hand are the same thing in an image and under the first ammendment.

I doubt that they are the same thing. I bet if I go out in public showing nipples, I'd get nicked for indecent exposure, by government.

However, that's beside the point, because renderosity isn't a government entity and first amendment (the freedom of speech) only protects someone from GOVERNMENT prosecuting them for their expression. It doesn't protect a person from a private entity finding things they do distasteful or unacceptable on their own property.

Renderosity It's a privately owned business (or a corporation, or whatever it's business legal standing it, rest assured, it's not a government entity), and it is their right (and obligation) to set what's acceptable on their premesis (in this case, their website).  They are also allowed to be more restrictive then the government.

Conniekat8 posted Sat, 28 July 2007 at 1:23 PM

Oh, JJ, you beat me to it :)  You said it better too :)

Greywolf Starkiller posted Sat, 28 July 2007 at 1:34 PM

Nicely said. We have to deal with that kind of thought all the time, in Canada.
Freedom is NOT licence. People seem to think it means they can do what they like
and DAMN anyone else. If I want erotic art, I'll go to R'otica. If R'osity didn't have such
a strict TOS, there would be no difference between the two sites. I'm sorry that good 
artists left because they felt censored, but it's R'osity's sandbox, therefore R'osity's
rules. (shrugs) 

Greywolf

Greywolf Starkiller posted Sat, 28 July 2007 at 1:35 PM

PS: Horse is not just dead now, it's pounded into the ground. :)

LostinSpaceman posted Sat, 28 July 2007 at 1:44 PM

What Horse?!? All I see is a muddy pit about 50 feet deep from the pounding and tears!

stormchaser posted Sat, 28 July 2007 at 2:08 PM

Quote - I bet if I go out in public showing nipples, I'd get nicked for indecent exposure

I didn't think you did that any more Connie!

People know the rules here. They only have themselves to blame if they overstep the mark regarding images. Not that I agree with all the rules here, but if I wish to participate here I have to accept them.

Conniekat8 posted Sat, 28 July 2007 at 2:18 PM

*I didn't think you did that any more Connie!    

LOLOL  :-x*

*People know the rules here. They only have themselves to blame if they overstep the mark regarding images. Not that I agree with all the rules here, but if I wish to participate here I have to accept them.
*You got it!  People push the envelope, then complain when they get nicked... 
Well, when one is pushing an envelope, they're very likely to get a papercut or two.

stormchaser posted Sat, 28 July 2007 at 2:21 PM

And we all know nothing hurts more than paper cut. Well, apart from childbirth, so I've heard!

Conniekat8 posted Sat, 28 July 2007 at 2:24 PM

Yeah, just when you start feeling you own it and can have your way with it... 

nick it comes out of what seems like nowhere!

I think it hurts the ego even more!

Acadia posted Sat, 28 July 2007 at 3:23 PM

Quote - I bet if I go out in public showing nipples, I'd get nicked for indecent exposure, by government.

Not if you live in Winnipeg, some places in Ontario and I believe some places in BC.

For several years now it's been 100% legal where I live for a woman to go topless in the City. I mean completely topless. 

I can't stand clothes, especially in the summer, and if weren't for the fact that some guys behave like they've never in their lives seen a naked breast before, I would be outside walking around topless.

I tried looking up in google, but this is the best I can find:

[http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Topfree

](http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Topfree)

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

3Dsmacker posted Sat, 28 July 2007 at 3:28 PM

Well, I did not mean to touch off another round about what Rendo will and will not allow, but that has apparently happened because there are still alot of sensitive feelings. 

As has been noted, Rendo is a business even if it does have some of the qualities of a community. Businesses set their TOS's for business reasons. In case some of you did not see what I posted elsewhere, I will repeat what I think is one of the reasons Rendo has tightened up.  I think its because Rendo sees a strong possibly for 3D art going very mainstream in the not too distant future.  

