Forum: Photography

Subject: licensing agreement

MrMichael opened this issue on Aug 06, 2007 · 2 posts

MrMichael posted Mon, 06 August 2007 at 11:53 AM

I've been looking all over the web to find some examples of licensing agreements for photos and I haven't found anything of use.  I want a licensing agreement that I can put with the photos that I put on DVD for wedding clients.  I did some engagement photos a while back for a very close friend and I gave her the working files.  She converted those and took them to be printed at a Wal-Mart and they wouldn't let her print them without written authorization.  She called me and I recommended trying another place for the time being.  I just don't want that to happen and I would also like protection of my images.

I am going to turn around the full resolution jpegs and tifs, but I want them for the clients' use only.  I have also included downsized jpegs for easy browsing and printing 4"x6" photos and for limited sharing (ie. sharing photos that contain an individual in them, but only to that individual shown in the photo), limited posting (putting favorite pics online, but no more than a specified number with a specified largest size).