Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: POSER HITS THE BIGTIME! USED IN TV COMMERCIAL!

PANdaRUS opened this issue on Aug 22, 1999 ยท 14 posts

PANdaRUS posted Sun, 22 August 1999 at 8:34 PM

Ok so it's not the big time, but at least it's an infomercial! I was flipping past the channels late last night when I half caught something that made my jaw drop! It was a Poser figure losing weight while raising her arms upwards! I immediately flipped back and sat right up to see poser being used in a low budget commercial starring an old ball player! Sadly I missed the poser bit, so I was forced to sit through the ENTIRE thing again to see the repeat of it. But I've got a URL to share plus for all of you with Real player...THE ACTUAL COMMERCIAL! It was kinda funny to see. I wonder if the person who created the poser clip is a member here? If you want to check it out go to www.enformanatural.com Once there click on the ENFORMA VIDEO link and you will be given the chance to view the commercial. It's the first time I've ever seen poser used anywhere on television! Anyone else ever spot it out there? PAN~

ali posted Sun, 22 August 1999 at 9:29 PM

Speak of the devil. while walking past our local Software Today store the other day I noticed that they had used the Poser Male in their advertising posters. I took a 2nd look and it was the poser male, geekie look and all.

Floydd posted Sun, 22 August 1999 at 10:45 PM

As the producer of my own fair share of video "cheese" (although not these spots) please remember that the real producer could be one of the gang here so please think twice before casually tossing insults at the work. At least it was "work". Remember that one of the cool things about this forum is that even when nubies post lame work in here, usuallly there is an effort made to find some aspect of the work on which one can make encouraging comments and suggestions. I think I would be somewhat crushed if I got my work in a national informercial only to have the folks that I respect in here call it crap - but of course I'm the insecure sensitive type :} I also saw the weight loss infomercial and thought it was a very effective use of Poser for a client who perhaps had an animation budget under $1000.

DD posted Sun, 22 August 1999 at 11:04 PM

I'm walking through target today and see a squirt gun in summer clearance that has poser people on it. The casual man figure does get some use after all! A couple months ago there was a local real estate comercial i saw using Poser figures in (what i believe was) 3DS Max. Weird world.

SnowSultan posted Sun, 22 August 1999 at 11:10 PM

I could be mistaken, but I seem to remember a scene in Batman and Robin that looked like it featured an old Poser wireframe model (when Batman and Robin find Mr. Freeze's wife, it shows up on the little screen)...anyone know for sure? :) SnowS

my DeviantArt page: http://snowsultan.deviantart.com/

I do not speak as a representative of DAZ, I speak only as a long-time member here. Be nice (and quit lying about DAZ) and I'll be nice too.

coldrake posted Sun, 22 August 1999 at 11:12 PM

I wasn't calling the Poser animation cheesy, just the product and the actors. I think it's great when anyone can get a job with national exposure. Believe me, I had my share of "cheese" jobs when I was getting my start in photography. Any job is a good job, especially if it can further your career. I hope I didn't offend the person who did the animation, that was certainly not my intention. Coldrake

Floydd posted Mon, 23 August 1999 at 12:43 AM

Oops, sorry Coldrake, my mistake, I did indeed misread your comments. Upon re-reading it I see that you never refered to the poser work as cheesy. In the words of Rosanne Rosanadana... "Nevermind"

ronin posted Mon, 23 August 1999 at 6:21 AM

Poser figures were also used for the intro movie for the game Expendable. They were even animated in Poser and then rendered in some other program, can't remember which. regards Ronin

JWesterburg posted Mon, 23 August 1999 at 8:48 AM

I've seen that piece of the commercial while channel surfing. It's at least 4 months old. Believe me, the people here could do 5 times better than that. It's just the P3 casual female with no texures. It looked like whoever did it put the animation together the same afternoon they installed Poser. Of course that IS possible...

PANdaRUS posted Mon, 23 August 1999 at 1:01 PM

Please see Post #3 in this thread...gulp... PAN~

Mazirian posted Mon, 23 August 1999 at 1:14 PM

Poser was also used in the movie the 5th element during the reconstruction of lilu.

PANdaRUS posted Mon, 23 August 1999 at 1:35 PM

It was? Holy Shazbot! Lilu was pretty darn hot...I'm gonna go home and see if what you say is so! (got it on dvd!)

-renapd- posted Mon, 23 August 1999 at 2:20 PM Site Admin

Talking about our favorite apps being used in TV commercials, I have no idea if this one was on American TV or not, but someone (very talented) has created a stunning Bryce animation for BAYER aspirin. I never get bored watching it over and over again -still running- in Greek TV. I wish there was a way you could all share the experience... Isn't it funny we can tell that our toys were used from the very first seconds on the air? renapd

[[MyGallery] [MyStore]
"Collect moments, not things."

PANdaRUS posted Mon, 23 August 1999 at 2:46 PM

Totally..it certainly shows us for the "addicts" we are...sigh.... PAN~ Pale and in need of some sunlight