For a long time now, 3D art has been looked on as a very esoteric and recondite thing that could only  be done by math-addled computer savants. Poser and DAZ have been successively simplifying the tools to the point that we are on the cusp of them being avaiable to anybody who has a modicum of computer literacy.  With the coming retirement of the baby boom generation, there will shortly be a very large population of people like that out there with a lot of time on their hands.  We may shortly be seeing the Jon Gnagy's www.tseymour.com/gnagy.html and Bob Ross' of 3D art arise. www.bobross.com/
I think Rendo wants to be part of that. 

Conniekat8 posted Sat, 28 July 2007 at 3:31 PM

Re: Topfree...
Interesting Link, Acadia :)
Back homw where I grew up, topless beaches were the norm...
I tennd to prefer all-over tan too... well, perhaps not at the moment, but after the diet... yaaay!

vincebagna posted Sat, 28 July 2007 at 3:49 PM

Quote - Re: Topfree...
Interesting Link, Acadia :)
Back homw where I grew up, topless beaches were the norm...
I tennd to prefer all-over tan too... well, perhaps not at the moment, but after the diet... yaaay!

I bet you'll have to shave all your hair first... 😉

My Store

Conniekat8 posted Sat, 28 July 2007 at 3:55 PM

Kitty a la Naturelle ;)

Ummm.... oh, yeah, I know....
You're right, it's all this pouffy fur that's making me look fat. Underneath is a skinny kitty wanting to break out!

cyberscape posted Sat, 28 July 2007 at 3:56 PM

"I have a few things in my gallery as well." - Ardiva

....and nice things they are! I'm not a big fan of faeries but, you've got a good eye for composition! Keep at it! :)

And Paul, excellent work on the guitar pic! That Strat looks just like one I used to have back in the early 90's. Ya can't beat a Marshall for distortion but, damn....they eat 12AX7 tubes worse than V3 eats RAM!! ;)

"Art is speech!!!" - geogress

Won't hear me argue that one! Well said! Then again...

"Art is speech!!!
 A nipple and a hand are the same thing in an image and under the first ammendment."

WOW! Try explaining that to the US Department of Education (or any church official for that matter). Seriously, the glorious "eff-word"(rhymes with puck) is speech too! Then again, I can think of MANY places where it's not appropriate or acceptable to say it. Same goes for a "nipple in the hand" I personnally don't get bothered by nips one way or the other (shrug)...but, then ... I can't speak for everyone. 'Tis part of why I don't feature nudity in any of my renders...kinda broadens the scope of who can view and (hopefully) enjoy my work :)
Plus it helps keep me out of the ever-shifting and selective TOS spotlight!  "Ay m'laddies, I seen 'er wid me own eyes!"

vincebagna posted Sat, 28 July 2007 at 4:03 PM

Quote - Kitty a la Naturelle ;)

Oh, a french speaking kitty? Or is it another american (english) expression??
And no, you're not puffy, it's only a lack of lick. :lol:

My Store

cyberscape posted Sat, 28 July 2007 at 4:04 PM

"Not if you live in Winnipeg, some places in Ontario and I believe some places in BC."

THAT's IT!!! I'm moving to Canada!!! (or wherever Conniekat's from)!!

stormchaser posted Sat, 28 July 2007 at 4:25 PM

Quote - For several years now it's been 100% legal where I live for a woman to go topless in the City. I mean completely topless.

Damn, now I know I'm living in the wrong city!

jwhitham posted Sat, 28 July 2007 at 4:31 PM

Quote - > Quote - For several years now it's been 100% legal where I live for a woman to go topless in the City. I mean completely topless.

Damn, now I know I'm living in the wrong city!

Dunno about that. People walking around with no heads really bothers me. Probably just from watching all those zombie flicks though.

stormchaser posted Sat, 28 July 2007 at 4:32 PM

Quote - some guys behave like they've never in their lives seen a naked breast before

No matter how many times us guys see a pair of real breasts we're still captivated by them! :thumbupboth:

cyberscape posted Sat, 28 July 2007 at 4:38 PM

Here, here!!   I retract what I said about nips earlier!

