Forum: Photoshop

Subject: I have a serious problem...

DarwinsMishap opened this issue on Sep 16, 2007 · 9 posts

DarwinsMishap posted Sun, 16 September 2007 at 10:29 AM

I've spent three hours here looking for an answer, and I've given up.

I have Daz3D, and PS7.

I was able to do postwork on ONE render in PS7....and now I can't get the file into PS7 without it being the thumbnail and completely useless.

HOW do I save the file in Daz, and open it in PS7?  I am doing something woefully wrong here... And I can't remember for the life of me how I did it on my first rendering.

Nothing I've tried works.  I've busted my brain on this ever since I posted Nicolae on my gallery.  I haven't been able to get ANYTHING into PS7....  No matter what I've done.

That, and suddenly my full body/face morph for M3 doesn't work.  I installed it and uninstalled it twice, and the PBM...spandex.pz2's are missing-so none of the morphs work.  

I have WXP here..and I'm ready to scrap this entire ordeal and go back to my pencils.

HELP-PLEASE???????

Heztia posted Sun, 16 September 2007 at 1:11 PM

Ok I can help I hope.  I work in Daz Studio and PS7 myself.  Now I'm not sure how your saving the file but you need to render it first then export the rendered image by going to " File "and " Save Last Render " this will save the image in "jpg" which you can than open in PS7. Hope this helps! ;0)   

PS don't know how to help with M3 manybe the file you have is corrput or missing something

Heztia

"KnowThyself And Be Ture, Let Karma Do The Rest"
Mystic Images Freebies

DarwinsMishap posted Mon, 17 September 2007 at 5:07 AM

Thank you!!!!

I'll try that tonight after work!!  I'll post what happens, and I'm looking into those missing files...  Ugh. 

:)!

Heztia posted Mon, 17 September 2007 at 11:08 AM

If you can't find them I can find them in my files and send them too you.

"KnowThyself And Be Ture, Let Karma Do The Rest"
Mystic Images Freebies

Boofy posted Thu, 20 September 2007 at 10:21 PM

I think there is a "save image as" that you can save it as an image in whatever program. (sorry if a bit vague but I am at work and cant check....yet)

Quest posted Sun, 23 September 2007 at 2:21 AM

Well, not too familiar with your particular situation although I do own DAZ and P.S. 7. But your images must be saved to a format that P.S. can handle as Boofy suggests. As a reminder, you can set certain parts of your DAZ composition as “invisible” and since you can render certain scenes with objects as invisible, you can render scenes with all sorts of invisibility and render them as separate files only to compile them all under one file in P.S. to handle as you see fit as layers and giving you more versatility in the ultimate composition.

Quest

Boofy posted Sun, 23 September 2007 at 7:35 AM

Darwinsmishap,

This is a screen dump of the 'save last render scene'

Boofy posted Sun, 23 September 2007 at 7:40 AM

I use PSP 5 but the details should not have changed much, this is the render and it came out at 406 x 276. If anyone knows how to alter that and have it as a larger file as the end result then feel free to suggest away. 

Have you tried any of the tutorials here? They may help you to familiarise yourself with the application. Stick with it though. Once you get the hang of it it is pretty good.

Let us know how you go. Jen

thundering1 posted Tue, 25 September 2007 at 10:27 PM

It almost sounds like you were trying to save a "scene file" or "model" from DAZ and open it into PS7...
Were you, in fact, trying to save an "image"? (in which case PS can open almost any image format you throw at it)

Granted, I haven't used DAZS in a few years, but when rendering out a still image you should have the capability to decide the image size and format - I suggest the largest you are wiling to work with (you can ALWAYS scale down, but scaling UP periodically proves to be problematic - wow, too many "p" words there...), and save it as a TIF so there's no compression and artifacting.

Good luck - hope that helps-
-Lew ;-)