Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: OT Does anyone happen to know..

RedPhantom opened this issue on Sep 07, 2007 · 4 posts

RedPhantom posted Fri, 07 September 2007 at 7:03 PM Site Admin

If you put a magnet near a LCD monitor will it mess it up like it can a CRT?

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

Acadia posted Fri, 07 September 2007 at 7:12 PM

I found this link but it's about TV's. I would imagine the same thing would apply to a monitor

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20061126213557AATpEJe

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

pakled posted Fri, 07 September 2007 at 9:33 PM

not as much...but I don't have a magnet handy. The pixels on LCDs are transistors (or were, at one time, I haven't had to know in a few years) LCD's are liquid crystals. Now plasma, that might be something else..;)

Reminds me of my Dad, who had a cavity magnetron from an old radar, sitting in the shop. Read about how magnets shape TV images, and applied said magnet to color TV. Never caught, but the whole image got sucked into the area of the magnet like a black hole. TV needed repairs too...I am so bad..; (was about 12 or so..;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

infinity10 posted Mon, 10 September 2007 at 12:24 AM

I tripped while carrying my LCD monitor to its new location, and pressed hard on the screen with my fingers as I tried to steady myself.  ( yes, famous for being the clumsy oaf ).  The LCD crystals leaked from their little cells, and I now see a black blotch across my screen when I switch it on and connect it to my computer.   So that's another way to change how  you see what's on your monitor.

Eternal Hobbyist