SamTherapy posted Sat, 28 July 2007 at 4:55 PM

Quote - > Quote - some guys behave like they've never in their lives seen a naked breast before

No matter how many times us guys see a pair of real breasts we're still captivated by them! :thumbupboth:

Most definitely.  OTOH, most beaches where I spend my summer are topless or nude.  Not that you'd want to see me nekkid.  Some things are best left to the imagination.

My Store

My Gallery

jwhitham posted Sat, 28 July 2007 at 5:18 PM

Quote - > Quote - some guys behave like they've never in their lives seen a naked breast before

And suntan lotion being applied with their owners, slightly sandy, hands... 

Time I took holiday again I think.

SamTherapy posted Sat, 28 July 2007 at 7:08 PM

Quote -
And Paul, excellent work on the guitar pic! That Strat looks just like one I used to have back in the early 90's. Ya can't beat a Marshall for distortion but, damn....they eat 12AX7 tubes worse than V3 eats RAM!! ;)

Thank you!  

And yes, you're right, although Watford Electronics do a nice line in NOS tubes these days and a range of cryo treated ones for that little bit extra.  BTW, we call 'em ECC83 over here.

My Store

My Gallery

cyberscape posted Sat, 28 July 2007 at 7:48 PM

Watford Electronics.... Man, does that take me back! I used to do a lot of repairs for musicians in Atlanta, GA but, my personal pref was the Randall RG-100 solid-state. Coupled with an SRD eq and a BBE exciter, all being fed by an EMG81 on my Strat made some serious thunder! 
Now it's an Aria Pro II fed into my Gateway computer with Revalver and some VST plugins .
Bahhh... just ain't the same, I tell ya!  .....just ain't!

pakled posted Sat, 28 July 2007 at 9:28 PM

gad..someone else has an Aria Pro II? sunuva...;)

One of the things I learned at going to a topless beach (St. Maartin/Ste. Martin), was how many people look better with their clothes on...;)

and a hand and a nipple aren't the same thing, but it's a beautiful thing when they get together..;)

SamTherapy posted Sat, 28 July 2007 at 9:37 PM

My current rig is a stock Les Paul Standard and a Japanese Fender (not Squier) Strat with JB Jr in the bridge slot, into a Marshall DSL 100.  Seriously loud.

My Store

My Gallery

3Dsmacker posted Sat, 28 July 2007 at 11:01 PM

"One of the things I learned at going to a topless beach (St. Maartin/Ste. Martin), was how many people look better with their clothes on...;)"

LOL. That reminds me of what I heard of when Italy started allowing nude beaches in the early 60's.  or so.  The young guys were disappointed to find that the only real nudity that happened at first was old guys past  their 60's strutting around in their birthday suits  like bantam roosters.  (the young guys were already notorious for unwanted pinching of women's  rear-ends, so no woman with sense was going to actually go nude then.)

pakled posted Sun, 29 July 2007 at 2:53 PM

ah..to have money. Had to sell a lot of the rig to pay bills, I'm down to a tiny Peavey, but I'm actually a keyboard player, so it's ok..;)

..about the beach..there was a woman in her 60s, that time (and gravity) had not been kind to. Happens to us all, but I guess it takes a kind of chutzpa to do that at that age..;)

SamTherapy posted Sun, 29 July 2007 at 4:58 PM

Quote - ah..to have money. Had to sell a lot of the rig to pay bills, I'm down to a tiny Peavey, but I'm actually a keyboard player, so it's ok..;)

In my experience, the keys player has always needed a full range PA with at least twice the headroom of anyone else.  Then again, it may just be that the keys player I've usually worked with is something of a propeller head and also our producer.  At least he keeps me loud in the mix so I should be thankful for small mercies.

My Store

My Gallery