Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Exorcising the Poser 7 SP2

majikart opened this issue on Aug 24, 2007 · 8 posts

majikart posted Fri, 24 August 2007 at 3:46 AM

About a month or so ago, I got an E-mail from e-Frontier that the latest service pak for Poser 7 is ready, So I downloaded it, Installed it and from that point on,Whether it was installed incorrectly or what, the program constantly harassed me everytime I worked in poser 7; Do you guys know how I can  get rid of this servicepak without dismantling everything in the Poser 7 program??, Can I re-install it over the infected program or is there an un-installewr for the service-pak alone??? I would love to have my old Poser 7 back; Any ideas???, Majikart.

Acadia posted Fri, 24 August 2007 at 3:53 AM

So far as I know you have to uninstall the program and then reinstall it minus the SR2.

Move your runtime folder out of the poser folder first! Then copy it back.  I read in another thread that someone uninstalled and reinstalled without saving their runtime thinking that like poser 5 and 6 that Poser wouldn't delete the old runtime.  They ended up losing all of their stuff.

So make sure you save that runtime before deleting anything :)

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

nerd posted Fri, 24 August 2007 at 4:00 AM Forum Moderator

DON"T move the entire runtime folder! There's app specific stuff in there and you'll end up with a mixed version and a real headache. Only move the content folders. (Libraries, Textures, Reflections, Geometries and any Python script you may have.

Once you've moved it out -- leave it out. Just make it a linked runtime and from now on you won't have to worry about overwriting custom content with a re-install.

Acadia posted Fri, 24 August 2007 at 4:12 AM

Quote - DON"T move the entire runtime folder! There's app specific stuff in there

Thanks for that :)

I use external runtimes so I forgot that the main Poses runtime folder has more than just the content folders  that are used in external runtimes.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

estherau posted Fri, 24 August 2007 at 5:49 AM

You know, I think the pz3s are written with a relative pathway for the stuff from your active poser application ie just runtime:etc instead of HD"Applications:runtime the idea being that when you upgrade your poser to poser 8 you just merge your old poser 7 runtime with your poser 8 runtime and your pz3s still have the correct pathway. Love esther

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

ashley9803 posted Sat, 25 August 2007 at 5:42 AM

God I'm glad I didn't rush into P7.
We're now at the stage where people are wanting to remove the latest service releases, which were actually supposed to make things work better.
I'd like to know why some people have no problem, and for others it's a nightmere.

sparrownightmare posted Sat, 25 August 2007 at 11:25 AM

I can't understand why people are having so much trouble with version 7.  I haven't had any issues with it at all.

Quote - God I'm glad I didn't rush into P7.
We're now at the stage where people are wanting to remove the latest service releases, which were actually supposed to make things work better.
I'd like to know why some people have no problem, and for others it's a nightmere.

randym77 posted Sat, 25 August 2007 at 12:04 PM

I can't get ShaderSpider to work with P7.  I use ShaderSpider a lot, which means I'm still using P6 most of the time.